“A Paradise in the middle of Bangkok”
Review of Ariyasomvilla

Ariyasomvilla
Ranked #3 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Copenhagen, Denmark
“A Paradise in the middle of Bangkok”
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Staying at Ariyasomvilla is like being looked after by good friends. Nothing is too much trouble. In the past we have always been staying at bigger hotels in the area, which are good and predictable, but without any charm. We were then lucky to find Ariyasomvilla and it is still an amazing experience to walk from the hectic and buzzing Sukhumvit into a peaceful tranquility. It´s almost as living in Jim Thompsons House! Our flight home is always after midnight so it´s very nice to have the possibility to store the luggage and to have a swim and a shower before we leave for the airport. And we really like the Nana area with lots of shops and restaurants and the skytrain close to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jesperogkarin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Durham, California
Reviewed 24 June 2010

The Ariyasomvilla was welcoming, comfortable, elegant and like an oasis; our room was spacious and well furnished, comfortable bed with large bathroom; the pool and spa were beautiful with outdoor dining available. My daughter and I stayed at this hotel near Bumrungrad International Hospital, after she was discharged, recovering from Dengue Fever. The staff was attentive and went out of their way to make our stay pleasant. They called the hospital for me, and even accompanied me over to the hospital to get my daughter's discharge papers. We will stay at Ariyasomvilla anytime we travel to Bangkok because of their superb service and caring, and because of the beautiful grounds. It was a great place to stay while my daughter was recuperating.

• Stayed June 2010
Brisbane
Reviewed 10 June 2010

We got on the this secret hideaway from the company that arranged our dentist appointments here in Bangkok, Global Health Travel. Wow what a place tucked away down a dead end street, only 24 rooms, very private and quite but in the middle of bangkok. I am not into vegetairan, but the food was great better than the bigger hotels, you could order off the menu for your breakfast..yum... the food also organic. Rooms were serviced everyday spacious and clean big bath ....If we had known that this villa was so quiet and private and close to the town we would have stayed here for the 10 days but we had booked phuket for 6 nights. We will be back to stay here again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2010

I always stay in Ariyasomvilla whenever I go to Bangkok because it is such a quiet little oasis amidst the bustle and noise of the city. It is a relief to get back there at then end of the day. The beautiful garden, tranquil pool and gorgeously furnished rooms are a joy and a delight and I love the spa, the vegetarian food, and the staff. It also has a perfect location near shops, restaurants, sky train and easy access to airport.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clovellybeach
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 12 May 2010

Beautiful boutique hotel in the heart of Bangkok, excellently situated for the sky train and canal boats. The gardens and pool area offer a unique tranquil space in this busy city. The rooms are full of character well appointed with beautiful teak floors and art work. The service is personal and nothing is too much trouble. Like all boutique hotels it is wonderfully different from the faceless corporate chain. The owner made himself known to us on our first evening there and took a personal interest in making our stay so enjoyable. He was able to advise us on all the local amenities and attractions. We felt very safe and comfortable all the time of our stay. We will go back again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jmgwarbie
Dorset UK
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Beautiful rooms and facilities in a tranquil setting. Excellent food and service from friendly staff. Well located for river boats and Skytrain. Go there!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Originally I did not have a choice when I stayed here, but when I go back to Bangkok this is where I will book.

In February 2010 I travelled to Bangkok for a medical procedure through Global Health Travel. They use the Ariysom for their clients recovery accommodation. My experience there was wonderful.

The staff went out of their way to ensure that I was ok, and when I was became ill (I pushed myself too quickly to do things) one of the staff helped me back to my room and the assistant manager checked in on me to ensure that I was ok.

Everyone one I dealt with there was friendly and eager to help with any query, they spoke English (some better than others), the food was beautiful with healthy choices for those who were health concious, the rooms were spacious and cool, which after spending hours in the heat and bustle of the city, were a haven to come back to.

The perfect location for the hospital and follow up consultations, close to a major road but no horrible traffic noise, and within easy distance of the shopping malls and markets. I have recommended this hotel to friends who were travelling to Thailand, and will continue to do so.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo