“Luxury Hotel”

Ranked #38 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Luxury Hotel”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed at the VIE for one night before flying back home in a deluxe suite which was pure luxury, probably one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed at! Rooms have everything you would expect from a high class hotel, very modern, and if you need anything else, the hotel staff will be happy to help you.

We never ate at the hotel but get the impression that it would have been very nice, they even gave us free drinks vouchers to use in the ground floor bar.

In terms of location, the surrounding area is not much to shout about but the BTS (overhead railway) is in front of the hotel which will allow you to explore most of the city with the Siam Shopping Centre only one stop away.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 26 September 2010
Dear Ned1983,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
Reviewed 16 September 2010

Stayed at Vie Hotel from 9th till 13th September. I made a booking for 2 rooms and was given an upgrade to a duplex upon arrival. While thankful for the upgrade, I subsequently found out from the staff that they had upgraded us as the hotel was running on full occupancy on the 9th and 10th September. This means that they made a business decision to sell our 2 rooms to others.

The duplex room was nicely decorated in contemporary Thai decor with good amount of space for a family of 3 adults and 2 toddlers. Bed was a little firm but that is quite normal for a hotel in Thailand. Bathroom comes with a jacuzzi bath tub and a separate rain shower.

Breakfast was reasonably priced at 300 baht due to its limited selection. Quality of the food was good. Had some Thai dishes for dinner on one night at the restaurant. The food was average and the portions were small.

Tried the 90 minutes "Balancing Massage" at Vie Spa. It was great.

When checking out, they gave me the cash back of 500 baht per night for only one room. They explained that due to the double upgrade to a duplex, it meant that we stayed only in 1 room instead of 2. Therefore, they did not honor the terms and conditions of the "Cash Back" promotion which is stated on my booking.

The front line staff during my check in could have highlighted the reduction in cash back and given me the option if i wanted to take up the upgrade.

I subsequently emailed Vie Hotel and had the same response. What a disappointing end to an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank joeltjh
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 22 September 2010
Dear Joeltjh,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the VIE
Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. I am sorry that your experience did
not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest
apologies.

At Mgallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every
customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured
that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and
prevent future occurrence.

Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices,
therefore a credit refund will be issued to your credit card account within
15 days.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will
give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

An absolute gem in bubbling BKK. Definately value for money. Booked via asia rooms and signed in for 3 days incl free upgrade to a suite... and what a suite that was!!! Have stayed in many hotels and consider myself as too critical, but yet, we loved this hotel. Great rooms, comfy beds, nice breakfast, fancy pool and close & far enough from the center. Will certainly go back and would recommend it to anyone visiting BKK. Can't think of anything negative. Staff is super and will do what is needed to help you. You're in Thailand so you shouldn't expect staff to speak english fluently, this is as good as it gets. If this bothers you, then stay home.

• Stayed September 2010
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 13 September 2010
Dear Bo-Boheme,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I have stayed at the VIE Hotel several times and each time is a pleasure. I genuinely look forward to arriving to the wonderful hospitality, the stylish well appointed rooms and the fantastic quality facilities.

First of all the impressive driveway up to the lobby invites you in with is European, cosmopolitan feel which continues as you step inside. Checkin is fast and efficient and you will also find free WiFi in the reception and bar area. Lifts up to rooms and other floors cannot be operated at any time of the day without your key card which ensures a feeling of security.

Once at your floor the beautiful deep coloured, ambient and fragrant hall walls lead to the room. The rooms themselves are large and spacious and standout from many other hotels I have stayed in with a typically different layout. Storage is aplenty with many draws and at least two dark wood closets. A large flatscreen TV showcases a great choice of international channels and a well stocked minibar takes centre place. Fine quality glassware and stationary are also provided and floor to ceiling windows flood the room with natural light - even if your room has the louvres. The decoration is elegant and unique and stands out and the wooden floors are beautiful.

The bed! Well, it is simply amazingly comfortable with huge oversized pillows and will ensure a good quality and restful sleep. The bathroom adjacent from the bed is huge and just wonderful with a custom deep soak bathtub, separate rain shower and large counter which good amenities. Additionally, room service is vast and high quality but most importantly, good value.

The hotel has a beautiful infinity type pool overlooking the city and BTS with excellent service and very comfortable loungers. The truly fantastic VIESpa is well worth a visit. Although expensive by Bangkok standards, it has stunning spa suites, excellent relaxation rooms, great service and offers magnificent treatments. The VIEFit gym is just across from the spa along with the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which overlooks the city. There is also a business centre and conference facilities. The well awarded restaurant serves up a superb buffet breakfast with great coffee and is good value.

Finally, the location could not be better, just minutes walk from MBK and Ratchadamri BTS.

I highly recommend VIE Hotel for an elegant, comfortable and relaxing stay with great hospitality.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 9 September 2010
Dear KochamCie,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2010

i checked in , and as the hotel overlooks theprincesses palace..my room had huge wooden lourves...which gave no view and cut the light by about 50%...i went down stairs and asked for another room. the staff baically sneered at me and said no way. as i walked away one of them laughed and pointed towards me , and made monkey noises....very, very poor service! the quality of the rooms was poor...my a/c was set at 17c but room temp could not get lower than about 25-26c! i also asked for a large bed...and was given 2 singles....again another sneer from staff as my request was not met. i believe this is a hotel for many aorline crew, and they were not happy with the hotel...and these guys spend a lot of time in hotels...so if they are complaining ...look for some where else. with 30 new hotels in bangkok this year....there is lots of competition.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank johnc510
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 6 September 2010
Dear Johnc510,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience at VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection.

Having checked the agreement between our hotel and your company, the room that you where assigned was according to the contract.

With regard to the service you received, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure the feedback will serve as encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I appreciate the fact that your took time to share your concerns. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

singapore
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We stayed for 4 nites at Vie end of July. We booked 2 double beds and it was indicated in the booking form. However, when we arrived, we were given a room with 1 double bed which the staff tried to convince us to take by adding a portable bed. Of cos, we rejected. Swiftly they found another room with 2 single beds. As it was late, we accepted.

Once at the room, we discovered certain items missing eg bedroom slippers, toothbrush, toothpaste and hair dryer. However, the housekeeping staff was quick to bring the items to us after receiving our calls.

Thought we could start enjoying our stay after these minor hiccups. However, the next few days, we were plagued by a foul smell at the toilet, esp at the basin area. It refused to go away. And as we were too tired of constantly calling the housekeeping for our previous requests, we just bore with the foul smell throughout our stay.

The redeeming factor of Vie - it's location. It's a few mins walk from the train station and only 1 stop away from Siam Centre where all the retail therapy is.

Will I stay at this hotel again? Probably not even though the hotel staff has been competent. Don't think I want to spend another holiday plagued by foul smell when I needed a gd rest.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank anticipating
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 19 August 2010
Dear Anticipating,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 August 2010

To finish our Thailand trip we opted to stay at Vie for the last minute shopping, as the hotel is a short sky train ride away from Paragon Mall, MBK, etc. I got a great price for a one bedroom suite when Accor had it's big sale.
The suite consisted of a very large comfortable lounge, bedroom with a lovely seating area by the window. Large bathroom with double sinks, big shower, big bathtub and enough space for all of our luggage. The bed was comfortable, there was enough light for reading and turn down at night was appreciated.
We did not eat at the restaurant but did enjoy the Vie Bar. We ate there both nights as could not bother going out into the rainy nights of Bangkok. A band played one night and was quite entertaining. The bar is done up in reds and to get there you just walk 5 metres out the front door to the bar entrance. This is also the building that houses the pool. Some have complained that it is sooo far away, but really it is a very short walk. Just put on a cover up and go to the pool.
The spa was great. They worked very hard to accommodate our time frame and the treatments were very good.
We used the gym changing rooms to shower and freshen up before our departure as the hotel was at capacity and we could not get a late check out. No problem. But I did find the changing rooms a bit dark and not much in the way of toiletries.
The staff were very, very helpful. They held our bags for us after check out and when our booked transport did not show up they arranged for another taxi to get us to the airport. We needed a large taxi - lots of shopping and they were so good about keeping us updated concerning the taxi arrival due to heavy traffic. We made it to the airport with time to spare. This is not five star, but for the money great value and a fun hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 23 August 2010
Dear avb13,