“Top quality of service”

Ranked #79 of 883 Hotels in Bangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
Lyon
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Very available anytime. and High efficiency
Nice atmosphere. Sweet and smily people.
Breakfat is perfect with a lot of choice. Good wine...
No constraint... Everything is easy anytime.
A mix between the Thai charm and the French touch
I will come back!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok.

We are truly thrilled to learn all your expectations were reached and the infusion of french elegance into our warm Thai hospitality was much appreciated.

I will certainly be sure to convey your appreciation to the rest of the team whom will be delighted and encouraged to see such positive remarks, as we continue to better improve on our services to determine such experiences like yours.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Good place..near sky train station and in a very good location... Good breakfast. ..feels a bit like a biz hotel but we as a family had no complaints. Safe choice for a first time traveller.The glass partition of the bathroom may freak you out a bit if you are not staying with your partner but the pull down screen saves the embarrassment. You feel safe in the environment around the hotel. .

Dear Rengarajan,

It is very gratifying to see such positive remarks regarding your stay and our location & services lived up to your expectations, I will be sure to extend your appreciative comments to the rest of our team,

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

It is your average 4 stars hotel with the lack of bathtub in the shower. Sleep was convenient, the bed and linen were alright. I found it quite lack in aminities as they dont provide sandals and toothbrush. I requested a toothbrush to the room service in the end and give her tip about 60baht (I dont know the custom here or the appropriate amount).
The breakfast has many varieties to my liking.
I took a tuktuk for looking around and the driver totally have no idea where the hotel was (even with the address shown). I wonder it's because the driver or the hotel is not strategic/ well known.
The area around the hotel is clean and you can find the "red light" district around 2km from here.

2  Thank maria_fidelia

Dear Maria,

We very much appreciate your candid feedback and of course constructive remarks. To enlighten you further our bathroom amenities can vary according to your assigned room type, however should they be a specific item you require we do our utmost best to accomodate.

Otherwise we are encouraged to see the breakfast selection appeased to your preferences and that the location was within easy reach of your points of intrest.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I just had one night stop over in Bangkok and I was a beat worried about the location that in fact is so convenient. From the airport by the tollway it toke me about 30 minute only and I had the feeling that the road exist right in the middle of the lobby as I never experience short trip without traffic jam like that in Bangkok. same the next day to move in the city for my business or to get back to the Airport.
The hotel was what I expected from a Novotel with great value and price . In had room service and it was just great . Mr golf front office was very help and my reservation was ready without mistake.
I'll be back

Room Tip: I am French and it is walking distance from the French Embassy very conveinent
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Thierry D

Dear Thierry,

We are truly delighted to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location best situated to facilitate your business needs & requirements.

Most encouraging however is that our services and in particular the personal attention of Mr Golf at the front office enriched your experience even further. I will certainly be sure to convey your appreciation and gratitude.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to receiving you again upon your next visit to the land of smiles.

Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

First things first - staff at the front desk very rude. Checkin process very tedious. Although I paid online a month prior they kept a deposit of 5000 baht per room. Really it is ridiculous, being a budget hotel obviously the traveler is on a budget. After paying advance money if I still have to block my card how will I survive my stay. The frontdesk is unable to give us rooms togeather....they were all scattered on the smoking floor which was a last option available. The smoking floor felt like walking and breathing in cloud of smoke. Never ever experienced a smoking floor like this. Wifi password didint work, when checked with the front desk they started accusing us of swapping our rooms internally and hence the login didnt work. After a very rude conversation they realised it was thier fault. Room very small and ok. Bathroom clean but was stinking. Over all I enjoy staying in accor hotels but this one has been our worst experience. Will have to think again while staying with the brand novotel again.

1  Thank commando2828

Dear Commando,

Firstly I would like to apologize for the ill mannered services rendered, This is certainly not a level of service commonly associated with our hotel. Rest assured we have taken your remarks seriously and will address the department concerned,

Furthermore regarding your room deposit this is indeed a common practice extended to all our patrons, whom are requested to outlay 1000baht accumulative of your number of nights stay, simply as a protection act.
I will also be sure to address the conditions of the smoking floor which incidentally became too uncomforting to cross the hallways, along with the condtion of the bathroom.

In conclusion taking all the negatives into account, we certainly hope to have an opportunity to better serve you, and redeem your faith in our Novotel upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Please dont hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance H7172-FB@accor.com.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Was suppose to stay at this hotel for 2 nights but left after 1 night to move to a different hotel because it was so horrible. The room was dirty, the air conditioning wasn't working, and our non smoking room stunk of smoke. The worst part of our experience was how rude the staff were. This is definitely not a 4 star hotel and I would never stay at this hotel again

NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2013

Dear nuee80,

Thank you for your review and selecting Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom as your preferred choice of stay whilst in Bangkok!

Firstly on behalf of the entire management team I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the negative experience to which you endured at our property. This is certainly not the level of service expected of ourselves and in particular a Novotel branded establishment.

I would greatly appreciate if you may find the time to drop me an email at H7172-FB@accor.com. This may then permit us to investigate further into the shortfalls that detremented your experience, and allow us to apply preventative measures to ensure any future re-occurences of the same nature,

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having the opportunity to better serve you once again upon your next visit to Bangkok.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights. Location is very good on silom road next to express way. Lebua tower is a stones through away. Rooms are clean, bed is very comfy bathroom is clean, our room may have required a little touch up with paint in places but no big problem. Breakfast was good with a good selection. Staff are friendly. Definite value for money hotel.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dundeebat
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Dundeebat,

Our team received great pleasure in acknowledging your positive feedback toward to your stay with us and we are indeed pleased to learn it represented good value for money.

Our location leans toward one of the main factors for guest's selecting our hotel, being strategically located in the heart of the Silom district, with plenty of shopping & sightseeing attractions within close proximity and of course the Lebua tower directly opposite where the famous Hangover II movie was filmed.

Furthermore were happy to see you enjoyed our buffet breakfast and will indeed relay your comments to our Engineering department regarding the room condition where immediate action will be ensued.

Yours Sicnerely