“Wonderful capstone to my 30th birthday trip!”
Review of Ariyasomvilla

Ariyasomvilla
Ranked #3 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Absolutely loved it. I stayed with two girlfriends in #208 (Executive Suite) and we literally squealed when we saw the room. Enormous, great views of the grounds. Stunning decor and beautiful antique/traditional furniture. It was like travelling back in time, very decadent.

There was a lovely welcome note on the table along with a delicious complimentary fruit plate, and we were welcomed with a delicious purple tea with a slice of lime - really refreshing as it was hot and humid.

We found the walk to the train really fun, perhaps not the closest but I was surprised to see the few poor reviews mentioned this as an issue! I'm sure it was under 10 minutes away.

The pool was delightful, I spent most of a day floating around in the water, great temperature and really beautiful surrounds - a wonderful mosaic feature as well which looked really spectacular in the evenings when surrounded by tea lights. There was plenty of shade if you wanted it on the sun lounges, as well as plenty in the direct sun. The spa was open air and my friend had a wonderful massage there, one of the best of our two week trip.

Breakfast is served for AGES - I think I took mine first thing in the morning at 6am, but they were still serving at 11.30am. The menu is vegetarian, so there is fake bacon etc - not my favourite but I wouldn't have been able to fit it in anyway between my eggs benedict, toast etc.

The owner, David, is very involved - I spoke with him at my early breakfast, and also at a late dinner that same night. He was very charming and interested in how things were going on our stay. We had no trouble with the English proficiency of the reception or restaurant staff, very helpful and sweet.

Speaking of dinner, the chocolate tart for dessert was amazing. The cocktails were delicious, and the dining room is just beautiful.

We had a fabulous stay at this hotel, and I plan to return when I stopover in March next year.

One tip, taxi/tuk-tuk drivers seemed to get a bit confused with the address. Make sure you have it written down to show them, and direct them to keep going almost all the way to the end of the street. We were also recommended to tell the driver it's near Bumrungrad Hospital (on the same street) as this apparently helps!

Room Tip: Suite #208 is well worth the expense!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 23 October 2011

AriyasomVilla is a fantastic place to stay in Bangkok. Our room was beautiful and had everything we needed. The hotel grounds are lovely - with a nice swimming pool to have a dip in after a hot and humid day sightseeing in Bangkok. We didn't eat in the restaurant however we did have breakfast everyday which was delicious. Staff were great and were always helpful with any questions we had. Would recommend to anyone visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2011

This is a great place to stay in Bangkok. David Lees the owner personally is there to oversee and ensure the Guest is happy.I loved it! The food was great, the service was great, the massage was great, close to BTS transport system.Will defintely go back next time in Bangkok.

Room Tip: I was in a great room, super large but the bedroom was upstairs and it was a little hot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Celebrate2Day
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Thank you David for a wonderful stay at the Ariyasomvillas, what an amazing place - 5 star in everything from the rooms, the pool, the location, the breakfasts and the wonderful meals in your beautiful restaurant. Thank you thank you thank you for taking such good care of us - we had the most wonderful time at your beautiful villa. I hope to bring my mother and my sister back next year.

Jodie and Adam Bowden
June 2011

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Don’t let the location at the end of the narrow soy(street) put you off staying at this fantastic boutique style hotel. The staff and the owner were extremely knowledgable and accommodating welcoming us with sound advice about Bangkok and surrounds. The hotel pool and surrounds were relaxing after a busy day’s sightseeing.
The room was furnished with traditional teak furniture and we were able to access the room quite early in the morning after an overnight flight. Overall a great stay and will definitely return if he happened to be stopping over in Bangkok again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2011

This is a beautiful stop in the midst of a city. The gardens are beautiful.
David your host is very helpful and friendly. His front desk ladies are fantastic. Everything that we asked of them they were so helpful.
The restaurant is very good with a lovely swimming pool and free internet. Our room was huge and stunning.
This is a 10 minute walk to the skyrail which is easily done.

Room Tip: Can be noisy if you are next to the canal boats but this is a beautiful tropical haven in the midst...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

If you wish or dream to be treated asa relevant visitor an small city just in the crowdy Bangkok, while mantainig the top quality of services as expected in that wonderfull city, Ariyasomvilla is the place to be. We are a copule who have been last september in Thailand and in the way in and out we stopped by both times (in total seven nights) at this very unique place. Everything is superb, room, food, people at the hotel,
I have been travelling to different countries, cities, etc since the 70's of last century and this is a place that I can easely reccomend, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple