“Great Hotel + Service in BKK Shopping district”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #40 of 852 Hotels in Bangkok
“Great Hotel + Service in BKK Shopping district”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

I was not given a complimentary room upgrade although I read in many reviews that Hotel does that occasionally. I am however happy with my Deluxe room as it was huge with nice decor, amazing bathroom except my room view was blocked by the fitted blind due to security as my room is facing the King's palace. I will ask for the opposite, clear view for my next stay with the hotel.

A sofa bed can be arranged and is complimentary for child sleeping with parents, and VIE provides a TUTU service to nearby shopping complexs. We wanted to book a day tour and realised the travel agency in Asia Hotel (opposite VIE) offers a cheaper tour package. The no. of paxs for joined-in tour is small, we traveled in a private van.

In short, I will not hesitate one to stay in VIE hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank CngAl
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
Hi there!
Hope all is well with you. Thank you for your comments. Just for your information, the tuk tuk services are free of charge! Thanks again and hope we will be able to provide you with a even better service in your next visit.
Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

We recently stayed here for the second time and it is our favourite hotel in Bangkok. It is in a great, central location close to the BTS sky train (just 2 mins walk away) which means that all of the sites are within easy reach. The service is always excellent and it is reasonably priced. HIghly recommended for visitors to Bangkok seeking a good quality hotel that is convenient.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank apw81
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Dear apw81,

Thank you very much for your comments. It is such a pleasure and honour to know that VIE is your favourite hotel in Bangkok.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

I was very satisfied with my swift check in, even I arrived very late. The bed, room and bath was superb and I love the Aigner toiletries. Conveniently located near MRT made it easy access to town. I will definitely come again if I am in Bangkok.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your comments and if I may, our hotel is located next to Ratchathewi BTS station.
Thank you again, for choosing us and trusting us with your return visits.

We look forward to serving you and providing an even better service in the near future.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I recently visited Bangkok with the missus and my 2 kids in tow. We stayed in a deluxe suite during the 4 nights we were in town and the room was spacious, with a king size bed and a separate living room big enough to fit in 2 sofa beds, although we only needed one extra bed for the older child. My two kids are football-mad and they often had a kick-about in the living room - the space is that generous!

The hotel has a great location - it's minutes away by foot to the Ratchathewi BTS station and the Siam Square-MBK area. The service is great and the breakfast spread is fantastic, though a tad expensive by Bangkok standards.

Having been a frequent visitor to the city since young, I've stayed at numerous hotels in Bangkok that rank across the spectrum of B&Bs to five-star hotels. This was my first stay at this relatively new boutique hotel (2 years old) and I was very happy with the experience - happy enough to make it my first choice the next time I travel to Bangkok, be it for business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

It's difficult for me to find the words showing the appreciation for your comments.
Thank you for choosing us and we hope that we can even exceeded the previous experience that you had with the VIE Hotel in your next visit.

Once again thank you and VIE look forward to welcoming you in the near future.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2011

VIE hotel has greatly exceeded our expectations and we really enjoyed our stay there! the room had a nice and chic design. bathroom was amazingly huge and awesome with separate areas for bathtubs and shower rooms. beds were comfortable and newspapers and bottled water were provided everyday. we also had a great view of the city from the 22nd floor. also, near to shopping malls. in other words, we paid the cost of a 3-star hotel for a 4-star stay!

however, room was rather dim even with all the lights on but i guess its for the ambience of the room. aircon would switch off by itself for the first 2 nights and i had to wake up to turn it back on but was rectified after that.

would definitely stay here again during my next trip!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 12 June 2011
Dear queenbee006,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Nonetheless VIE Hotel Bangkok is proud to announce that it was recently received the Five-Star Hotel Thailand Tourism Standard certificate for 2011-2013. Moreover we are now working on the air-conditioning problems and we assure you that it will be working perfectly on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back,
Sincerely