Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok
  • Bar/Lounge
Fortuna Hotel(Bangkok)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsexchange towerfoodland supermarketfood landhour supermarketstudio apartmentasok btsbenjakiti parkkitchen facilitieswalking distance to terminalsmall kitchena small swimming poolsoi cowboyexcellent locationmini fridgehalal foodlong stayfree wifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here recently for one night, after having fled Koh Chang early because I hated it so much and struggling to find a hotel room. The rooms are spacious, with a large shower and have kept very well. There is a small swimming pool (great for early morning dips) and small but functional gym on the top floor, there is also a small laundry (two washing machines and one dryer - cost for a wash and dry THB 180) on the top floor. A three minute walk from Citadines there is international supermarket and deli called Foodland - to stock up on essentials. From BTS Asoke to Hotel is a brisk 8 minute walk - follow sky bridge to Exchange Tower, walk through and exit near Starbucks on the ground floor at the back - and the first street on your left is Soi 16.
Overall this was a great stay, the staff is perfectly pleasant and helpful, my only criticism would be the fast internet you can purchase in the rooms - MY TIP DON'T BOTHER- at THB 200/day you will get the same speed as you would without paying - I have no problem with Hotels trying to increase their profits by selling add-ons but seriously if you are going to charge this much for the add-on it really should work.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Libica,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through our customer satisfaction survey.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Pertaining to your comment on Internet, our management’s attention has been drawn to cordinate with Internet Service Provider to upgrade on the bandwidth, which it's in process. Meantime; please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused you.

We trust, you had a pleasant trip home and look forward to have another opportunity of welcoming you to Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The property is an "apart-hotel" style accommodation in a very good location in central Bangkok.

Rooms are functional (and include a kitchenette and separate bedroom and living room areas) and services somewhat limited. Good if you are on a relatively tight budget or are planning a longer stay and want to avoid classic hotel accomodation

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ElBar72
Sasiwimon23, Manager at Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear EIBar72,

Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is my third stay at Citadines Sukhimvit 16, and I am sure it will not be the last! Much has changed since my last visit. Terminal 21 is a huge shopping mall which has sprung up next to Asok BTS station, and it is so convenient to get to from the hotel. You have banks, nice food stalls and your usual spiel of brands in the mall. The 24-hour Foodland supermarket is still thriving, and I've spent many coins there buying local produce and beer. I've stayed in many serviced apartments in Bangkok, and this has always been the best in terms of location. The TV channels were awesome too, with AXN and Fox Movie Premium vying for evening airtime. I caught Spiderman 2, Men in Black, and a host of crime thrillers (CSI rocks!).

Apart from Foodland and Terminal 21, its about 5mins easy walk from Asok BTS station, which is also an interchange station with MRT. It is about 6-7 stations from the famous MBK Mall, and is along the route to Chatuchak market (Mo Chit station).

To get to Citadines Sukhumvit 16, exit at the gate which says Exchange Tower, walk towards the building (you cannot miss the super huge True Fitness logo hung from the building), and walk down from the skybridge onto the main road. Walk in the same direction as the traffic, with Exchange Tower on your left. Turn left into the first small street you see, and you will be able to spot the orange building that is Citadines Sukhumvit 16. (As a sidenote, the spring rolls which were hawked by a roadside vendor was heavenly.... I threw some caution to the wind on my last day in BKK, and bought a box home for THB40. I nuked it in the microwave back at the apartment and had a very sinfully delicious snack. I did not suffer any food poisoning, but I would be cautious if you have a sensitive digestive system).

This trip was saved from a sad ending, as a result of an honest cleaning staff. I thought my husband and I checked the room for any missing item, but I actually left my new Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile phone on the bed hidden under the pillow. I am thankful the staff passed my phone to reception, who passed it back to me when I returned to collect my luggage in the late afternoon to catch my late flight back home. As a result of his or her honest act, I was saved alot of nagging from the husband, the pain of having to spend a bomb on another phone, and the torture of trying to restore contacts and build a new stash of photos/ memories of everyday.

Some tips for an enjoyable stay - request NOT to stay on Level 2 (its the level where breakfast is served and it may get annoying to hear so many people walk by the corridor, even if there is a glass door separating the rooms from the dining room). I asked for additional pillows too in case you are used to hugging pillows to sleep like I do. Breakfast is blah and nothing to crow about, but I was not there for the food. Cereal, bread, fried rice, fried vegetables, chicken, simple soup, bacon, sausages are the usual spread.

Room Tip: Do not stay on Level 2 - food is served at this level and all guests come to this floor if they want breakfast.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kokonuk

Dear Kokonuk,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations, especially from Ms. Ning, our Room Attendant who shown her integrity to return your valuable items that she found during daily cleaning services. We will certainly convey your commendation to her. Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We booked this hotel due to its location. About 5 minutes walk to Asoke BTS Station and Foodland supermarket, which makes it convenient to you to buy stuffs.

The booking process was smooth, after a series of emails. I managed a booking plus a guarantee of an extra bed. Check in was cool. Since we arrived early, the room was not ready yet for us. We had to leave our luggage and came back at 12 nn and our room was ok.

The room is a typical condo unit set-up. Upon entering you will see kitchen area going to a bathroom. and on the left part is the small living area converted to a room with the extra bed. And a partition where the double bed is. They happened to give us the corner room which gave us a very good view of the city, where you get to see the buildings, BTS station from our view which we liked very much.

The daily housekeeper made sure we went back to a very clean room after a day tour during our stay. The staff are friendly and will always facilitate your request. I even had our itinerary of travel printed for us at no extra charge. And even delivered the document in our room. That is a good service. :)

Breakfast and dinner. No problem. Coffee Alley it is just stone's throw away from Citadines 16.
Good food too. Serve typical breakfast menu. Ham/waffle/egg/bacon/sausage/sandwich and other menu being served.

Check out was efficient. The fastest check out process I encountered in my travel experiences. :)

We had a great stay with them. I can say that the 5days 4 nights stay with them was cool. Some glitches about the access cards given but the concern were addressed promptly.

I'll recommend this hotel to anybody who will visit in Bangkok. :)

Room Tip: choose 507 room. Cool window view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Dear Melanie R,

Greetings from Citadines Sukhumvit 16 Bangkok!

We wish to thank you for your recent patronage and the feedback through TripAdvisore.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our service standards met your expectations, Receiving such positive feedback from our residents certainly motivates us to further improve our commitment to delivering good service.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Very nice, clean and modern room with a sliding partition between living and bedroom area and a quite well equipped small kitchen. Comfortable bed. Friendly and helpful reception staff although not everyone had good knowledge of English. Fantastic location very close to the BTS and the MRT and a Foodland supermarket a few steps away. The only drawback in my room was the location of the clothes cupboard, which was in the middle of the window front, thereby considerably reducing the window size. For the next visit I would choose another room with a different layout.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't have the cupboard in the middle of the window front if you value a lot of natural light during daytime.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo