New Central Guest House
US$113
US$156
Agoda.com
US$175
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 May 2012

1) The first night someone stole room neighbors
2) The second night of drunken receptionist shouted, pounding on the door.
3) In the morning the receptionist threatened to kill me and waved me bat against his head.

Never more...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Michal D
Reviewed 11 January 2011

The Bangkok center hotel is certainly not a five-star place. But it offers extremely good value for the money. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is central enough to actually walk to most places. The breakfast buffet is a nice treat. But be aware, that the central location also means that there are touts and scammers everywhere. Leave the place and you get approached, or better besieged. Nevertheless, a great hotel to start a backpack tour.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2009

stayed at guest houses run by this family since 1984. they always remember me, even if i've been away for more than a few years. usually give a 'special price' if there's plenty of rooms available in the low season. clean, convenient and cheap for kaosan.
can understand the negative review. did you stay in the low season? might have been a dodgey thai staying there, one who sneaked in, or, a 'visitor' brought back by another patron. always have to be careful in thailand.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank magisterosa
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Don`t ever take room 4-1 with balcony in the new central guesthouse, it`s a dangerous place to stay there.
When I was staying there someone came by my balcony in my room when I was asleep.
This happend at 4 a.m. A fight was the result.
When I went downstairs to the manager and told him what happend, he didn`t believe me!
After that I went to the police.
The police was so kind enough to call the manager and asked him what has happend.
With no result.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank robertColombo
Reviewed 16 January 2009

I found this place by walking around the Khao San area. The owner is a likable, jovial and helpful man and the staff (family?) are as nice. I paid 300 baht for a double with a fan, a/c and screens on the windows - which is a BIG deal in SE Asia. The room was sparse - no TV or anything like that. Just a bed and a bathroom.

Beer and water are sold in the "lobby". The location is a block a from Khao San Road. Bottomline - I'd definiately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled solo