“The best stay I had in Bangkok”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #29 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've visited Bangkok several times and this is the best stay I ever had. First, like many others have mentioned, the location is prime. It is minutes away from Siam and has a BTS station right outside the hotel. They have a private Tuk Tuk at your service too, you can hop on a ride to the nearby CentralWorld, Siam Centre, Siam Paragon etc.

Beside the location, the staffs are amazing. They are very friendly, always with a smile and always there to be of service.

Rooms are spacious and well equipped. Good scenery if you are staying higher up and facing the CentralWorld direction. But if you are facing the Siam Discovery direction, you will find that you do not have any views as they are purposely blocked (believe it have to do with government building nearby).

Nevertheless, I enjoyed my stay there and I will definitely stay with them again when I visit Bangkok.

Room Tip: Request for rooms with window facing CentralWorld if you would like a view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank StephChin84
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear StephChin84,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok, a member of the MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from a satisfied guest.

Team VIE strives to continuously improve the quality of our services and will be delighted to hear that their efforts have not gone unnoticed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok in the near future and we'll surely assign your room with window facing CentralWorld.

Quality Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I spent 3 nights at the Vie Hotel on the last leg of my trip. Without doubt it was a luxurious hotel, and when they offered me a discount to upgrade to a deluxe suite, I seize the opportunity & was amazingly surprised by the décor, size & luxury of the room. The location is great as the sky train is only 5 mins walk away. I ended up using it for my trip to the airport which costs me $2aud! I also use the BTS to visit the Chaktuchak night market on the sat night which was only 5 stops away. The MBK is walking distance & Siam Paragon is only one stop away with the BTS. Breakfast is fantastic. I'll definitely be back again using my Advantage Plus membership to book. I also enjoyed using the gym & the great swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
VIEHotelVVillas, Public Relations Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear caritas26,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We always appreciate comments regarding a stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok, a member of the MGallery Collection. It was a pleasure to receive positive feedback from you and I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that your remarks will serve as encouragement to all our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

For its price, and situated opposite Asia hotel, its 2mins walking to BTS station. I used to stay at amari watergate but find traveling a hassle if I can't get a metered cab - VIE is a new hotel with huge rooms that I really like! Concierge was helpful and friendly too. The bathrooms are the size of the bedroom (i kid you not) so it's really a good deal if you will like to stay outside of busy pratunum. Very well recommended!

Room Tip: Request for high floors for a better view :)
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear StephanieGraceT,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations especially our Concierge team . We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My second stay here in a year. Key reasons why we rebooked this was

1. Location - from airport and from the main shopping belt (ie: Platinum mall, Siam Paragon, JJ Market).

2. Awesome service. Staff were immaculate and helped to plan a special event for us during our stay. Staff at restaurant was attentive and met all our needs.

3. Rooms. Big and bed was comfy. There was a pillow menu to choose from as well.

We will be back! :)

Room Tip: ask for a high floor for better views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear cowism,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of VIE Hotel Bangkok. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that one of our guest’s stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
VIEHotelVVillas, Public Relations Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Pros:
1- Location location location.
2- Sky train is literally around the corner.
3- Siam Centre is one stop only. Very convenient.
4- Concierge service is top notch.
5- Room is spacious and the bed is really comfy.
6- Awesome breakfast.
Cons (mainly related to the room design):
1- The bed legs is protruding a bit which makes it really hard to miss hitting your toes. Almost broke a couple of toes.
2- Slightly dark in the room I am not too sure if it is part of the design to add to the mystique of the room. The bathroom is brighter than the room!
3- The air-condition is too cold. Even when you adjust to 25 C. It is still freezing. I had to switch it off.

I would still be staying there next time. Loved the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with MGallery Hotels
VIEHotelVVillas, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Amr E,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always a pleasure to know that we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations.

I've found 2 points (1.) Slightly dark in the room - Yes, it's what the French designer wants to keep this tone (2.) The air-condition is too cold, I've informed our Chief Engineering to recheck the system and make sure of this matter every rooms.

By the way, we look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Quality Manager

Reviewed 20 June 2014

The hotel was a gem. Arriving from the BKK international airport, the hotel is very easy to get to via public transport (via the airport train link and then a quick transit with the skytrain to the Rachathewi station which is right in front of the hotel). Do note that there is no escalator or lift available for at the Rachathewi station, so public transport may not be a good idea if you have large suitcases and you are not able to carry it down the steps. However, if this does not bother you, it's a great way to save some money (taxi is quite cheap in Bangkok for international standard, so all things considered you may want to just catch a taxi).

We arrived at New Year's eve in December 2013. We were very kindly upgraded to a suite facing Siam Paragon. We were treated to the firework extravaganza at midnight. If you have ever had the opportunity to stay in this hotel at New Year's, try to get a room facing Siam Paragon. You will have one of the best vantage point ever (see my photos).

The room and living suite are befitting of a five-star hotel - perfectly crafted and comfortable. The wifi connection was slightly hit-and-miss - it was free but the connection was not very stable. I ended up relying on my own mobile broadband connection quite a lot.

The staff are very polite and courteous, and I felt cherished as a guest. Overall a very pleasant experience, it was money well spent and added positively to my stay in Bangkok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear youngyew,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future (Coming New Year).