“Terrible”

Ranked #722 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Frome, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Agree with most of what the previous reviewer put, this place is a shambles & the staff don,t give a toss. Had a maid moan at me, when i asked for my room to be cleaned as it was 4pm & she wanted to go home, had same problem as previous reviewer when asking for a reciept for the accomadation, got a flat refusal as it had been booked through Agoda.
Breakfast, nothing left by 10pm & just got a shrug of the shoulders when asked if there was any bread about so i could make toast.
Rooms have an odour about them, the bed is hard & lumpy,& the shower is a dribble.
The only good thing about this hotel is the location.
I moved out after 3 days, should have done it sooner as there is plenty of choice nearby.
This place is a disgrace, & needs a good management shake up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank fatszone

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Indonesian first
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed 5 nights in November 2013 and the overall opinion is not good, for the same price you can get much better hotels in the same area ( On 8 For example) On my arrival the first room offered had defective plumbing as the Bath would not empty and to the hotels credit they did move me to another room although sadly it was after I had completely unpacked , breakfast is adequate but if arrive late say at 9.45 am ( breakfast finishes at 10 am ) there is normally very little left and the staff are reluctant to cook you anything fresh or refurnish any of the empty urns. I am also surprised that in this day and age the hotel charges for WIFI, when nearly every local bar offers it for free, some evenings i would have liked to stay at the bar and eat later in the evening but I was always forced to go out early so I could deal with my correspondence at the restaurant of my choice, but the final straw came at check out when I asked if I could have a simple receipt for the room charge, which was refused. I was told that as I had booked via Agoda only they could give me a receipt. They confirmed that they had received payment from Agoda but still refused even to give me a confirmation on headed notepaper that I paid the amount which was a real pain as I had to have some evidence of the payment made , customer service was nowhere to be seen, and no attempt to resolve the issue was put forward

Room Tip: Book at On 8 hotel, same price much better service and better breakfast
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank andycoldham
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 20 October 2012

A few recent positive reviews here made me interested in looking into this hotel. Another reason is its central location in Sukhumvit and closeness to BTS Nana. Reviews can be so deceptive! Booked 3 full-paid nights through Agoda, plan was to extend if liked. Couldn't wait to check out the moment I checked in! And the very first day booked another hotel for the remaining days of the trip! Need I say more!
Anyway to cut it short, its an under-stuffed, under-maintained small hotel in a central location. Very small rooms with old furnitures, rugs and linens. Tiny size of the swimming pool is pretty un-inviting to get into. Xerox-copied buffet breakfast of very limited choice. So called business centre did not have a working printer and I needed to go out to get my print outs!! It pays off manyfold if paid just double tariff in a better hotel; which I did in the rest of my trip.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank hasska
Island of Malta, Malta
Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed in this hotel back in November on my way to spend Christmas at home in New Zealand, accompanied by my wife and youngest daughter.We had stayed here four years previous but since then it has had an upgrade.It is a comfortable stay with clean rooms and flat screen TV and airconditioning. Very central only 10 minutes walk to the nearest Sky Train station,Nani.The staff were very friendly and tried to please and we arranged a pick up and drop off at the airport, so didn't have to do much thinking when we arrived early in the morning,feeling a bit sleepy.Breakfast buffet was adequate and they will cook eggs any way you want them and there was even Miso Soup and tofu and noodles available, showing that it is well frequented by the discerning Japanese traveler.There is also a swimming pool.Enjoyed it and we would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 December 2011

I had a stopover for four nights in Bangkok with my wife and youngest daughter on our way to New Zealand and booked into the Fortuna Hotel and enjoyed the visit.The staff were very friendly and the rooms were quite good, with ensuite,it's not 5 Star but comfortable, I even arranged that they pick us up at the airport and drop us off and they accomodated that request.It's quite central close to the Nana Sky Train Station.They have a swimming pool, the breakfast was reasonable as the cook would whip something up very quickly if you needed an omelette etc.They also catered for Japanese tourists as they served up miso soup every morning with fresh tofu, which I enjoyed. I would definetly stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor at the back,looking out on the pool, so it was quiet there.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
vadodara
Reviewed 20 March 2010

good hotel in good location.
nice to stay for few days.
not too far from city.
not too far from airport

• Stayed June 2007, travelled as a couple
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Stayed here for 6 nights. First impression of the room was that it was a little worn down. However the aircon worked great, the bathroom was a decent size and the bed was huge and comfy, and the bonus was 4 of the best pillows I have slept on in any hotel. Another gold star for the lack of noise heard from the other rooms or from outside, it made for nice uninteruppted sleep. Breakfast is good, not as good as some others but there is plenty of choice. The location is so central in Sukhumvit, within a 5 minute walk to Skytrain and there is an arcade that leads you through to Soi 3 to get taxis without the hassle of getting them on Sukhumvit Road. The pool is average and the water is always chilly due to lack of sun but I found that to be a good thing after a hot sweaty day. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends