“Artistic, well-designed remake of a family home--charming!”

Be My Guest Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #182 of 698 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2009

This bed & breakfast is located in a community zone, but even so, our late night taxi from the airport was able to find it easily. The proprietor consistently went out of his way to make us comfortable and make sure we had needed directions and phone help. His design talent was obvious, and the rooms, though small, are simply beautiful. Wireless Internet was a big help. We are not fond of wet bathrooms, and ours was small besides, but for an overnight it was manageable. We enjoyed being in a neighborhood with good, very inexpensive food and no other tourists. We would go again anytime.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thirdculturetraveler
There are newer reviews for Be My Guest Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 8 September 2009

I can not say anything against this place!!! If you are going to bangkok you should, must, have to stay here!!! for the moment i met chan out on the street, where he was looking for my taxi even though i was an hour late, i knew the me by guest guesthouse was going to be a special experience! First impressions - stylish, clean and chan had even set one of the clocks to New Zealand time for me!

As a solo traveller, i felt safe and comfortable at all times, chan upgraded me to a en-suite room even thought i only paid for a shared bathroom, he made me what ever i wanted for breakfast while chatting with me and helping me to plan my day. He was great - helped me plan all my transport routes, picked out dvds for me and even bought me soft drinks!

the place was super tidy and clean - so great cant say enough good stuff about it - he made my last days in bangkok, forcing me on public transport and getting me out and about!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank chazzamcnasty
Reviewed 25 August 2009

I strongly advice this B&B. Not only it's so clean and the room comfortable, the owner is very nice and helpfull. The neighbourhood is absolutely not touristic and that's what we found nice about it. To go to the center does not take much time.

The next time we go to Bangkok, we will stay here again!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neerlandaise
Reviewed 11 August 2009

My Wife and I along with our 3 boys stayed for a month at this wonderful little guest house.
There are 2 rooms on each floor and we had a floor to ourselves. Our host Charles made us feel like we were in our own house and he was a truly fantastic host.
I would highly recommend this guest house to all who would prefer to stay in a homely
atmosphere instead of large hotels or hostels and it is right in amongst the traditional
streets and atmosphere of the real Bangkok, but also very close to transport to everywhere.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

This guesthouse is down a small, quiet lane a safe neighborhood a few blocks from a major thoroughfare. If you want local flavor, this is a good neighborhood for it. There are many street vendors and street-side restaurants selling great food just around the corner (although they don't tend to speak English). If you want something a little more western, there are large shopping malls, complete with grocery stores, a few blocks away (about a 10 minute walk).

The location is not in the middle of the tourist areas, but is close to a subway stop which can get you to most of them in a few minutes. Taxis are plentiful at all hours right around the corner from the guesthouse. There is also a motorcycle taxi stand around the corner, which I found very convenient to get to the subway station. The subway station is about a 15 minute walk or a 5 minute motorcycle taxi ride (around 15 baht).

The rooms in the guesthouse are very comfortable and well-decorated, with cable TV/DVD, good A/C, and reliable free wi-fi access (which I found to be a huge benefit.) The rooms and common areas are all spotless. The common living area has a wide selection of DVDs and a computer for free use of the internet. The common kitchen was large and well setup for those wanting to self-cater. The clothes washer and dryer were very handy, since there really aren't any self-service laundries in Thailand yet.

Dew, the friendly Thai guy who runs the guesthouse, is a big traveler himself and is very knowledgable and extremely helpful.

I have stayed at this guesthouse several times while traveling around southeast Asia. After some initial reluctance to stay outside of the major tourist/hotel areas (Siam Square, Silom), this has become the place that I stay when I am in Bangkok.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2009

After reading some good reviews about thism, we decided to stay here .The appearance of the guesthouse looked quite rude but we felt surprised when we went inside. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and quiet.The breakfast was delicious and optional.It is good for starting a new day .
Generally, We were happy with our stay and their service. We will be back here for the next time.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 May 2009

Wonderfully decorated townhouse in a buzzing neighbourhood of Bangkok gives you the feeling of a home away from home.

Highly recommended!