“Very clean, close to MTR and queit”

Hope Land Executive Serviced Apartment
Ranked #416 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Macau, China
“Very clean, close to MTR and queit”
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We had stayed in this serviced apartment way back 2009 and it was just newly open,some areas was still close tho. The place was perfect, for malls are very accesible because the transport service is close,mtr is just 5 minutes by foot, taxi is everywhere.
We got a luck to be upgraded in the one bedroom suite ( my friend works in Agoda, hence she did work it for us) and it's an ace. We loved the room being so new and the peaceful stay even we are in the city.the poo was so beautiful too.
I can absolutely reccomend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank JadeMaldives

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,027 helpful votes
Reviewed 13 August 2011

I was staying here with my girlfriend and we really enjoyed the Hope Land hotel. We had a room with a kitchen and a bed area that you could close off with sliding doors. The room was plenty big and for $40 per night we were very happy with what we got. It was well worth double what we paid.

Breakfast was included and it was nice. The hotel grounds and lobby were very nice as well.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arizonaac
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2011

Crap crap and oh, did I mention crap. Thanks for the staff member who went through our belongings in our room and helped themselves to money etc. Also to the receptionist who rang and woke me to say "You must leave now". She had my check out date wrong! (I had double checked this on arrival) She says go to look at two other rooms and pay Baht300 more per night. After running me around for a couple of hours, I asked why couldn't I stay in my room. She says, ok, with no apology or explanation.
Then there's the tour operator in the lobby. Nice lady but we got ripped off on a full day tour. Left the hotel at 06:00 A.M. and arrived at the floating markets at 10:30am. Friend who is a local said I should have been there at 7-8 am to see the real market, not just the crap they tried to sell us. Went then to Tiger Temple. "Just hurry, only 15 minutes.".That was in 43C heat. Lunch was crap for a country that makes such good food. Then went to Bridge over River Kwai. "You have 20mins" , again. No time to pay respect to the Prisoners of War who died there, no time to visit the war cemetary to pay repsect to the fallen Australian soldiers. We let the tour office know, without being rude. Next day the tour guide calls us 15 times! Even showed up at the hotel after we asked to be left alone All this for Baht5,500. Be careful fellow travellors. It ruined what was up to then "A perfect holiday" To the rude receptionist at the Hope Land Executive Residence, "you are in the wrong job"!
Rest of Thailand was fantastic (Chiang Mai and Koh Samui)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank MountainWally
Mauritius
Reviewed 9 January 2011

spacious room and bathroom with both shower and bathtub. big spread for breakfast but no restaurant or room service in the hotel. good service, professional staff. room was fresh.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JLira
Bangkok
Reviewed 27 November 2010

My company booked me 1 night at Hope Land Residence Hotel. The taxi driver at Hualompong trainstation told me, he know the Hope Land, only to find out, that there was another site with the same name.
But finally I got to the Hope Land Residence Hotel at Sukhumvit Soi 46, only about 300 metres from the Skytrainstation Prakanong.
From outside, it rather looks like a bank-building, then a hotel, but after entering the building i was really surprised to find the big lobby, the friendly staff and the calm and private atmosphere.
My room was a standard room, but even this standard room had about 30 squaremeter, and was bigger than most of the hotels in Bangkok i stayed before.
As a hotel-guest you get free wifi in the room as well as free usage of the computers in the lobby.
If you are looking for a cup of coffee or tea, you get it at the lobby for free !!
The amazing thing of the hotel is a really big garden with a freesize swimmingpool in between the hotel buildings.
And, as it seemed for me, that most of the hotel-guests were businessmen, who were working during the daytime, there was nobody at the pool during the daytime.
The breakfast buffet in the restaurant next to the pool is quite ok, they offer different kinds of bread, also some cheese, cakes, 5-6 different thai-dishes, rice-soup and a lot of salds and fruits.
From the hotel to the skytrainstation Prakanong, you may walk the 300 metres, but you have to cross a big junction, or you can use the free tuk-tuk of the hotel, that brings you to the skytrain in less than 2 minutens at any time you want.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank nzimmer621
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed 25 April 2010

Note that this is a serviced apartment and not a hotel. The desk staff is on site primarily to collect rent, they will not treat you as a guest but rather as a long term apartment renter even if you are only staying for a few days.

Only one demographic finds the appeal of this place; Japanese salary men on long term travel assignment (notice how many reviews are in Kanji). They are indeed a good group so if you are looking to make friends with these fellas, and their prostitutes, Hope Land is your place.

Also know that you have many similar priced options within easy walking distance (and with the recent political upheaval, they are all a bargain), ranging from full service hotels, to nicer and more welcoming serviced apartments, to boutique hotels. I recommend all nearby options far and above Hope Land.

The first thing I noticed about Hope Land was how hot the hotel was inside the common areas; unlike other buildings in the neighborhood, Hope Land does not have A/C in hallways, elevators etc.

Upon entering my room, I noticed it smelled like a sweaty locker room during football season. I remained optimistic, reported the problem, and hoped it could be solved with a simple cleaning.

The staff's response was to spray the room with an air freshener rather than clean the filthy surfaces from which the odor was emanating. When I explained the persistence of the odor, the staff confessed that other guests complained and were also unwilling to stay in the room.

I was offered another room, which was larger and more expensive. It was the only other room the hotel had vacant. I was given a choice to stay in the filthy room, pay extra for the upgraded room, or leave.

What would you do? Stay at Hope Land and you may well find your answer.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank cerwin01
Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 February 2010

The hotel is close to BTS station, only 5-7 minutes walk. There are convenience stores, restaurants and big shopping malls around. Most of the customers are Japanese. Everything is clean and kind.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple