“Value for money, Good service”

Asia Herb Association - Sawatdee shop
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It's my second Thai massage experience during my travel at Thailand. Comparing to my first massage, Asia Herb do provides a better experience and service at a more reasonable price.

I reserved in advance by email and got reply promptly in addition to my extra questions, e.g. time and distance from National Stadium Station, duration for getting from their shop to Airport, place for storing my luggage.

The lady at registration counter was quite busy handling phone enquiry upon my arrival, yet she took good care of us afterwards, storing my luggage, explaining the menu to me in detail etc.

The Masseurs were quite professional. They used with different strength at different locations as we specified in the questionnaire we filled during registration. The herbal ball experience was not that bad as some people commented before. Warm temperature with soft rubbing skill all over my body, it gave a good end to the 2.5 hrs massage.

Nevertheless, there are some areas which could be improved. There are only a few English speaking staffs at the shop.

1.It would be quite difficult to communicate with others in case of any doubt or assistance. The shower facilities are not up to standard, water pressure is a bit low.
2.The design of massage rooms would be better if the shower facility is located within the same room. That's why I chose to stay in the room where the shower room located within to avoid embarrassment, yet there is a large partition right between my girl friend and me.
3. If there is pick-up service, it would surely attract more people to come as I found it difficult to locate their shops even with a Google Map.

Anyway, the whole experience is worthwhile. I would try other branches when visit Thailand next time.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I have been here many times. We are residing at the Emporium Suites on Sukhumvit and so this is just around the corner.

There are two places that I frequent for massages near our Hotel. One is called Phunnee Massage which is right at the Phrom Phrong BTS exit and the other is Asia Herb Association.

My husband prefers Asia Herb Association because he thinks the massages are better. The facility is nice and clean and we usually get the foot and head massage 60 minute, not the Thai body massage. The price is 400TB (approximately $12.60) which by US standards is cheap.

What to expect: First you pay for your treatment upfront at the desk (they do accept credit card), then they take you to a sitting room where you will wait for your therapist, they give you hot tea. Therapist will come and get you, wash your feet, take you to a communal room where there are several comfy lazy chairs with people getting massaged. You sit / lay down and let them massage you for 60 minutes. It's great!

Note about tipping: we have tipped 30 to 50 tb. It's really up to you. The therapist will wait for you at the end of the service and that's where you can hand them their tip.

It's safe, clean, and professional.

Tip: Several times we have come here without an appointment and they are almost always booked. Call in advance and book so that you don't make the trip for nothing. Otherwise, got to my other favorite place called Phunnee Massage, which is cheaper and more of a local's joint.

Enjoy!!!

1  Thank ringinthenewyear
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I have been going to Asia Herb for over 3 years, but will never give them our business again. Typically we were very happy with their service there. Unfortunately, my wife was groped by a male masseuse during her last time there. After filing a formal complaint, no action was taken, nor an apology given. Finally after several conversations that I initiated, I was informed that the man had been transfered to another location, but that was it. They have been dismissive of the situation and deplorable actions of their staff, thus putting future women at risk. I always thought Asia Herb to be a quality establishment, but they have proven otherwise. Do not support them and their unethical business.

9  Thank K1pedigree
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I came to their shop with my mother at Thonglor shop and we did the "APB" package (2.5 hrs) and plus 1 hr foot massage.

The lady bring us to the room and I told them we want to do the foot massage first, they did not clean our feet and just ask us to lie down on the bed and did the massage for us.
After that, they did not wash their hand after the foot message session end and did the body scrub for us!! Very dirty and unprofessional!

In the midway time, I went to toilet, the lady lead me to the toilet. When I finish, I cannot see the lady outside, I went back to the room and wait few minutes, she came back. I feel bad that she did not wait for me and don't know where she gone.

After scrub, we were arranged to difference room to take shower, the water was so weak. I feel very cold during the shower.

For the massage, the power of masseuses were weak and I understand she may feel tired after one day work, it's fine! But during the massage, the two masseuses talking to each other few times!

For the herb ball, the masseuse suddenly put the very hot herb ball to my sole of the foot, I feel scald and bounce!!! My sole of the foot was painful and hurt after that.

Finally, we put up with the poor massages.

I ask the front desk lady call a taxi for me and I want to go to the opposite street Mae Varee Fruits buy the famous mango sticky rice then came back,
the lady told me that they need to off work and ask me request the fruit shop call taxi for me!!

I have no choice and walk to Mae Varee Fruits shop with my mother, I was very bad luck, all the mango sticky rice was sold out. Since I did not purchase anything so I try to find a taxi by myself. I saw over 30 nos of mouse on the street and that time was 2 am.! Can anyone feel the helpless from us?

I feel extremely disappointed of their poor services and I will not recommend anyone to visit their shop.

6  Thank thailandfanscandy
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Drop by if you have an interest in herbs. If not, really give it a miss. There isn't really that much to see or buy there.

1  Thank JnY82