“Trendy, Chic and Beautiful Hotel, Fantastic Rooms, Wonderful staff”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #29 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 27 September 2010

have stayed in over 40 hotels in Bangkok over the past 15 years - I rate this in my top 3 and will be going back!

I stayed here for 4 nights and wished it was longer. As my taxi came from Pratunam down Ratchathewi road I saw the Hotel. The first surprise was how can such a quiet oasis can exist so close to such busy areas in Bangkok - But its true. The second was how unique and stylish yet functional and cohesive the lobby and rooms looked!

Location
The Hotel is set back from the road and even though only minutes from a BTS station, and a stones throw from some of Bangkok's busiest shopping spots - it is a quiet relaxed oasis where you can step back from bangkok.

There are several bars and restaurants within walking distance - just come out of the door and turn right - a hundred yards up the street is a restaurant/night market dining area.

Door staff organise taxis anytime you want - and there is the BTS a hundred yards from the hotel

The Rooms,
I stayed in a one bedroom suite - In One word - Perfect. Good business facilities, large sitting room and bedroom. Large bathroom with seperate cubicles for shower and toilet, and also a large tub, good washroom area, good toiletries.

Large Flat Screen TV in both bedroom and living room, good business desk/dining table area, great seating area! Fully set up for business and leisure.

The bed was very very comfortable - as was the linen and pillows - Very good sleep experience

The staff
The staff were wonderful. From organising late in the evening room cleaning after I had been working in the room all day - to organising dinner reservations, a quick check out and anything else that was asked of them.

They were sincere, helpful and very professional!

I would heartily recommend this hotel for any stay - be it business, leisure or romance.

I have stayed in over 40 hotels in Bangkok - I rate this in my top 3 and will be going back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin_One_Man_Show
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2010

Dear Kevin_One_Man_Show,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

We stayed in Vie hotel on Sep.18-22, the location is excellent ,BTS station is right near by . We took airport link from the airport to Phaya Thai station then transit to BTS then to the hotel,easy and quick. The room is big ,modern,but we did experience some problem with the air-con twice during our stay,the air-con just turned to be like "heater" at night.The manager Mr. Jarunput was a little bit slow to deal with this problem, otherwise the stay can be a prefect one.I can't make any more complaint with the price for what I paid for, it is worth to stay and Vie hotel is a nice hotel in bangkok city.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank skydude1970
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2010

Dear skydude1970

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

At MGallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 22 September 2010

We stayed at the VIE for one night before flying back home in a deluxe suite which was pure luxury, probably one of the nicest hotels i have ever stayed at! Rooms have everything you would expect from a high class hotel, very modern, and if you need anything else, the hotel staff will be happy to help you.

We never ate at the hotel but get the impression that it would have been very nice, they even gave us free drinks vouchers to use in the ground floor bar.

In terms of location, the surrounding area is not much to shout about but the BTS (overhead railway) is in front of the hotel which will allow you to explore most of the city with the Siam Shopping Centre only one stop away.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2010

Dear Ned1983,

Reviewed 16 September 2010

Stayed at Vie Hotel from 9th till 13th September. I made a booking for 2 rooms and was given an upgrade to a duplex upon arrival. While thankful for the upgrade, I subsequently found out from the staff that they had upgraded us as the hotel was running on full occupancy on the 9th and 10th September. This means that they made a business decision to sell our 2 rooms to others.

The duplex room was nicely decorated in contemporary Thai decor with good amount of space for a family of 3 adults and 2 toddlers. Bed was a little firm but that is quite normal for a hotel in Thailand. Bathroom comes with a jacuzzi bath tub and a separate rain shower.

Breakfast was reasonably priced at 300 baht due to its limited selection. Quality of the food was good. Had some Thai dishes for dinner on one night at the restaurant. The food was average and the portions were small.

Tried the 90 minutes "Balancing Massage" at Vie Spa. It was great.

When checking out, they gave me the cash back of 500 baht per night for only one room. They explained that due to the double upgrade to a duplex, it meant that we stayed only in 1 room instead of 2. Therefore, they did not honor the terms and conditions of the "Cash Back" promotion which is stated on my booking.

The front line staff during my check in could have highlighted the reduction in cash back and given me the option if i wanted to take up the upgrade.

I subsequently emailed Vie Hotel and had the same response. What a disappointing end to an otherwise good stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank joeltjh
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2010

Dear Joeltjh,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the VIE
Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. I am sorry that your experience did
not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest
apologies.

At Mgallery, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every
customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Rest assured
that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and
prevent future occurrence.

Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices,
therefore a credit refund will be issued to your credit card account within
15 days.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will
give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

An absolute gem in bubbling BKK. Definately value for money. Booked via asia rooms and signed in for 3 days incl free upgrade to a suite... and what a suite that was!!! Have stayed in many hotels and consider myself as too critical, but yet, we loved this hotel. Great rooms, comfy beds, nice breakfast, fancy pool and close & far enough from the center. Will certainly go back and would recommend it to anyone visiting BKK. Can't think of anything negative. Staff is super and will do what is needed to help you. You're in Thailand so you shouldn't expect staff to speak english fluently, this is as good as it gets. If this bothers you, then stay home.

• Stayed: September 2010
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2010

Dear Bo-Boheme,

Reviewed 6 September 2010

I have stayed at the VIE Hotel several times and each time is a pleasure. I genuinely look forward to arriving to the wonderful hospitality, the stylish well appointed rooms and the fantastic quality facilities.

First of all the impressive driveway up to the lobby invites you in with is European, cosmopolitan feel which continues as you step inside. Checkin is fast and efficient and you will also find free WiFi in the reception and bar area. Lifts up to rooms and other floors cannot be operated at any time of the day without your key card which ensures a feeling of security.

Once at your floor the beautiful deep coloured, ambient and fragrant hall walls lead to the room. The rooms themselves are large and spacious and standout from many other hotels I have stayed in with a typically different layout. Storage is aplenty with many draws and at least two dark wood closets. A large flatscreen TV showcases a great choice of international channels and a well stocked minibar takes centre place. Fine quality glassware and stationary are also provided and floor to ceiling windows flood the room with natural light - even if your room has the louvres. The decoration is elegant and unique and stands out and the wooden floors are beautiful.

The bed! Well, it is simply amazingly comfortable with huge oversized pillows and will ensure a good quality and restful sleep. The bathroom adjacent from the bed is huge and just wonderful with a custom deep soak bathtub, separate rain shower and large counter which good amenities. Additionally, room service is vast and high quality but most importantly, good value.

The hotel has a beautiful infinity type pool overlooking the city and BTS with excellent service and very comfortable loungers. The truly fantastic VIESpa is well worth a visit. Although expensive by Bangkok standards, it has stunning spa suites, excellent relaxation rooms, great service and offers magnificent treatments. The VIEFit gym is just across from the spa along with the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which overlooks the city. There is also a business centre and conference facilities. The well awarded restaurant serves up a superb buffet breakfast with great coffee and is good value.

Finally, the location could not be better, just minutes walk from MBK and Ratchadamri BTS.

I highly recommend VIE Hotel for an elegant, comfortable and relaxing stay with great hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2010

Dear KochamCie,

Reviewed 26 August 2010

i checked in , and as the hotel overlooks theprincesses palace..my room had huge wooden lourves...which gave no view and cut the light by about 50%...i went down stairs and asked for another room. the staff baically sneered at me and said no way. as i walked away one of them laughed and pointed towards me , and made monkey noises....very, very poor service! the quality of the rooms was poor...my a/c was set at 17c but room temp could not get lower than about 25-26c! i also asked for a large bed...and was given 2 singles....again another sneer from staff as my request was not met. i believe this is a hotel for many aorline crew, and they were not happy with the hotel...and these guys spend a lot of time in hotels...so if they are complaining ...look for some where else. with 30 new hotels in bangkok this year....there is lots of competition.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank johnc510
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2010

Dear Johnc510,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your experience at VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection.

Having checked the agreement between our hotel and your company, the room that you where assigned was according to the contract.

With regard to the service you received, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure the feedback will serve as encouragement to our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

I appreciate the fact that your took time to share your concerns. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.