“second time here - still very impressed”

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
Ranked #108 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Jakarta, Indonesia
“second time here - still very impressed”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I booked through ebookers and the rate was still around 35 GBP including a very good buffet breakfast which I think is excellent value - I was all the more impressed having just arrived from Yangon where a similar standard room would probably cost three times the rate here.

Rooms are very comfortable, well equipped and clean. Very efficient staff who were happy to let me have a late check out until 2pm.

The location is pretty good - it's down at the 'quiet' end of Silom but only a 15 - 20 minute walk to the main action (bars/shopping/market). They operate an hourly shuttle. Taxi drivers don't seem very familiar with the place for some reason; both times I stayed here the taxi driver tried to drop me off at the Sofitel (now Pullman) along the street.

Only small criticisms: food and drink within the hotel seems a little pricy and there's no free wifi.
Overall though a very good place to stay - I'd definitely stay here next time in BKK and no hesitation in recommending this place.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Andrew M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stayed one hight at this hotel as a stopover. Being an Accor member was the main reason I chose this hotel as I like the Novotel brand and quality, and also for its location as it was close to many attractions. As we were only there for one night we wanted to be close to restaurants and the market. The hotel seems quite Modern/new and lobby and entrance area was very nice with a little bar downstairs. We were allocated a superior king room. Check in was smooth and fast. Staff very friendly & helpful. Upon entering the room we were rapt with what we saw. The room was huge with large entrance, plenty of clothes storage, spacious bathroom with huge open shower, king bed and a wonderful big window with a stunning view overlooking the night lights of bangkok. We got a great price on the room through expedia (around $60 with breakfast) so we were very impressed! We got room service for food and some ice and they were very prompt & courteous. Food was of good quality and tasty. Room had a big plasma tv and was very clean with good bed linen. Room was very quiet at night even though it is near the expressway. The hotel is located close to Patpong market and many restaurants/bars nearby. Or you can easily get a taxi. I think you have to pay for wifi but we just used the free computers in the lobby. Breakfast buffet included in the rate was fantastic...such a huge array of dishes and variety. They even had a pancake machine! We went to the hotel Lebua Sky rooftop bar and that was worth a visit. We also walked to Patpong night market...about 15mins walk. We loved this hotel and next time we are in Bangkok we will definately return. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: The superior rooms are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Upon arrival at the Novotel, the front desk recognized my Platinum status with Club Accor and upgraded me one category to the next available level room. I was also given a welcome amenity and a drink coupon for a Mocktail at their bar. The room was okay, although it didn't seem as fresh as some of the other hotels on my trip. The air conditioning also didn't work very well to cool the room and I eventually asked for an extra key card to leave in the power slot so the air conditioning could stay on while I was out since the alternative had me coming back to a room that felt like a sauna. The minibar was also not stocked and only contained water that was complimentary. The hotel runs a tuk-tuk service from the hotel to the end of the street where the skytrain is, but it doesn't run at night and thus makes using this service for dinner reservations not very useful. There is a massage and spa on the ground floor but the prices are ridiculous and you are better off walking a ways down the street where there is an abundance of good and professional spas.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 October 2012

Fast efficient hotel. My Gold membership got me an instant room upgrade and the room was superb. The breakfast was very tasty and fresh. The happy hour at the bar lasts for several hours and makes a beer more like a real price. Internet is expensive 400 baht a day so I used packet data on my phone. No meter taxis all want cash only but since I live in Phuket it is still a bargain. Good hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ralph M
Pattaya
Reviewed 6 October 2012

The hotel was chosen to stay due to 2 circumstances: 1. 5 mins from Russian embassy which I had to visit next morning 2. I am Accor Advantage plus member. Over all my stay was very pleasant - management gave us joint rooms on the 19th floor, later on I was delighted with the late check-out and complimentary soft drinks on the 7th floor, not to mention service with a smile at the front desk while checking in. A bit disappointed is they didn't ask me for the member card while ordering the in-room service lunch, and later on when check-out I was told I have to show up the card every time I order food to have my discounts. To be fair they never asked me to show up the membership card which I find to be wrong.
As for the hotel itself, I liked it. Rooms are clean and nice, in-room service is fast, many TV channels, coffee machine, complimentary fruits and drinks, taxi service fast on fair prices - these all is very good.
I will definitely stay there more, just keeping in mind the card. Need to check pool and sauna one day :)

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family