“Good fresh food, not cheap”

Gallery Cafe Thai Restaurant
Ranked #622 of 11,463 Restaurants in Bangkok
Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: Silom
Neighbourhood: Silom
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Hoping to have a inexpensive meal and managed to still spend the amount I would in the states in a cafe. No alcohol, one appetizer, pad thai, and a roti with curry chicken for food. One water and one chocolate shake. Portions are small considering the cost. 31 bucks total. The atmosphere was calm and modern. Our waiter was gracious and friendly. We might come back but will likely stick to the food stalls. It is one thing when you are here for a week or two another if you are hoping to spread your cash over a few months.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have yet to eat here but I find it impossible that the Reviewer who states this Cafe was
BEHUIND the Sheraton Orchid hotel.....
As that would be IN THE RIVER!! lol

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

I really liked this small and stylish cafe. And food was just amazing. Definately ticked all the boxes for me.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The evening was rather late, so my colleague and I were the only customers left, despite the fact that it was Friday night. Or perhaps the evenings are not that busy in general, as this is a rather quiet street? Irrespective, we enjoyed an excellent meal with good food and relatively reasonably priced wine, sitting outside on the terrace.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We ate dinner, late, at a place calling itself the Gallery Cafe, at the right address, on the right street (Charoen Krung 30), just behind the Sheraton Orchid -- largely based on the recommendations here.

As nearly as I can tell, we ate at a "fake" Gallery across the road from the place photographed by the Google truck. I would not call it cute, since we ate in the outdoor alley facing the motorbike and taxi traffic. I would not call the food good; my wife had a beef Massaman curry that was nearly inedible. (Though I will say that we found most beef in SE Asia to be of poor quality.) Service was slow as well. The place was not deserted -- other diners.

Just for the record, or whatever, I have created a file from two Google truck photos from 2011, the one on the left is clearly the Gallery Cafe on the South side of the street, and the one on the right is the location at which we ate, identified as the Gallery, but on the North side. (Photo aspect ratio distorted by editing.)

3  Thank NotAccidental