“Great place, great hotel!”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #32 of 887 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We made our way by taxi to the hotel after contacting the hotel for a transfer, which they said they would do, but it was very expensive, the cheapest option was 1,500baht one way in a camry. We decided not to go this route and got something much much cheaper. We arrived at the hotel some 40 minutes later. The hotel is in the financial district in Ratchathewi, a place we didn't forget the name to when we went on the sky train! very much like ratatouille!

We checked in smoothly and when we arrived we were offered a nice refreshment in the shape of a champagne glass - although, you're served a juice not champagne!

The hotel is very nice and clean and the decor is very modern. I saw the images on the website and that is what attracted me to book this venue. I wasn't disappointed. I was more surprised, it exceeded my expectations. I have stayed at nice hotels before and this is definitely one of them.

We stayed in a deluxe room, the room was very spacious and the bathroom, complete with a separate shower, toilet and bath tub - was stunning. Lovely set up. Although, I don't know what the mirror behind the loo is all about!

The beds were nice and comfy and you can request complimentary items should you forget anything - like a razor etc. There is a list of complimentary items available in the room.

I think they turn down your room twice in one day, or that they come in the night and leave chocolates on your bed.

You get newspaper delivered to your door each morning. The have a mini bar in the room, I had to take some water from them one night and it's 100 baht. You might think this is reasonable for a hotel but the next night I went to the shops across the road so I could drink water in the night if I needed and it was only 17 baht!

You do get a bottle of free water a day though, but I'd already drunk the free bottle when I was gasping for a drink in the middle of the night.

The beds are comfortable and I had a good sleep there. The hotel is about 15-20 mins away from the Emerald Palace and the Reclining Buddha. 25- 30 mins from the Wat Arun.

Highly recommend you see the Standing Buddha too, although not as popular as the others I've mentioned above, but still an amazing sight!

Wifi is not included in the room for free, it is free in the bar/lobby area and the rooftop pool - but not everywhere up there. the best place is the sofas nearest the pool attendant. The sun lounges furthest away from the pool attendant and near the end of the building has little/no wifi reception.

The pool is an average size but was quiet when we visited. The pool also has a in-built jacuzzi in the corner. Bliss, swimming and catching the sun by the pool which so happens to be on a rooftop!

The trips here in Bangkok are much more expensive than Chiang Mai, probably because it is the capital and also they only offer private tours.

The staff are friendly, although they could be more helpful about transfers to the hotel from the airport and back, we had to do this without their help because the prices they charged were crazy expensive compared to what we actually paid! This put my travel companion off when asked if they would stay a VIE again, this and they didn't tell us about the tolls when we headed to the airport. But I would stay here again, the hotel is very nice and the price was great!

If you send postcards via the hotel the will add on a surcharge. The stamp is 15 baht but they add on 10baht for each stamp. I didn't get this in the hotel where I stayed at in Chiang Mai, it was just 15 baht per stamp. But this again, could be because it is in Bangkok. Apparently, there is a post office about 15 mins away from the hotel but I was pressed for time and leaving that afternoon so bought 15 baht stamps for 25 baht!

We didn't dine here, but I did have a club sandwich by the pool - reasonably priced and the food was good. They also have a gym, we didn't use it, but it had a variety of equipment and it is on the top floor like the rooftop pool.

They also have a spa - I checked it out and it look amazing but the prices were quite high. They do give you a 500 baht coupon for spa treatments, but that's not enough to get you anything, the cheapest treatment was 600 baht and that was for a pedicure.

The hotel is close to the Ratchathewi sky train stop.

if you cross the bridge to the other side you will find convenience shops. We didn't know how to get across the road before we saw the bridge and the traffic attendant out on the main road told us to "run" and pointed across the road, when we asked how to get across. We think he was joking! haha.

The hotel is very near to the siam centres - which is a mix of shops and restaurants.

You get free wifi access in the lobby area and the bar area. It is quite alright for you to just sit and surf. They don't tell you to move if you don't purchase a drink whilst you hang out by the lobby/bar area.

They have stunning decor by the main entrance. The set up is all very nice actually. While it might not be in the most exciting part of Bangkok, (it's in the financial district) this was fine for us as we were there to sight see - which is exactly what we did! Riding the tuk tuk here in Bangkok is a totally different experience too! a must!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 11 July 2012

Hello there,

We very much appreciate your thorough comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok. It is always a pleasure to receive and share the feedback.

Thank you for choosing us and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as and, if we dare, even better than the previous one.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I've been staying at the same boutique hotel everytime in Sukhumvit, Bangkok, but thought that to have a change this time and we've chosen VIE Hotel based on its' reviews on TripAdvisor.

We arrived after midnight, taxi driver not 100% sure where was the hotel but still easy to find since it is located at one of the main roads.

The check-in was fine, the staff explained everything clearly and we've got our non-smoking room. We got out from the elevator and the first thing we could smell was cigarette, they mixed the smoking and non-smoking rooms together? We also saw cigarette butts almost everyday at the corridor of our floor. I guess it was some inconsiderate stupid customers, but I guess the hotel have to monitor better.

Room was spacious, really big comfy bed (a bit hard, but it works for me). Nice down pillow (well, this time a bit too soft, I needed to ask for 2nd pillow...). The bathroom was nice, everything functioned well, nothing negative.

The thing that bugged me the most was the wooden window blinds (see picture), supposed to be a big nice window, but they put a thick wooden blinds to block the (not-so-nice) view? It was fixed, we could only peek out through tiny gaps, and they got some shady sticker on the glass as well (not sure how to call it, but it's the one that people usually use for adverts outside the bus/train windows, anyway...). Usually I don't care so much about the views at hotels. But I like bright rooms, our room at VIE was dark even during the sunny days. I really think the blinds isn't a smart idea... Not sure if other rooms have the wooden blinds or not.

The location was good, within 5 minutes to the nearest BTS train station. Within 10 mins walk to Siam shopping malls complex (I could sort of peek through the gaps and saw the malls from the window) and we also walked to Jim Thompson's House, easy.

Breakfast wasn't included and we didn't eat there. So, can't tell much about the food there. We also didn't use any other facilities as we went out most of the day.

Staff overall was friendly and helpful, although I've read some reviews about their poor service at the front desk, but we've got no complains at all. I recommand VIE Hotel for the ones who wanna stay somewhere close to Siam but also want a bit quiteness. It probably a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KA_LND
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I travel to BKK at least twice a year and I am extreme particular over Hotels that I stayed. VIE Hotel was my 4th day of stay in BKK during June. Before I check in to VIE Hotel, I stayed at PP Hotel, both 5*, needless to mention VIE Hotel customer service was tops. I was impressed the moment alighted from my transport, greeted by all staffs with warm smile. Check in was fast, less then 5mins.
The moment I step in my room, "Gosh! What a sublime room!". Spacious, cosy, separated toilet & Aigner toiletries. Bed was so comfortable, I fall into deep sleeps every night the moment lights off. Everything in the room was so clean and new. Simply fall in love with my room. Huge gym, great spa and my morning relaxing with coffee by VIE's awesome poolside.
Easy excess location, BTS is just a stone throw away from the hotel. VIE hotel offers free tuk tuk service to major shopping malls. Need not to border the distance and walking, thank to VIE's great service. Helpful concierge helped me to get a taxi towards where I am heading and translate to Thai. Check out was prompt. Have to mention again, excellent customer service.
My stay was superlative, will definitely stay with VIE hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for choosing and your trust in us and also for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from a satisfied guest. We look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Excellent customer service (reception, concierge and restaurant/lounge)
Rooms were very large with adequate storage and large bathroom and separate toilet.
Excellent breakfast buffet with good quality coffee. Restaurant also has buffet and great a la carte menu for dinner.
We enjoyed room service which was presented beautifully and the meal was superb.
Fantastic gym, very spacious with modern, clean equipment.
We had a problem with our room, which was immediately rectified by Manager.
Location is very good, with proximity to shopping malls (MBK etc) and other sights are within walking distance.
The hotel arranged airport transfers for us, which we highly recommend. The service was prompt, efficient and well worth the investment.
The free wi-fi in the hotel lobby bar/cafe was a great service.
All in all, a great quality hotel, in a good location with excellent customer service.

Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok. I will share your comments with our team. I am certain that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I have been to Bangkok for few times but when I stayed in VIE Hotel, I am not staying anywhere anymore.
At VIE Hotel, you must try to book 1 bedroom suite. The living room is spacious and the setting give you a relax atmosphere which makes you feel at home. I love the colour of the timber flooring and also the lighting. The toilet is huge and VIE toiletries are Using Aigner for the guests.

Breakfast buffet has a wide spread of varieties. Western style to Asian food. From the hotel to platinum shopping mall is about 20 minutes walk. The only troublesome thing is buying of mineral water. You need to walk across to the Asia hotel bridge to get to the 7-11.

Overall is a nice experience for family with children.

• Stayed: December 2011
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Team VIE strives to continuously improve the quality of our services and will be delighted to hear that their efforts have not gone unnoticed. Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Let me start by saying this is a very good hotel.

Pros:
The rooms are spacious.
The service is great.
If you are in Bangkok for shopping, then the major shopping centres are about a 10 minute walk (Siam Discovery, MBK, and if you walk further down Paragon, Erawan etc etc).
The gym is quite big (although the cardio equipment is getting a bit old), and they even have a jacuzzi and small (portable) sauna.

Cons:
Breakfast selection is a bit limited, and not that tasty. Unless you have the breakfast package, I would not bother getting the breakfast buffet as an add-on during your stay.
I found the bed a bit hard, and their standard pillows was not very comfortable to sleep on.

I would come back and stay here again - although I found the area to be a bit too quiet at night.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MacGrumpy
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of VIE Hotel Bangkok. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that our valued guests’ stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments as well as your concerns about the breakfast line and bedding.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

comfortable and spaces, excellence serivce and nice hotel staffs.
Swimming pool location was not very convenience.

Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even better than the previous one.