“Ordinary shop”

Asia Herb Association - Sawatdee shop
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

It is a common Thai massage shop. The shop have kind staffs and their massage skill is not bad. But the room was little bit cold and shower-room was not perfect.

2  Thank Yunibbong

Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went to Asia Herb Association by chance. My massage appointment at another spa near this one was cancelled as the crazy bad traffic meant I was late by 40 minutes! It was a good thing my original appointment was cancelled though! This spa hit all the right notes - from the compassionate staff to the soothing interior decor to the amazing, relaxing massage!

I got to Asia Herb frazzled and annoyed but the receptionists there were very helpful and welcoming. Their kind manner made me feel like I was in good hands and I decided to go for their 60min massage+30min herbal compress.

The masseuse really knew what she was doing and kneaded my stress knots away. I felt so much more relaxed and refreshed after the session. If I go back to Bangkok and am in need for a massage, this spa is the first place I'll head to.

1  Thank JumpingJune
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It's my second Thai massage experience during my travel at Thailand. Comparing to my first massage, Asia Herb do provides a better experience and service at a more reasonable price.

I reserved in advance by email and got reply promptly in addition to my extra questions, e.g. time and distance from National Stadium Station, duration for getting from their shop to Airport, place for storing my luggage.

The lady at registration counter was quite busy handling phone enquiry upon my arrival, yet she took good care of us afterwards, storing my luggage, explaining the menu to me in detail etc.

The Masseurs were quite professional. They used with different strength at different locations as we specified in the questionnaire we filled during registration. The herbal ball experience was not that bad as some people commented before. Warm temperature with soft rubbing skill all over my body, it gave a good end to the 2.5 hrs massage.

Nevertheless, there are some areas which could be improved. There are only a few English speaking staffs at the shop.

1.It would be quite difficult to communicate with others in case of any doubt or assistance. The shower facilities are not up to standard, water pressure is a bit low.
2.The design of massage rooms would be better if the shower facility is located within the same room. That's why I chose to stay in the room where the shower room located within to avoid embarrassment, yet there is a large partition right between my girl friend and me.
3. If there is pick-up service, it would surely attract more people to come as I found it difficult to locate their shops even with a Google Map.

Anyway, the whole experience is worthwhile. I would try other branches when visit Thailand next time.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I have been here many times. We are residing at the Emporium Suites on Sukhumvit and so this is just around the corner.

There are two places that I frequent for massages near our Hotel. One is called Phunnee Massage which is right at the Phrom Phrong BTS exit and the other is Asia Herb Association.

My husband prefers Asia Herb Association because he thinks the massages are better. The facility is nice and clean and we usually get the foot and head massage 60 minute, not the Thai body massage. The price is 400TB (approximately $12.60) which by US standards is cheap.

What to expect: First you pay for your treatment upfront at the desk (they do accept credit card), then they take you to a sitting room where you will wait for your therapist, they give you hot tea. Therapist will come and get you, wash your feet, take you to a communal room where there are several comfy lazy chairs with people getting massaged. You sit / lay down and let them massage you for 60 minutes. It's great!

Note about tipping: we have tipped 30 to 50 tb. It's really up to you. The therapist will wait for you at the end of the service and that's where you can hand them their tip.

It's safe, clean, and professional.

Tip: Several times we have come here without an appointment and they are almost always booked. Call in advance and book so that you don't make the trip for nothing. Otherwise, got to my other favorite place called Phunnee Massage, which is cheaper and more of a local's joint.

1  Thank ringinthenewyear
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 January 2013

My wife and I have been going to Asia Herb for over 3 years, but will never give them our business again. Typically we were very happy with their service there. Unfortunately, my wife was groped by a male masseuse during her last time there. After filing a formal complaint, no action was taken, nor an apology given. Finally after several conversations that I initiated, I was informed that the man had been transfered to another location, but that was it. They have been dismissive of the situation and deplorable actions of their staff, thus putting future women at risk. I always thought Asia Herb to be a quality establishment, but they have proven otherwise. Do not support them and their unethical business.

9  Thank K1pedigree