“Good, but not as good as before”

VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #36 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good, but not as good as before”
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Stayed here during the first week after they opened and loved it. It was still ok this time, but not 5*. I made a request for a quiet high floor room away from the lift lobby, as I am a light sleeper. None of the requests were considered, not even when I mentioned them again upon checkin. I was even told by the checkin staff "not to expect an upgrade like the last time"; which I got 2 years ago, becuase it was the opening week, but this time I booked the deluxe suite directly; and it took me a lot of convincing unitl i got what I paid for. The checkin front desk guy was not very helpful.
I guess if guests room requests are not considered, return pax are not really appreciated.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Dear MichaelofArabia,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at VIE Hotel Bangkok. I am sorry to hear that your experience failed to meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that every effort is being made to address the issues raised.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

Quality Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 November 2010

I've stayed at Vie Hotel twice now, and both times have been wonderful. Both times I've stayed in the Deluxe Room which is huge. Loved having the big living space and separate big bedroom. Really lovely modern furnishings, and great gym too. It's a bigger than your usual hotel gym too and very well equipped! Close to Siam Paragon for shopping too, 5 mins to walk or one stop away by BTS.

Had a few problems with some of the staff for an confusion with my booking, but this was quickly resolved by the manager.

I will definitely stay here again when I return to Bangkok!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 6 December 2010
Dear Candyvongpraseuth,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of VIE Hotel Bangkok. Our dedicated team is always delighted to hear that our valued guests’ stay with us has been a memorable one. I will pass on your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to VIE Hotel Bangkok in the future.

antwerp
Reviewed 18 November 2010

What a beautiful hotel! Very modern sleek design. Helpfull & friendly staff. We stayed in a deluxe suite, which was huge! Very comfortable bed. Nice bath + rain shower. Located next to BTS station, which makes travelling around Bangkok very easy.
Easy walk to SIAM ( gucci, prada + mainstream brands) & MBK (for souvenirs, knock offs etc... at reasonable prizes) shopping malls. A 50 Baht tuk tuk ride to Platinum Mall (go there if you want to buy tshirts, cute clothes etc... at whole sale prizes, it's huge! Next to it there's an IT Mall).
Fantastic buffet style breakfast, with fresh espresso & eggs to order. We had a wonderful massage at the SPA, it was amazing! One night we had room service & the food was delicious at reasonable prices. There's a roof top swimming pool, which can be reached by passing the lobby to another building next door. Free wifi at the lobby + bussiness area on 12th floor. Very nice GYM, with lots of machines.
Allround its very stylish & next time I'm going to Bangkok, I will be staying again at the VIE hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 23 November 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

Greetings from VIE Hotel Bangkok!

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the VIE Hotel Bangkok - MGallery Collection. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 November 2010

We received an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite upon arrival and were impressed with the state and layout of the accommodation. Facilities were plentiful though free internet access was only available in the lobby and other public areas. Otherwise it cost around 320 baht for a 24 hour cycle of internet access.

The hotel is very close to the Skytrain service and links you to major shopping complexes (further is only about a ten minute walk from the station).

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 15 November 2010
Dear Sir or Madam,

Mornington Peninsula
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This was my first stay here at the Vie Hotel and it was absolutely amazing, we had 3 rooms booked and where all upgraded to deluxe suites, beautiful decor, traditional thai style with a modern influence. MBK, Siam Paragon plus many more shopping centres located just 200 metres up the street, easy walking distance. Monorail also directly infront made for easy access to Chatuchak market, which is also a must do. Will definitley stay at the Vie Hotel again, infact l cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
QSM_VIEBKK, Manager at VIE Hotel Bangkok, MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this review, 11 November 2010
Dear ocean_addited,