“An amazing hotel !”

Ranked #41 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Beijing, China
“An amazing hotel !”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

This hotel is located in the very shopping center area of Bangkok, so it is easy to shop around. When we checked in, we were told that the rooms are fully occupied and since we traveled with family we were luckly upgraded directedly to a Duplex Suite room. It is really a huge room with two bedrooms with Jaquizz on two floors,many Thai-fashion decorations. We are quite satisfied about it . The service and breakfast are both good. The only defective of this hotel is the taxi.Taxi via hotel concierge did not use meter. They charged very expensively than normal. Anyway, the hotel is good to stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sichon, Thailand
Reviewed 2 February 2012

I spend last weekend in this hotel for first time. I came quite late night, however, I informed the manager before. The reception took me the room and told me upgrade room for Accor member. The room was very spacious and clean. I enjoyed good view of Bangkok. The famous service of this hotel were food and wine. This hotel will be my next choice for easy access to BTS skytrain and good service mind.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ake_Sichon
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This hotel is probably the best "value" for my money of any hotel I've ever stayed in. It's convenient to both the BTS and Siam Square. The accommodations are truly top notch, and the staff is so willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay more enjoyable. The one downside that I had was that a good percentage of the real estate in the immediate surrounding area is run down, making for some interesting late night walks home. That is the only downside however. The combination of proximity to the BTS, accommodations, and helpful staff make this hotel top notch.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed At VIE for 3 nights FROM 16TH TILL 19TH JAN 2012,The suite was at the 24th floor,Breakfast was nice ,the location was great ,the BTS was around the corner MBK AND PARAGON shopping centers were 5 min walk away.The Hotel was very clean The staff were excellent,The dinner buffet was great value.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms has great view of Bangkok city skyline
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thailand
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I spent a night here. VIE is fairly new hotel in Bangkok. Location is great since it is just a few steps away from BTS (skytrain). I booked a Deluxe room which is nice and spacious. Wooden floor with Thai fusion furniture in the room. It really is a boutique hotel.

Unfortunately, the service was way under standard to say the least. First when I checked in, I was told to wait for a moment and my room would be room 2307. The lady at a front desk was on the phone and also tried to accommodate me at the same time. I can understand when they get busy but still......she ignored me and another guest who was standing next to me, then started to complain about a guest in Thai language. (I'm Thai btw) I think It's a little inappropriate to do this in front of other hotel guests. Then after sitting for 10-15 mins, the same lady at a front desk named Party.... told me I was switched to room no.1507 otherwise I will have to wait till 6PM as a earliest time to check in. It should be JUST FINE if she tried to explain politely or in good manners. But she simply said "opps I forgot to tell you one thing that you are gonna be in a lower floor" when she took me in an elevator on the way to my room. I was not happy with her service at all....and believe me it was the first time in my many hotel stays in many countries.

Beside that other staffs seemed to be okay with their services.

The good:
Pillow menus: I loved buckwheat pillows!
Awesome gym and cool swimming pool.
Trendy hotel
Big bathroom
Clean room thanks to good cleaning ladies!

The bad:
I can't believe one person can ruin my vacation!
small reception area
Extra fees for internet and breakfast

Room Tip: Internet and breakfast are NOT included in the regular rate. But 7-11 is nearby and BTS is almost a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JayTC
Travellers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
LiT BANGKOK Hotel
#54 of 858 in Bangkok
Mercure Bangkok Siam
Mercure Bangkok Siam
#102 of 858 in Bangkok

Been to VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel

Property: VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Address: 117/39-40 Phaya Thai Rd. | Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand (Formerly VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection)
Region: Thailand > Bangkok > Siam
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#28 Family Hotel in Bangkok
#29 Spa Hotel in Bangkok
#31 Romantic Hotel in Bangkok
#37 Luxury Hotel in Bangkok
#47 Business Hotel in Bangkok
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:5 star — VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel 5*
VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, is a luxury designed hotel with a superb location for both leisure and business. Right in the city center, it provides maximum convenience, with excellent conference and seminar facilities, and is perfect for a special weekend or family stays. The hotel is just steps away from the BTS Skytrain Ratchathewi station and within a ten minutes' walk to Bangkok's most renowned shopping malls in the Siam Area. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Travelbag, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bangkok Vie Hotel