“Just great!!”
Review of Baron's Fashions

Baron's Fashions
Ranked #217 of 506 Shopping in Bangkok
More attraction details
Owner description: During the settlement of American Bases in Khorat (Nakhorn Ratshsima) in 1975. Baron's Fashions commenced its business with the United State Air force as their first customers. Just Before the commencement of Thailand tourist boom in 1977, Baron's Fashion established its showroom in Bangkok and within the span of 6 years came up to the position of being one the best Ladies & Gentlemen custom tailor in Thailand. During this period we have established a world-wide reputation for custom tailoring services, having more than 250,000 customers' world wide. We have maintained our quality standard by offering genuine quality fabric and workmanship at a fair price.
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I just got my son's two trousers and shirts made for $140, great experience. The material was good, stitching was awesome. Very professional people. Much better price than many high end tailors of Bangkok.

1  Thank Parveer J

Reviewed 3 December 2011

We came here in April 2011, we needed a suit pretty sharpish as we left it until the end of our vacation to get fixed it. We went in on the Monday in the day, got measured up and everything later that evening. Got our suits picked up on the Wednesday and they are great. There are lots of tailors in Bangkok, I would definately recommend this !

We were also given free drinks and stuff whilst in there !

1  Thank Robb L
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I am a frequent traveler to Bangkok over the past decade and have tried many of the tailors recommended on tripadvisor . By far the best suits I have had made have come from Baron's at the Soi 13 location. They wear well and fit properly and look good. I like to deal with Jim at this location. If you know what you want or have pictures on a flashdrive of suits you like it makes the process easier. There are cheaper places to get a suit,but if it doesn't look good what's the point of custom-made? -Dr. Peterson

3  Thank thedramaqueen
Reviewed 5 October 2009

My partner and I purchased suits and shirts in Oct 08 from Barons Fashions Sukhumvit Road Bangkok.

They were really wonderful to deal with they made the selection task easy.

The suits & shirts were ready on time and were exactly what we ordered.

12 months all of the garments are still in perfect condition and I have just sent through an order for 20 more shirts(10 each). As we are both quite tall we cannot buy shirts here in Australia that are long enough in the arms. Office shirts for me retail @ target for a minimum of AU$50 then if you want something a bit more stylish you are looking at AU$100 or more from Myers.

As Barons have our measurements we just give them the number of our previous order - they give us the same price as last time then just add the shipping cost. My shirts (female) cost me AU$34 each landed here which includes the shipping cost.

So if you heading to Bangkok and want suits head to Barons Fashions and ask to speak with Jim.

Oh and to ward off the tuk tuk drivers and other hawkers who want to sell you suits on the street we found the best response is "we go home early in the morning" it works a treat!

2  Thank wheeles626
Reviewed 29 November 2008

I went pretty much nuts looking for a tailor in bangkok. After spending an hour reading posts in this forum I realized there's a lot more to a custom made suit than meets the eye, I'm not an expert at all.

The first place I tried was on the corner of Sukhomvit Road. A sales guy met helped me pick out a fabric which we took half an hour to do. He explained to me there were different fabrics like wool, cashmere wool, cashmere, etc. Anyway I flipped through some of the magazines to pick a style and we agreed on a price of 5k baht. Something that bothered me was he kept trying to throw in a free tie which I thought was strange. I decided to go for a walk before I committed and we tried a place called Baron's Fashions.

At first I was just going through the motions of picking a fabric, and when it got to price they were over 60% higher. So I let them know I was intending to go back to the other place since they were cheaper. The sales guy let me know there was a good chance I was actually picking an inferior fabric and did the lighter test. He also said just because made in italy is on the side of the fabric, it doesn't mean it actually is (which makes sense considering this is Bangkok). He then said he could sell me a suit for the price I wanted or even less, but not with the fabric I was holding. When we discussed what I wanted he helped me understand all the differences in the style (I really am a novice) but we never talked about stitching which a lot of these posts talk about. Anyway something else I noticed was the first shop I went into had dozens pictures of movie stars buying suits at their store. This place Barons had hundreds of pictures of just regular people, and they all seemed to be smiling with their suits.

Anyway I decided to spend more than I budgeted for and went with Barons. There was an initial fitting, a second fitting in the morning a week later and a 3rd fitting that evening, and I took a photo with the sales guy in my suit. The suits great, its my first custom one and I'm really proud of it. Again, when it comes to the details on what kind of stitching is used or thread I'm not an expert. What I know is it looks great, feels great and I feel really good in it. I wore it to work for the first time yesterday.

If you're confused on a tailor in bangkok you should be, chances are you budgeted 4 hours to find one and there are hundreds in the city. Before you commit, I suggest you walk into these guys and see what you think. If you walk back out at least you can say you looked at more than one tailor. Anyway I promised the sales guy I'd leave a great review if I liked the suit and a really bad one if I got fleeced, so there we go. Here are their details:

Barons Fashions