“Can't wait to stay again at the VIE Hotel”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #40 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Makati, Philippines
“Can't wait to stay again at the VIE Hotel”
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Wow! My wife and I have visited Bangkok (BKK) many times over the years and creatures of habit always stayed at the elgant Dhusit Thani Hotel which has been a BKK landmark hotel for many years. However, we wanted to try something new last December and booked ourselves at the VIE Hotel , a member of the MGallery Collection. Not only did we get a great price through Expedia but a fantastic room...more like a suite at the VIE. The rooms are very spacious, in fact the Deluxe Room King Bed had a large ante room complete with writing desk, bar, L-shaped sofa and its own large screen LCD TV. The bed room enormous, tastefully decorated with colorful Thai silk accents. The bed fit for a king with pillows, sheets and blankets allowing for a trully "Deep Sleep", a new concept at the VIE of which my wife and I turned into reality. The bathroom has the space and feel of a Spa. Touching on Spa, BKK must be the center of the universe when it come to authentic dreamscape Spa experience. One cannot count the number of Spas in BKK. However, the Spa at the VIE is to die for and worth every Baht is costs to take you to Spa Nervana. Food? Well folks no need to leave the hotel for that either. Everything is first class from the magnificent breakfast buffet on the top floor, through lunch and dinner. Service is superb as what you would expect of an upscale hotel and the best of Thai politness and hospitality. The VIE has the best location as it is only a few steps away from the Ratchatewi BTS Skytrain station. The Skytrain will wisk you to the high end shopping at the Siam Paragon or you can explore the cavernous and vast MBK Center the latter with over 3,000 shops i.e. give youself at least 2 full shopping days for this! Gosh!! What am doing writing all this?! I need to book a trip to BKK and suite at the Vie! catch yah later. Sawasdee!

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean and well appointed.
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Minimi04

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Utrecht
Reviewed 30 July 2011

This was our second stay, and the reason we came back were the nice atmosphere in the rooms and the high quality of the breakfast. The only minor was that, during our correspondence with the hotel, we got the reservation details of other guests, but this was readily corrected with a free upgrade.

The hotel is situated directy on the Sukhumvit Skytrain line and MBK center and other shopping malls are in walking distance. The disadvantage when taking taxis is that Phaya Thai road is very busy and frequently has traffic jams, so make sure to take time to get to your appointment.

The reception staff is not that fluent in their English, but we found them very helpful when we had some problems. Temperature in the breakfast restaurant might sometimes be around 15 degrees Celsius, so make sure to dress properly! The well equipped gym has the same temperature, but there it is not problem.

Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 3 August 2011
Hello DutchAlfred,

We always appreciate comments regarding a stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok. It was a pleasure to receive positive feedback from you and I will share your comments with our team. Rest assured that the temperature of VIE Wine & Grill will be modified appropriately.

Thank you again for trusting in us for your returned trip. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous ones.

Singapore
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I believe this is a new hotel in Bangkok. Check-in is fast with great service and welcome drink. The room is nicely done and spacious, with a big bathroom, sectioned with shower, toilet and bathtub. No complaint with the bed and condition of the room, which is quiet during my stay. The breakfast area is huge so it is not crowded, though it don't seem to have a wide selection of food to me. The hotel had high floors and the lifts are fast (some hotel had slow lifts that are always full). The location is great, beside the Ratchathewi BTS Skytrain station if u need to move about. It is also within walking distance to MBK, which I did comfortably in the evening sun. The thing is they charge for internet in the room, but u can get it free in the lobby area. As I stayed for only one night, didn't try other facilities. But with the price, it is definitely worth it compare to the more expensive one along the main shopping belt. It is also a good choice over the older one acroos the road. This is a hotel I will stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Hi there,

Thank you for your kind comments and i will share it with the team. I'm sure it will serve as an encouragement to improve our boutique service even further.
We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 July 2011

The Vie was rated quite positively in TripAdvisor so I decided to give it a try. The location isn't too bad as its not too far from most things, but its tucked away from most things. My major complaint was that I had a serious argument with the front desk as my rate said it had "Internet Access" provided but they insisted I had to pay extra for it. Arguing about US$10 is pointless, but I just felt like I was being cheated. So I raised an objection 3 times and each time I was just ignored or talked down to. That's just poor customer service and I felt they were actually trying to rip me off. As a result this really made a decent stay terrible. Only managed to resolve it when I "accidently" bumped into the resident manager and complained again for the 4th time. The staff then proceeded to just ignore me for the rest of my stay.

What a waste. This could have been a good hotel stay, but the traditional Thai level of service (very high) was completely lost here. Consequently, I won't be returning. There are so many good boutique places to try in BKK and I will be looking at those in future visits.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok. As our staff always strive to provide outstanding services, we were extremely concerned to hear that you were not satisfied with the service you received. We have investigated the matter and understand how the information on the website could have been misleading and we will adjust accordingly.

Thank you very much for your feedback, we are sincerely sorry and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Singapore
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Stayed in a deluxe twin bdrm for 4D3N. Overall service was good. Not strategically located as they r 1 bts stop frm Siam means u need to take d bts or walk 10 mins. They have 1 hotel tuk tuk but quality of service depends if u r giving tip to the driver. Driver is a hotel staff but he will hint strongly for tips even to the 4 designated areas (MBK/Siam Discovery/Siam Center/Central World) at the start of the journey. If he sense that u will not give tips, he will drop u off at a juntion and ask u to use d overhead bridge to reach your designated area. Im sure this is not the designated dropoff stop frm the hotel so just b aware! Cos of this un

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Whiteveil
Hello there,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised. Nonetheless if you would be so kind and give us more details regarding the matter by replying to our confirmation email, it would very much be appreciated.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our humble VIE Hotel Bangkok and better serve you in the future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The hotel with most consistently incompetent service.
It felt as if the hotel was opened for business for the first time with all staff on training every day - from taking 50 minutes to complete registration and being dragged around 4 rooms with invalid keys to ignoring requests completely over and over again. Staff hardly spoke any English (which does help if you run a 5* hotel), they said ‘yes’ to everything, and infuriatingly, did not do any of it. I had to order a taxi to the airport from a neighbouring hotel, because I didn’t want them screw up on the basics, again.
Very limited facilities: only one average quality restaurant, bar in the lobby reminded of a train station and shut before 11pm, rooms were furnished in a modern style with an abundance of gadgets, which on a practical side, are unnecessary and badly laid out.
The location is great if you are keen to do Western shopping in an air-conditioned mall, but for all other Bangkok experience prepare to take a 2-3 km journey in a taxi or on a sky train.
Very far from a 5 star experience, it will only pass on for a business traveller on a one night stop over.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank london652
MeedeeVIE, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your insightful feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised. From the speed/quality of service standard and tracking, travel path of the front desk section, English abilities of the front of the house team, as well as the opening time and layout of the facilities.

I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.