Amanta Hotel and Residence Ratchada
Average 3/5
    Maxx Hotel(Bangkok)
    • Pool
    • Breakfast included
    All reviewswashing machineesplanade mallmrt stationnight marketa city view roomseparate bedroomsmall lobbybig cserviced apartmentlounge roomflat screen tvdining tablepool sidethe main roadliving areahome away from homedvd player
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 January 2013

The location once you familiarized with the area is very convenient coz its close to a train station and some malls nearby. Our room is very spacious and trendy. Open kitchen to the living room but separate big bedroom and bath. All the room amenities is up to date. The design esthetics and comfort is very commendable. Our patio is overlooking the inviting swimming pool. Its quiet and definitely a home away from home. Free wi-fi too. Luckily, theres washing machine/dryer that we get to wash our two weeks of clothing after our trip in India. Great selection of food for breakfast too.his place is highly recommended.

Room Tip: High rooms always nice for view.
    • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed with family for a total of 4 nights, 2 nights before Christmas 2012 and then again just before the New Year. The apartments are large and clean with 2-person dining table, food preparation area, washing machine, large fridge, lounge, good size bathroom & bedroom and WiFi. The rooms are clean and the staff are very pleasant. My young Nephew loved the pool though I found it too small for a proper swim. I didn't try the gym but it looked reasonable and was in use every morning. The breakfast was abundant and varied, pity about the large number of flies. The hotel is about 5 minutes from the underground, specifically the Thailand Cultural Centre station and there are plenty of taxi's on Thanon Ratchadaphisek road. I didn't hear the construction site but maybe I got lucky as it appears to have been a sore point with other reviewers. I will happily stay at this hotel next time I'm in Bangkok, I like the country and the people, visit Chatuchak Market and you can actually look round without having a hundred store holder's try and bully you into buying their wares as happened in Egypt!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
    1  Thank Adam457
    Reviewed 2 December 2012

This hotel is not bad
    But It is too noisy now because of construction. They have made noisy from 8:00 to midnight. Sometimes they make noise until 2:00 am. I can't sleep anymore. Are there any regulation about time limit for constructions in Thailand? I heard the constructions for AIA building!!!
    If you visit to Amanta, you strongly need to consider about this. I think this construction keep going 6 months or 1 year more.

• Stayed: December 2012
    1  Thank tticio
    Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

I chose this hotel as I needed to be near the Rachada area. The good things about the hotel ?
    Quick check in.
    Large service apartment room
    Full kitchen dining table washing machine
    Large bathroom with bathtub.
    Walk in wardrobe abit small
    Pool looks great
    Gym good adequate. better with more Cardio stations only 2 running belt. breakfast standard fair but place is not big enough if crowded

the best feature for me was being next door to esplanade shopping center and Couple minutes walk to MRT Thailand Cultural Center. Also very near large malls all within walking distance make it very convenient.

Construction work next door can be noisy but stops at night and starts again after 8. I did not hear anything much from my room. Make sure you ask for a room furthest away from the building works next door.

Room rates was very good for what you get. Breakfast is included and so is wifi which was reasonably stable. The only grouse is you need to log in all the time and I believe you get only one device per log in.

• Stayed: November 2012
    Reviewed 25 October 2012

We've stayed at Amanta Ratchada Serviced Apartments about 6 times over the past 3 years and have always been happy with the place and service. Unfortunately our last visit last week from 20th to 23rd Oct 2012 was very disappointing in many ways.
    The biggest current issue is the big building site directly next door that operates 24 hours. Our room faced this building site and disturbed us with the construction noise. Recommend that you request a room away from this area during check-in.
    The other issues that we experienced were a poorly maintained room - the air-con in the living room didn't work properly (only the fan was functioning). After reporting this and returning to the room after 5 hours it stll wasn't repaired. We were told that someone had repaired it however when the person came again to the room he just fiddled with the remote controller and looked completely lost. We eventually got a more competent air-con repair guy to fix it but this took more time.
    The door in the bathroom was also broken and many of the TV channels picture quality was extremely poor and could not be watched properly.
    We also noticed huge amounts of flies around the breakfast area (the breakfast has got more sparse and low quality now, it used to be good but seems like someone has cut back on costs). We were told that the flies were coming across from the building site next door!!
    Altogether a disappointing stay for us especially since this was a good place previously. The management need to take note and make immediate improvements to room maintenance (staff ability), quality of breakfast and the issue with the building site next door that looks like it will continue for the next year or so.

Room Tip: Don't get any rooms in Block A facing the building site next door that operates 24 hours.
    • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family