“It was okay.”

Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom
Ranked #72 of 896 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 29 May 2013

It is your average 4 stars hotel with the lack of bathtub in the shower. Sleep was convenient, the bed and linen were alright. I found it quite lack in aminities as they dont provide sandals and toothbrush. I requested a toothbrush to the room service in the end and give her tip about 60baht (I dont know the custom here or the appropriate amount).
The breakfast has many varieties to my liking.
I took a tuktuk for looking around and the driver totally have no idea where the hotel was (even with the address shown). I wonder it's because the driver or the hotel is not strategic/ well known.
The area around the hotel is clean and you can find the "red light" district around 2km from here.

2  Thank maria_fidelia
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Maria,

We very much appreciate your candid feedback and of course constructive remarks. To enlighten you further our bathroom amenities can vary according to your assigned room type, however should they be a specific item you require we do our utmost best to accomodate.

Otherwise we are encouraged to see the breakfast selection appeased to your preferences and that the location was within easy reach of your points of intrest.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

On behalf of the General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,120)

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I just had one night stop over in Bangkok and I was a beat worried about the location that in fact is so convenient. From the airport by the tollway it toke me about 30 minute only and I had the feeling that the road exist right in the middle of the lobby as I never experience short trip without traffic jam like that in Bangkok. same the next day to move in the city for my business or to get back to the Airport.
The hotel was what I expected from a Novotel with great value and price . In had room service and it was just great . Mr golf front office was very help and my reservation was ready without mistake.
I'll be back

Room Tip: I am French and it is walking distance from the French Embassy very conveinent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Thierry D

Dear Thierry,

We are truly delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location best situated to facilitate your business needs & requirements.

Most encouraging however is that our services and in particular the personal attention of Mr Golf at the front office enriched your experience even further. I will certainly be sure to convey your appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

First things first - staff at the front desk very rude. Checkin process very tedious. Although I paid online a month prior they kept a deposit of 5000 baht per room. Really it is ridiculous, being a budget hotel obviously the traveler is on a budget. After paying advance money if I still have to block my card how will I survive my stay. The frontdesk is unable to give us rooms togeather....they were all scattered on the smoking floor which was a last option available. The smoking floor felt like walking and breathing in cloud of smoke. Never ever experienced a smoking floor like this. Wifi password didint work, when checked with the front desk they started accusing us of swapping our rooms internally and hence the login didnt work. After a very rude conversation they realised it was thier fault. Room very small and ok. Bathroom clean but was stinking. Over all I enjoy staying in accor hotels but this one has been our worst experience. Will have to think again while staying with the brand novotel again.

1  Thank commando2828

Dear Commando,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok.

Firstly I would like to apologize for the ill mannered services rendered, This is certainly not a level of service commonly associated with our hotel. Rest assured we have taken your remarks seriously and will address the department concerned,

Furthermore regarding your room deposit this is indeed a common practice extended to all our patrons, whom are requested to outlay 1000baht accumulative of your number of nights stay, simply as a protection act.
I will also be sure to address the conditions of the smoking floor which incidentally became too uncomforting to cross the hallways, along with the condtion of the bathroom.

In conclusion taking all the negatives into account, we certainly hope to have an opportunity to better serve you, and redeem your faith in our Novotel upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Please dont hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance H7172-FB@accor.com.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Was suppose to stay at this hotel for 2 nights but left after 1 night to move to a different hotel because it was so horrible. The room was dirty, the air conditioning wasn't working, and our non smoking room stunk of smoke. The worst part of our experience was how rude the staff were. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel and I would never stay at this hotel again

NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear nuee80,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok!

Firstly on behalf of the entire management team I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the negative experience to which you endured at our property. This is certainly not the level of service expected of ourselves and in particular a Novotel branded establishment.

I would greatly appreciate if you may find the time to drop me an email at H7172-FB@accor.com. This may then permit us to investigate further into the shortfalls that detremented your experience, and allow us to apply preventative measures to ensure any future re-occurences of the same nature,

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to better serve you once again upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Location is very good on silom road next to express way. Lebua tower is a stones through away. Rooms are clean, bed is very comfy bathroom is clean, our room may have required a little touch up with paint in places but no big problem. Breakfast was good with a good selection. Staff are friendly. Definite value for money hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dundeebat
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Dundeebat,

Our team received great pleasure in acknowledging your positive feedback toward to your stay with us and we are indeed pleased to learn it represented good value for money.

Our location leans toward one of the main factors for guest's selecting our hotel, being strategically located in the heart of the Silom district, with plenty of shopping & sightseeing attractions within close proximity and of course the Lebua tower directly opposite where the famous Hangover II movie was filmed.

Furthermore were happy to see you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and will indeed relay your comments to our Engineering department regarding the room condition where immediate action will be ensued.

Yours Sicnerely

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I had sent many email to hotel but not receive any reply answer
Please check again and reply me as soon as you can
I sent you 2 email but bo receive any reply email?
Please answer me some question before I book a room
1/Do the hotel have free wifi in all type of room? If not how much per day for wifi in room?
2/What is defference of bathroom in standard and superior room?Do the bathroom of standard room have glass wall in shower bath,in toilet ?
3/Do the hotel have free tuk tuk take the guest to BTS?And what is time of the last tuk tuk?
Pls reply me soon thank you
Can give me an another email so If I need I can receive the answer quickly

Dear QuocNgo,

We do apologize that one of our reservation representatives has overlooked your enquiry regarding our hotel facilities & services. Below you may find further details corresponding to your demands:

1) WIFI is indeed included as part of the room purchase benefit
2) You will indeed find glass wall divides in both room types specified, to which both are only differentiated by additional area space and the inclusion of one sofa.
3)Our Tuk-Tuk services last departure is at 6pm evening

I hope I have being successful in clarifying all your queries and should you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us on H7172-RE1@accor.com.

Reviewed 13 May 2013

The title says it all. The staff was absolutely superb. The room, though small, was comfortable and very well appointed. The hotel is ideally situated on Silom Road with oodles of restaurants, markets, and sightseeing nearby.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank DKTomb
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear DKtomb,

We have taken great satisfaction in acknowledging your feedback regarding your stay with us. What we find most encouraging is that our staff service was much appreciated, we understand its those minor details that convert a good experience to a memorable one.

Its also pleasing to see you managed to explore & revel in all the surrounding restaurants & markets which remain within comfortable walking distance of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit to the land of smiles.