“The Gem”

Ranked #86 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Shanghai, China
“The Gem”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This Novotel is a gem. The location is amazing to many things to see in BKK.

The staff is wonderful. Breakfast buffet it great. Dinner buffet needs a little work...

I do love this hotel and it is one place I pick first when in BKK

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Stephen P
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Stephen P,

I would like to thank you for your review. Delighted to hear that overall you were satisfied with your stay. Your remarks on our staff & the breakfast buffet are well noted, I appreciate you sharing your concerns. This comment would be shared with our staff in order to improve our service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, we hope to see you again at Novotel Bangkok Silom.

On behalf of the General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
HOUSTON
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel located on Silom rd which is a major shopping economic arts area in Bangkok. Near the choa pro river it is within walking dist to many fine restaurants sky train, and taxi s out door. Major mall Siam paragon either a quick bts ride, or short inexpensive taxi ride to see one of the finest malls in Asia .
The staff at the. Property is excellent and answer all your questions . The property is well run, and the rooms well appointed, with very good breakfast, and should one want dinner also very good. The lounge intake lobby has been redesigned and is festive. I def would stay at this property again, as I have in the past.

Room Tip: I have stayed in different style rooms, and found all spacious, well appointed, and having nice amen...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Steven C,
Together with our team, I sincerely thank you for your compliments you took the time to share with us. It is a strong encouragement for all of and we really appreciate these kind words on our hospitality service. We all look forward to welcoming you again here at Novotel Bangkok Silom.
Best personal regards,

Gerald Hougardy,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a great hotel that is walking distance to the BTS (Monorail) but the hotel staff are more than happy to drive you there at no charge on an hourly basis.

We got the room for a steal with breakfast.

We were very happy and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear rebeccaaaa01,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit to Novotel Bangkok Silom and glad to learn that overall you had a fantastic experience and memorable stay with us.

Please rest assured I will take great pleasure in sharing your feedback with the rest of the team whom are already eagerly welcoming your next return to the land of smiles.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Have just completed 15 nights at Novotel Bangkok Fenix
I found the Team to be very helpfull and attentive, during my entire stay.
In particular Plu, who work's on Reception, very efficient.
Also Nu, one of the Porter's, who assisted me in setting up my local cell, arranging my transport to BKK Airport, plus arranging a birthday cake, to my room.
Both an asset to the Team

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
NovotelSilom, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear John S,

We are delighted to learn you had an excellent stay with us. Your comments on the service provided by Plu & Nu our staffs are most gratifying and will be shared with whole team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Novotel Bangkok Silom.

Macau, China
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I deeply appricated what the staff here assit me during my stay.
I was stolen my wallet and pspt when i was on the way to the airport, the staff here really assisted me sending me to the police station for a report, and one compliment night for me to get enough time to renew my temperary pspt here, I would like to say thank you to each staff here,expecially the GM - Mr. Hougardy, I hope I will stay with this hotel if travelling next time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
NovotelSilom, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Fenix Silom, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Baron N
On behalf of our whole team I would like to sincerely thank you for your compliments you shared with us in regards to your last stay with us.
We wish you a safe journey home and look forward to welcoming here again in the future.
Best regards,