“Overestimated”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Overestimated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

My friend and I had treatments in a twin room.
The room was not clean and smelt a little weird.
We both had oil message therapy. They used flat mattresses without a whole so when we need to lie prone on the mattresses, we even cannot breathe.
Maybe the therapists are professional but they should have good equipments for guests.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank kathliao

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bergerac, France
183 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 421 helpful votes
“Those who know - go....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

A more upmarket, excellent massage organisation. Used by many expats and those who know Bangkok well... Absolutely nothing "smutty" or doubtful here..... Not the cheapest but one of the best..

4 Thank AJCG
Hanoi
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Increasingly expensive but the standard is high”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Not cheap for Bangkok, but they do have the best staff in the business. Quality of the practitioner is everything for a good Thai massage and they seem to vet their people well.

Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“don't go is too mild - forget it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

I was visiting the 2nd shop soi 24 th June 21st. I was frequent visitor to this shop for years.
Over the time the quality of massages have gone down even more so the rooms and decoration not to mention aircon which is either too cold or must be switched off. This was my last visit. The professionalism of the women who massaged me
was inexistent. The room was not clean and particularly the shower was filthy. I tried to communicate this to a receptionist (male, japanese) soooo sorrry.
I always regarded Japanese as sophisticated people. I am not sure if this is the policy of the house to keep westerners away by giving them dirty rooms and unqualified masseurs.

Visited June 2011
5 Thank buzytraveller2013
Bali, Indonesia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Very good massage with very little ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

I actually went to the Asia Herb Assoc. shop on Soi Thonglor, Sukhumvit. You should make bookings ahead of time as they are often full, even though it's a huge building. You fill out a questionaire asking if you want strong, gentle or medium massage, and which 2 areas you want the masseuse to concentrate on. I had my feet washed and was led into a concrete room with no windows and the ac was not turned on, but it was only a little stuffy. I changed clothes and waited 20 minutes while I guess my "herb ball" was heated up. My masseuse then came back and worked on me for the allottted time, and was exactly what I had expected in terms of massage. She was very competent, strong, and she obviously knew what she was doing. However, even though she did eventually turn on the AC, there was no music, or flowers, which is ok, but for a place that charges a premium it's nice to have the little extra touches. The herb ball felt good as it was really hot, but she placed it for miliseconds on my skin and I wasn't really aware that I received any benefits from this. Was it worth the extra cost? Probably not.

When I am in Thailand I get a massage every day and I have had many many massages. AHA is probably one of the better ones I have had, but it feels very institutional. I would say it's not as impersonal or factory-like as Healthland but similar. I will probably come here again but if this is the only massage you will have on your first trip to Bangkok it might be disappointing, since it is basically a good massage in a concrete box.

Visited March 2011