“Not worth the money ”

Ranked #312 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
Cape Town, South Africa
“Not worth the money ”
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

For the money or even half that I have stayed in much better hotels. Shower was broken. Construction noise on all sides. The pool only gets sun for 2 hours per day. It wasn't the worst but not worth the money at all.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JasonmFinch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
South Africa
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

I had a wonderfully relaxing stay and did not want to leave. Beautiful setting, close to transport and shops, friendly, helpful staff, spotless rooms and a relaxing poolside! Rooms either overlook the beautiful pool and garden or the beautiful cityscape. If you do book a street facing room, the higher, the better!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Ipoh, Malaysia
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I booked this hotel for last minute business trip in Bangkok. I don't have enough time to pack everything I need to travel to foreign country. When I entered the hotel, the service were superb and it put me to ease. The facilities provided are amazing. They provide a power socket adapter, fast in room internet service, umbrella, and even microwave in the room. The interior design is good and it make me feel very cozy. The hotel location is very strategic. Near mall, bus stop and MRT station. I stayed here for a week and the housekeeping kept my room very clean, neat and tidy.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ummu_Mardhiyah
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My parents 65 and 64 years old stayed in the 1 bedroom apartment for 6 nights....... they really had a good time. They actually were to stay for 5 nights, and they ended up staying an extra day.
They were so comfortable that they didn't realize that it was time to check out., house keeping gently/politely reminded them.,they even missed their flight.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This apartment is fully furnished, equipped with kitchen utensils and a great tub as well. Room is nicely decorated had tvs in the living room and bedroom.
staff here are friendly and nice. Has a gym and pool downstairs. Nice cafe as well......
Location is great! A two minute walk away from the MRT...
But u might wanna invest on an insect repellent......

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank Ellekjc
San Francisco
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked five nights, checked-in at 9.30pm on October, 19th 2013, but have cancelled after the first night. The reception is unfriendly, rather arrogant, speaks very poor English and is unable to assist the customers beyond a taxi reservation. I believed it was the night shift only but the day shift is as bad. There is no restaurant after 9.30pm and nothing in the vicinity except a Mc Donald rather far away. The Ratchada is in the middle of nowhere with construction fences around. No room service. The mattress is hard and the decoration is depressing. The bathroom was dirty, with hair in the shower and stained taps and bath. The cherry on the cake is a wood panel which collapsed on my feet! When we tried to address the issue with the manager, Mr Pima, he refused to show up. We checked-out. A very bad experience and never again at Amanta Ratchada!

Room Tip: Choose a room in a different hotel!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dom D
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed at the Amanta for five nights last week. The hotel itself is tidy and fairly modern and the rooms were spacious and had everything we needed. I particularly liked the way that the hotel was tucked away from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. Once you walked down that alleyway it really seemed like we were in a different place. It was secluded and quiet. A lot of posters have mentioned the noise from the neighbouring construction site. I honestly didnt find it that bad. It is the middle of Bangkok after all not a secluded island. The location was excellent. If you turn left after coming our of the driveway it is a 1 minute walk the main underground train system. Carry on another minute or so and there is the Esplanade shopping centre. On the ground floor there is massage parlour (can't remember the name of it). They have very reasonalbe prices and the 1 hour aromatherapy massage is AMAZING!!!!! Turn right at the end of the driveway, walk for 5 minutes and there are a couple of malls. Central Plaza is pricey tho.
Back to the hotel. What really mad our stay memorable was the wonderful staff. They were friendly, happy and fell over themselves to make us comfortable. I wish I had got the name of the lovely young woman who was so diligent and helpful to us. She served us at breakfast and also when we spent the day by the pool took our orders and bought out our food. She was wonderful and commend her for her outstanding customer service. The breakfast was fantastic. Although there wasn't as much variety as at other resorts I felt that was offered was very tasty and of top quality. The room service food we ordered was great also. I would like to make special mention of the lady who made our omelettes, they were so delicious!!! We went to another resort (more upmarket) after our stay in Bangkok, and their omelettes did not even compare to the Amanta's.
On the whole, I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok. I honestly don't understand the whingers on previous posts our stay was great!
PS. If you go out and get a taxi or tuktuk back to the hotel, it would be a good idea to take a business card with you as most taxi drivers don't know where this hotel is located.

Room Tip: Pool view suites are the one.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple