“Nice hotel, good location, good service”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #29 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 15 June 2014

- great location: next to BTS (a sky train), within walking distance to Paragon, one of the largest department store, and MBK
- Room with nice decor especially in the suites: there is also a coffee maker machine provided.
- all function you would need, ample space in a deluxe room
- quiet and clean
- nice restaurant on 11th floor: dont forget to try a snow fish!!!
- good function room on 12th floor with a good service and facilities.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
VIEHotelVVillas, Public Relations Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear P K,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of VIE Hotel Bangkok. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that one of our guest’s stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel has great service and a good breakfast. The facilities are excellent. The room was large with a very comfortable king size bed. It is also very close to a BTS station and the shopping areas of Siam square.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with MGallery Hotels

Dear JBlack14,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

My husband & I booked with VIE during Chinese New Year which falls early this year on their hotel website & fully paid.
But due to their country's political unrest, we decided to postpone our stay, the hotel allowed us to postpone before July. We postponed to June & we were unlucky that our reservations falls on their 10pm curfew. So we decided to cancel our trip.
And the hotel fully refund us.
Very satisfied with their- Quick emails replies & on handling of the situations.

But we decided to go ahead with plans after the military has announced 12am curfew. And re-booked our stay with Vie hotel.
The Excellent staff really took the trouble to look after their guest.
We arrived much ealier at 10.30am, the standard check in time at 2pm the management gave us complimentary early check-in. During the wait, we were given back massage, what else can I compliment them on!

The Room- was very clean and very, well, roomy.
The Beds- were very comfortable with great selection of pillows & noise from outside almost non-existent.
Aircorn- Control your own thermostat
Clean and big bathroom, with clean, soft towels.
Excellent Quality of Bathing water.
Provides 3 bottles of drinking water everyday.
Orchids, little packed snacks & a note are left on the pillow for the night before you tuck in.

The fitness center- was also a good size and a good amount of machines & options.

The breakfast- was amazingly great, wide variety of selection & very friendly waiters with great welcome smiles & serves that brightens up your "morning breakfast" even more, a great way to start your day!

A very good location- we took the Airport city link, BTS & hotel is just less than 5mins walk.
Going to malls are much more convenient, especially they provide hotel's Tuk Tuk to Siam Paragon, MBK, malls which are like 5mins on Tuk Tuk to either malls.
Going to Platinum mall by foot is slightly further, so we took Tuk Tuk outside, under Ratchathewi BTS bridge, as there is a small lane before Vie hotel shortcut to Platinum. We alighted at Shibuya mall and walk across the over head bridge to Platinum mall.

And opposite Vie hotel there are 7-11 convenient stalls.
And two massage centre, great after long day of shopping.
We went to the "pink signboard" massage centre.

I would give an excellent rating all around! Simply the best!
I cannot say enough about it... Great place, Great staffs!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VIEHotelVVillas, Public Relations Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear AndMag028,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My first stay at Vie Hotel and it was definitely living it up to reputation. Huge contemporary rooms and amazing gym, pool, location and breakfast. Only thing lack comparing to sister hotel Muse Bangkok was character and style. But it was a a truly a memorable stay, M Gallery hotels second best in Accor family thus far! :)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jonathan C,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Third stay with VIE Hotel. I promised I will be back and I did. This time I didn't get free upgrade. Nevertheless, I still enjoy good service. Everything were smooth from check in to check out. I noticed the only difference is the furnitures, as time pass by, it depreciated. This is not an issue to me. What impressed me most was the front liner staffs, they still remember me. Greeted me with a sunshine smile and politely ask my period of stay this time. I feel so warm, so homely. Not to miss out, without fail, the cookies surprise in my room after clean up room. I simply love it. Thank you VIE Hotel and I promise again, I'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear KHPT

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is located near the Skytrain making it easy to get around Bangkok. Make sure you have plenty of coins when using the train, it is easy to work out the price, you just have to know which station you are getting off at and that calculates the price (avoid peak hour if you are travelling with luggage). Our suite was large and very comfortable with a separate living area, the air conditioning worked well and the bathroom was large. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. We did not use the Infinity pool as the only time we got the opportunity it was a little crowded. If you are planning on a shopping trip then I highly recommend this hotel due to its location near many of the mega shopping malls. The only thing that was a little disappointing was the water pressure.

Room Tip: Go for a suite on a high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Holidays196,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok, a member of the MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from a satisfied guest.

Team VIE strives to continuously improve the quality of our services and will be delighted to hear that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok in the near future.

Quality Manager

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel rates well for location, large bed, coffee /tea in the room , good sized bathroom with Robes a spa- albeit overpriced and a nice infinity pool - however all that said the air conditioning in the room 2111 we stayed in was non existent we complained twice and the hotel did send someone to fix it, but it just blew warm air around the room. There is no way I could have stayed for more than 1 night at this hotel until the air conditioning is fixed which is a shame as they have got all other aspects of the hotel right .

Another grumble about Bangkok - we have been a few times before but I certainly wouldn't rush back every time we used a proper metered taxi they tried to scam us. At the airport we queued for a metered cab and then the driver tried to tell us 500 Bhart and we had to really argue to get him to turn the metre on and then we paid 280 Bhart, it was the same going out and back to the airport. It's not the same as it used to be and certainly not cheap in the shopping malls the prices are no different to the uk, with the curfew in place we had a far better time in Vietnam and didn't feel as if we were being scammed all the time like Bangkok - we are regular travellers so we felt able to argue with the taxi drivers but it put a downer on the trip

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear Ruth J,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent a future occurrence.

Manager