Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I thought the prices were excellent for what you get. This felt more like a hotel than a guest house/hostel, though I did stay in a "Backpacker" double room which had a fan (no air con) and shower/toilet with hot water. This cost us $20 (so $10 each per night). The location is great for catching a sky train or a boat which takes you to the old town, temples etc. Also only a walking distance to the China Town. The room was clean and the staff were very friendly. They offer a brilliantf ree advice service for tourists and we got loads of advice on where to go, what to do, how to avoid toursit traps and were given maps and brouchures. We also were able to buy tickets to the Bang Kok Ladyboy show much cheaper than what they cost on the door.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed here on our last night of travelling before flying home, it was friendly, comfortable and the room was cool with a good bathroom for a very good price (around £3) so it really is a good place to stay! Very near the river and also the sky bars which we went to on our last night. They have a restaurant with nice food and also dorms if you want to make your stay even cheaper!

Date of stay: September 2012
2  Thank Julia S
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I stayed a couple of times in the NRGH in Bangkok and I had a great time there. Probably one of the cheapest places in BKK and I have to say, for that price you should be lucky. Clean Rooms, good wifi, friendly staff, a great Travel Service Centre and a decent Restaurant. Basically I dont have any negative things to say about this place, although the restaurant is a bit pricy... but on the otherhand, the food is really good. No, in general: great place for backpackers! If I would go back to Bangkok, I know for sure that I will stay there again.

Room tip: I stayed both in the AC and Fan room. AC rooms are a bit more expensive, but i have to say, both rooms were fine. So if you are on a budget, pick the fandorms.
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Bartdgbelgium
Reviewed 6 July 2012

Whoever said they spent more getting here than on the room was obviously ripped off by the taxi. It's 3 minutes walk from Silom, near China Town, can't fault location. It is what it is. If you want shared dorms, or cheap budget rooms. I will continue to stay here when I visit Bkk. My backpacking days are gone, but this caters for both backpackers aswell as those wanting a good quality room in a good location. It makes sense to spend your money seeing Bangkok, rather than wasting your money sleeping on it!!! I also had a incident where mywallet was pickpocketed from me... THe hotel loaned me 5000bht which enabled me to see my friend in Krabi, and return a few days later....You can't expect that anywhere else.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank iangeegan
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Traveller,
thank you for the positive feedback, which has been shared with our great staff.
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look foward to host you anytime you may hit Bangkok again.
On behalf of Visit Beyond and staff at New Road Guest House,
Berit Bonde

Reviewed 4 May 2012

We booked this for 1 night at the end of our trip in Thailand. We spent more money getting to the hostel in a taxi then what we paid for the room itself. It is not in a very good location for the tourist attractions.

We booked a private twin and it was ok for the price. The room looked like a prison cell - all that was in it was a bunk bed, a bin and a fan, there was no window. It was very basic. In the corridor was the toilets, a shower and 1 sink - there needed to be more than one sink.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
BeritBonde, Manager at New Road Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Travelers,

thank you very much for your review - it is of great value to us and keeps us on our toes to constantly improve and meet our guests' expectations.

In this regards we are glad that you found the room ok for the price. We try to cater for all budgets and though the room you stayed in lack in amenities, it is a great option when traveling on a shoestring, but still wants a bit of privacy
In this regards we are aware of the issue with there only being one sink, however since it is an old building it constrains us to install extras. Hence, we are sorry, but currently the best we can do is to refer to bathroom options at the other floors should the sink be occupied.

In regards to location we tend to find it an asset being conveniently located to the bustling Chinatown and close to more local and unexplored parts of Bangkok. Further, when Bangkok suffers from traffic congestion (which unfortunately often happens regardless of location) the guest house enjoys a great location with only 10-15 mins walk to the sky train (fast track to shopping areas etc.) and the river boats just around the corner (fast track to the old part of Bangkok incl. temples etc.)
We are however aware that taxi drivers sometimes may have a hard time identifying the exact location and hence have prepared the following guide:

By Taxi: Chraroen Krung between soi 34 and 36 (very close to the post office). Show them this:
*อยู่ตรงสี่แยกเจริญกรุงกับสุรวงศ์
*ระหว่างชอยเจริญกรุง 34 กับ 36

By BTS Skytrain: From the Saphan Taksin stop, walk down to Charoen Krung Road and turn left. Continue until you pass soi 36 and you will see the sign for New Road Guest House on your left.
*เดีน 10 นาทีจาก BTS สะพานตากสิน
เดินไปทางถนนเจริญกรุงแล้วเลี้ยวซ้าย ผ่านห้าง Robinson
เดินเลื่อยๆแล้วก็จะเจอ Soi 36 ให้สังเกตป้าย 'New Road Guest House'

By River Boat: Pier number 1 (Oriental Hotel). Walk down soi 40 until you reach Charoen Krung Road; turn left and continue to the New Road Guest House sign on your left (between Soi 36 and 34).

Overall, thanks again for taking your time to review our property. We hope the above will aid in future pathfinding efforts and hope you enjoyed your stay in Thailand. Should you pass by Bangkok again, we would be happy to welcome you back.

On behalf of Visit Beyond and the staff at New Road Guest House,