Ariyasomvilla
Paragon Inn(Bangkok)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$25
1,605 results
All reviewsariyasom villadavid leesboutique hotelbusy bangkokbumrungrad hospitalbustling citysmall hotelcrazy cityrooms are beautifulour honeymoonlovely pooltraditional thaithai massagestudio roomthe riversky train stationlong flight
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2009

Small family run hotel on Soi 1 in Sukhumvit area. David et Al run a peaceful and organic home with meditation classes, massages and poolside fresh juices. Lovely smiling thai staff in the organic restaurant politely tend to the weary traveller.

We were wating for our visa to India and spent six days chilling at Ariyasomvilla. David lent us books to read as we discussed varied topics from science to spirituality. We were able to practice yoga in the poolside shala in the mornings, waking up to eclectic Bangkok and its immersive sounds.

Amenities are all close and this beats a chain hotel any day of the year. Friendly, loving and warm. Highly reccommended. If in Bangkok we will return for sure...

NB tell the taxi driver it is right at the end of Soi 1.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The stunning, boutique hotel located few hundred meters from the exit of Express Highway, connecting Airport and the city centre. The surrounding is for sure not interesting. Typical busy small street, with couple of very average restaurants and bars. The four-storey object is squeezed among higher buildings around, but thanks pretty garden, with small swimming pool, creates the enclave of calm and silence.
We had the standard room on the third floor, with a balcony and big palms in front of us. The room was comfortable, decorated with the Thai art and with all necessary facilities.
Absolutely, the hit is the bathroom, originally arranged with some carvings and stone ornaments. There is no buffet breakfast, but with ordering from the menu, what takes too much time. The staff was polite, but too slow and sometimes irritating.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank laserkid
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights en route to Koh Samet. Some of the larger smart 'chain' hotels by the river were doing special deals and we could have stayed in one of those. But I chose to book at Ariyasomvilla purely due to the reviews on TA. I thought that I may find somewhere with a bit more personality and authenticity here. Well, we had no regrets.
Armed with the map printed out from the website, I knew where we were going though the taxi driver was not so sure... "yes, keep going" .... the hotel is right at the end of a small busy sidestreet off a very main busy road. It's also on the right side of Bangkok for the airport - just off the Expressway - plus very handy for the Eastern Bus Station, which we needed for the bus to Koh Samet.
As soon as you drive through the gates, the charm of the place draws you in and you know you have made the right choice.
Part of the hotel is an older, renovated Thai family house, part of it is new build. Both parts blend in really well with each other. The furniture and furnishings are beautiful. One of those places that you think "I wonder if I'd have as good ideas and taste as this if I had to decorate this place?"
The owner David and his staff are really welcoming and helpful. We had 2 young children with us and he sorted us out with beds etc at a good rate. Beautiful room, great bathroom, shower, bath .. really comfy beds. We all loved the pool too. We ate in the restaurant once and regretted not doing so again as it was such a beautiful setting and great food. Lovely to have breakfast in the open air in a courtyard with greenery surrounding you, a waterfall in the background, in a busy part of Bangkok ... but in peace!
Location-wise, it was easy to get anywhere. We did not go to any as we ran out of time but I believe there are a lot of really nice shops around that area (off the main Sukhumvit Road).
One last thing - we somehow managed to leave a pair of linen trousers in the bathroom, which I called about the next day and they were located and kept for me. PLUS we left an iPod in the hotel safe, which we did not call about until weeks later ... Just on the off-chance that they had it. They did and both items were posted to me in Singapore straight away. Fantastic! Can't beat customer service like that! We definitely hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2009

An oasis in the heart of Bangkok; easy for the skytrain and taxis and for Sukhumvit and located just behind the Khlong Saen Saeb where you can catch the ferries at soi 3; no traffic sound but the rather comforting sound of the boats swishing past beyond the wall in the daytime as you sit in the garden listening to the birds chirping, surrounded by beautiful trees and plants, by the lovely pool. Arriving from the autumn in rural France it was entrancing. A small hotel but our room had a balcony overlooking the garden and was very elegant and spacious and easily accomodated the extra bed for our 15 year old son; the bathroom was tasteful and original with pebbles and floor intermingled; new to us, so all the more pleasurable. In fact the layout of the hotel is spacious and uncramped without losing the personality of a family house.

We ate regularly on the terrace and all enjoyed the food; you could eat cheaper outside the hotel and at least as well, I'm sure, but could you do so next to a pool and water trickling over a rock wall and birds singing in the trees in Bangkok with only a few people around and vegetarian if you wanted it? I don't think so. We happily paid extra for this privilege. and the food is good.

Service was kind and helpful without being oily, and though sometimes language was a problem it was always resolved with charm and a smile. If it was possible, the staff would do it, but it was not machine like. This is perhaps a hotel more for individual travellers rather than groups but as I haven't seen all the rooms I may be wrong. Perhaps they would have some problems if a table of twenty was to be served for dinner but again, I may be wrong there. We didn't eat actually in the restaurant but on the terrace and the staff were perfectly happy about that even though it meant considerably more work for them.

If I was to own and run a hotel this would be the kind of hotel I would like to have. Not too impersonal and big, in a good location, kind staff and with a nice garden and rooms. There is also a sort of pavilion for spa and massage etc, but we didn't experience this but it looked nice. For country bumpkins the location in the centre of a vibrant city is even more wonderful and exciting. We loved going out of the hotel on foot down the soi with all the workers snacking and shopping and along the smelly old Khlong with the kids larking about and people smiling and busy at the same time. And if you need a hospital there's Bumrungrad right on your doorstep. And there's a school across the Khlong and you can hear the kids in class and the head teacher's announcements from time to time. It's all busy and lively and quiet at the same time.

We'd go back to Ariyasomvilla any day. I'm sure there are other nice hotels in Bangkok but we felt at home here.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I just spent 7 days over 3 periods within 2 weeks at Ariyasomvilla. First time we arrived we were greeted with the warmest welcome from the staff and from the Managing Director Mr David Lees. They made us feel at home right away and we had no doubt that if we were going back to Bangkok this would be the place to stay. After 2 days we went to Hua Hin, we didn’t like it enough to stay longer and decided to go back to Bangkok. We called the hotel and even though we knew they were fully booked, Mr Lees made sure to accommodate us for that one night before we went to Chiang Mai. The same thing happened again when we decided to go back from Northern Thailand. Once again he made sure we had a roof over our heads and every time we showed up, it felt like coming home. We were always greeted with big smiles and a genuine interest in our well being from all of the employees.

Even though this is a small family owned hotel, it is big in so many ways. The hotel has a lot of charm and heart. It is a beautiful original traditional Thai style villa, built around the original 1942 residence. The rooms ( I stayed in a few ) are all spacious, beautifully decorated with old teak wood furniture and very clean. All rooms have wi-fi access, complimentary water and every day you receive the daily news paper. The breakfast is great with a wonderful selection of pretty much anything, and if you want something off the menu it never seemed to be a problem. The restaurant Na Aroon serves superb vegetarian and seafood dishes for lunch and dinner.
At the hotel you will also find a spacious library with computer access and of course they also have a top professional Spa.

This is absolutely a green oasis in the middle of Bangkok. This is truly a place you can retreat to after a busy day on the streets of Bangkok. To be able to sit in a quiet green tropical garden surrounded by palm trees, a beautiful pool, a wonderful building and friendly staff, knowing that you’re just a stone throw away from Sukhumvit, sky train and all the traffic just takes your breath away.

I will definitely recommend Ariyasomvilla to others. And I have no doubt that I will come back as well

• Stayed: October 2009