VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
US$155
US$182
US$175
3,146 results
All reviewssiam paragondeluxe suiteratchathewi bts stationm gallerytuk tukpillow menuwelcome drinkhuge bathroomboutique hotelmajor shoppingliving roomfree upgradeexcellent hotelcentral worldrain showerconvenient locationupon check
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We stayed for 4 nites at Vie end of July. We booked 2 double beds and it was indicated in the booking form. However, when we arrived, we were given a room with 1 double bed which the staff tried to convince us to take by adding a portable bed. Of cos, we rejected. Swiftly they found another room with 2 single beds. As it was late, we accepted.

Once at the room, we discovered certain items missing eg bedroom slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste and hair dryer. However, the housekeeping staff was quick to bring the items to us after receiving our calls.

Thought we could start enjoying our stay after these minor hiccups. However, the next few days, we were plagued by a foul smell at the toilet, esp at the basin area. It refused to go away. And as we were too tired of constantly calling the housekeeping for our previous requests, we just bore with the foul smell throughout our stay.

The redeeming factor of Vie - it's location. It's a few mins walk from the train station and only 1 stop away from Siam Centre where all the retail therapy is.

Will I stay at this hotel again? Probably not even though the hotel staff has been competent. Don't think I want to spend another holiday plagued by foul smell when I needed a gd rest.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank anticipating
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2010

Dear Anticipating,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

To finish our Thailand trip we opted to stay at Vie for the last minute shopping, as the hotel is a short sky train ride away from Paragon Mall, MBK, etc. I got a great price for a one bedroom suite when Accor had it's big sale.
The suite consisted of a very large comfortable lounge, bedroom with a lovely seating area by the window. Large bathroom with double sinks, big shower, big bathtub and enough space for all of our luggage. The bed was comfortable, there was enough light for reading and turn down at night was appreciated.
We did not eat at the restaurant but did enjoy the Vie Bar. We ate there both nights as could not bother going out into the rainy nights of Bangkok. A band played one night and was quite entertaining. The bar is done up in reds and to get there you just walk 5 metres out the front door to the bar entrance. This is also the building that houses the pool. Some have complained that it is sooo far away, but really it is a very short walk. Just put on a cover up and go to the pool.
The spa was great. They worked very hard to accommodate our time frame and the treatments were very good.
We used the gym changing rooms to shower and freshen up before our departure as the hotel was at capacity and we could not get a late check out. No problem. But I did find the changing rooms a bit dark and not much in the way of toiletries.
The staff were very, very helpful. They held our bags for us after check out and when our booked transport did not show up they arranged for another taxi to get us to the airport. We needed a large taxi - lots of shopping and they were so good about keeping us updated concerning the taxi arrival due to heavy traffic. We made it to the airport with time to spare. This is not five star, but for the money great value and a fun hotel.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2010

Dear avb13,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 11 August 2010

Our time in Bangkok was not the best. There is only so many times you can get ripped off before your mood turns sour, but i won't bore you with the details of my personal gripes. I will instead tell you that the Vie Hotel was our saving grace. Our little slice of serenity away from the overwhelming bustle that is Bangkok (only my opinion). As soon as we entered the lobby, I had a feeling that this was going to be a very nice hotel to stay in, and it didn't fail to meet that expectation. We booked a suite, so as to have little extra space to lounge around in, which was a great decision, as the lounge area was a great place to lie down in comfort after being out in the heat all day. The bathroom was also very nice to use and to look at. Our house keeper was very good, although we never saw who it was, but they noticed i had a bottle of water next to the bed on the first night, so on the second night, there was a fresh bottle of water, and a glass for me to use, and some really nice chocolates aswell, nice touch. The only thing I didn't do which I definately should have, was book the breakfast buffet when I booked the room. We've been burnt by breakfast buffet's in the past, so we're reluctant to do so now. But after seeing and tasting the quality of the food they serve for dinner, whether a la carte or buffet (we had both), I'm sure the breakfast would have been outstanding. The fitness centre was suprising too. Well equipped for a hotel gym, with pretty much all the requirements to continue your fitness regime if you have one. If I ever find myself needing to go back to Bangkok, this is where I'll stay for sure.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2010

Dear Jr82essien,

Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed there twice - once for three days and again for two days. Enjoyed both stays and except for a minor thing at breakfast one morning everything was great. Got upgraded to a suite both times and they are very spacious. Being a new hotel it is simply suberb along with very quick room service. Definitely one of the best deals around!

Dear Matjams,

Reviewed 2 August 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, it was a great experience. The lobby is very stylish but welcoming, the staff extremely helpful and polite. The rooms are of a very high standard: huge marble bathroom with separate shower and tub, plush bathrobes, a very comfortable bed and free water too! The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've ever had: a big variety of fresh fruit, super fresh pastries, biscuits and cakes, as well as hot food as well. Not to mention the fresh juices. We also tried the gym (well equipped and modern) and the pool on the 3rd flood of the annexed building (a bit small but nice).
Overall a great experience and would definitely stay again or recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank InspirationLondon
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2010

Dear InspirationLondon