“Good place”

Silom Avenue Inn
Ranked #721 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“Good place”
Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was good, close to some great and reasonable priced restaurants and they gave me a nice discount for a long term stay. I would recommend this hotel and would stay again.

Stayed December 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Korean first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

My friends and I booked this hotel for 2 nights whilst we were in Bangkok. The price was very reasonable (I should have heard alarm bells then!) And we booked it the day before arriving. On arrival it struck us how old and tired the place looked, but after a long day travelling on ferries, taxis and planes all we wanted was a hot shower and a change of clothes. We arrived at the room and after requesting no smoking our room had clearly had smokers in it as it stank of stale cigarette smoke. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the whole room was in need of a refurb. Then we got to the shower... The bath that you stood in for the shower was cracked,chipped and dirty-I showered in my flip flops because of this. The main thing though, there was no hot water. After drying myself on a towel that smelt like it needed a good wash, I went down to reception to complain-my friends and I had already decided by now that we didn't want to stay in this dark and dingy place.. The receptionist was on Facebook at the time and when I began to complain the other staff stood around laughing. She showed me another room which was as bad as the first and tried and failed to get any hot water from this tap either. I then said that we wanted to check out with a full refund which she told me wasn't possible-they could only give us half of the money back which is what we did in the end-anything to get out of that old,dingy, unfriendly hell-hole.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Spannerjack

Travellers are raving about these Bangkok hotels

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel i had in Thailand. We paid around 1500 bath for this place, and its to much for what you get.
Location in the alley is good and your in the middle of the vibe, but i viewed out on a slum and a parking place. The room is very dark and out dated. Shower and bathroom is oke. But the worst thing here is the staff....no thai smile here, they dond't even look at you, like you don't excist. The only smile you get here is from the housekeeping. We didn't feel welcome here!!! And did was recommended by the local tourist information...hmmm, i think the T.A.T. had on off day or something (mondaymorning call)
The room was nothing fancy TV, minibar and airco.rooms where clean and bed was a 5 out of 10.
I think you can get more value for your money in Bangkok. Next time i let silom avenue Inn passand look for another hotel, till never again!!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Gabyenjeroen
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Very average Hotel in Silom, for what you have, considering the service you have is very expensive, tiny room, supertiny bathroom, claustrophobic!
There are skanky girls sitting on the stairs that supposed to be staff of the SPA, they behaive like truckdriver.
There are better option in Bangkok Silom

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank dave19764
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Good Hotel's location, with affordable price, friendly staffs, room are clean, breakfast was very simple.

i stayed here with my business partner, we did checked the hotel, good price with amazing location, so we did immediately make the booking.

the wifi were amazing FREE OF CHARGE...very nice love staying here. thank you

robert

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert M
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I stay in this hotel since two years when ever i visit thailand it is the best place to stay it is quite place and evening is too good in there food court where you can see thai dances .and quality of thai food is excellent.you get good indian food opp to silom village and quality of food is quite good.and from airport to hotel taxi is just 350 bhats inc of toll charges and from here MBK mall is quite close.it is nice place for shoping taxi costs only 50 bhats.best place to stay with family.

Room Tip: Take deluxe rooms a/c is good
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have experienced some really bad service over the years, but this place takes the cake. It should be renamed, Fawlty Towers.

My arrival at the Inn was average, the bed was so hard it was like sleeping on the floor. The room stank of cigarette (I requested non-smoking as I have a health concern) and the shower had hair in the shower.

In the morning when I went to pull up the sheets on the bed, I noticed a large brown stain on the sheets. I have no idea what is was, but I know it didn't come from me.

After getting 2 hours sleep because the people in the next room partied all night, I went to explain my concerns to the one person who looked like he was interested, and within an instant, he became very nasty and rude.

I said I was going to check out, and then they trie to charge me a further 700bht for the taxi the pervious night, that I had paid in cash.

When I was ready to check out, the receptionist, dragged my bags out to the main street and threw them into a cab and slammed the door.

I understand this place was reasonably cheap, but there is no need for disgusting service.

Please if you read this, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo