“Great Location”
Review of Nanatai Suites

Nanatai Suites
Ranked #601 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I have stayed at this property many times most recently in November 2013 and on this occasion as I had my partner and my daughter and one of her friends with me I booked a 2 bedroom suite. There is no doubting that this hotel is in need of a bit of modernisation but that said I found the room clean and everything in it (air con, shower etc) all worked fine. The staff in the hotel are without exception helpful and friendly it was great to be greeted by a smiling porter when I first arrived with the words hello Mr Chris I hope you are staying a long time with us.
The hotel is right at the far end of Sukhumvit soi 4 and so is in a quiet location without the noise so often associated with Sukhumvit hotels and yet is still only a 10 minute walk to Nana BTS station and the main Sukhumvit road.
The pool is not the biggest but is adequate to swim in rather than just splash about and on most times I have been it has been very quiet, there is also a small pool bar where hot and cold drinks and meals can be ordered.
The restaurant serves good quality food at reasonable prices and is a nice informal place to eat and relax, I have many times popped in for a quick coffee and left over an hour later having been chatting with the staff about everything under the sun.
I will definately stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the old part as they are larger, it is worth getting a 2 bedroom suite rather...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed initially first night of our holiday in Thailand, then came back for the final 5 nights of our trip. all the staff were very friendly and helpful, our rooms were of a good size and comfy, although the air conditioning is very noisy couldn't sleep with it on, so woke up very warm next morning. The bar/restaurant was very pleasant, breakfast every morning was perfect lots of choice. We had a few meals and drinks in the evening also and the staff made us feel very welcome, great service. Our stay was enjoyed by us all. We would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

When I come to Bangkok, I always stay at this hotel, about 9 times now. It is good value for money, with friendly staff and good food. Yes some of the rooms are looking a bit tired, however they are refurbishing them gradually or if you prefer you can have a room in the new building. I would recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Mick B
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Guys i will not lie. I wouldnt waste my time writting a review if i didnt absoutly love this place. Great rools dvd player so me and the wife to watch movies. Love the restraunt. Very pretty. And love the bath tub. U have to walk all the way to the top. But no problem complenmentry tuk tuk rides. To top of street! Great hotel great service and very helpful. I v stayed here 8 times already. They honor discount. For comming
Back

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Gt G
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here for 5 days with my uncle. Its very dark and dingy.the swimming pool has loose tiles everywhere, a real danger, i cut myself. The rooms are old and tired, which i wouldnt have minded so much as we were only in the room to sleep...but bed time is TERRIBLE! BED BUGS, i was covered in bites everywhere. when i told reception the lady came up with a can of flyspray and said spray the bed and bring it back. They didnt even care. I fell ill after eating in the resturant too,dodgy seafood, i was vomiting within 5 hours! Go elsewhere if you want to enjoy Bangkok!

Room Tip: go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 21 April 2013

It is now 1000 baht for a standard room, one person, no breakfast. If you bring in a bar girl they charge you, I think 500 baht. The rooms are large and have a sofa or chairs, TV, fridge, 2 towels. Hand soap but no shampoo. Buffet breakfast is 190 baht extra. I stay there because it is quiet, away from the bars, and has a pool. This time I stayed 2 nights. The first night a few drunks came in late, yelling in the hall. I changed to another floor next day, the air conditioner did not cool at all, just a fan. The hot water faucet let in too much water, then turning it back would not shut off easily. The staff are very friendly tho. The buffet breakfast had fried eggs, scrambled eggs, coffee, tea bags and hot water, fruit, yogurt cups,tater tots, Thai food and rice (one day Penang chicken, next day Tom Yum Gung). Juices, toast, corn flakes. The food does not stay very warm. You can order an American breakfast for 110 baht if you are not so hungry. The dinners are very good, not expensive. They have a free tuk-tuk to Sukhumvit Rd, and moto taxis across the street. Two computers in the lobby, 60 baht for 90 minutes.

Room Tip: Before unpacking, check the AC and shower.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank bormanator
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here many times ,we love it! Prefer the new building but don't mind the old rooms( though some are better than others) beds changed every day and rooms cleaned. Staff are friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast good .Some great little bars/ restaurants across the road that serve local food which is a good place to sit and chill out. Or you could get the free tuktuk to the top of the road for the busier bars. Great value .

Room Tip: Look at more than one room before choosing!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple