“Great place to stay”
Review of Honey House 2

Honey House 2
Ranked #539 of 885 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed at the Honey House 2 for 4 nights. Only problem was my room was facing the noisy road below. Next time i will request a room further back. This hotel was clean, staff where very friendly and helpful. Also the location couldn't have been better. I will stay again without a doubt. I wont get up for breakfast though as it was a piece of bread, butter and a coffee which i found very amusing. I would recommend this hotel to the easy going type that dont expect the world at a cheap price.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main road and don't get out of bed for breakfast.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SupersonicDog

Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

Decent little hotel for a 2night stay. Room was ok. Faced the road which was fairly loud. Breakfast was better than I expected, but not filling. Helpful staff but looked bored and uninviting most of the time. One morning saw a girl walk out. Pretty sure was a working girl due to the nature of the location. Next door was a massage parlour. Hustled every time I exited. Lots of bars and restaurants on the street. Had a long walk or have to catch taxi to get anywhere else. Get what you pay for I guess.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Decent location, but that's about it. Noisy.

Beds are ok, room was decently clean. Please get rid of the shape-shifting cat murals hanging on every wall in the room, some hung in pairs. Felt like the interior decorator was the interior decorator's 8 year old child.

Try separate the shower from the rest of the bathroom. It's how I live out here, and when I check into a private room in a guesthouse/hotel/hostel, I don't dig showering over my toothbrush and toilet all that often.

Lastly, the receptionist. Was accosted when I got back to the room around 9pm. Supposedly, there were already 2 people in my room, so I wasn't allowed to go in. The fear is someone gets to sleep for free. However, I paid the lady myself, used my passport as a deposit earlier that day and was then told I couldn't go to my room... Insane. I was spoken to as if I was a rabid dog. I hadn't even started drinking yet, I only just came back from the synagogue around the corner. It was Yom Kippur; not really a drinking festival. Eventually, she let me up but she also came up to make sure the 3rd left immediately. It's 8pm; nobody is going to sleep yet. Relax, take a deep breath and remember you're speaking to a customer, who'm I'd imagine the guesthouse would want as a returning client.

Won't go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I really love there .I went to bangkok last month with my family and i stayed in this hotel,there were many nice people.they're friendly and can talk with you everything, if possible i wanna go next year ,

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013

For the price this is a good value hotel - W had the most expensive room at 12OO Bath; perfect for a longer stay although a curtain in the bathroom shower would be minor yet useful investment. STaff are perfectly friendly and welcoming. The walk to BTS is about 20 minutes and there are plenty of nice Thai restaurants further up the street.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Arrived and no one knew how long I was staying for- despite having a reservation with booking.com.
Requested a twin room and was given a double room.
The AC was not at all effective and there was lots of noise from outside until after 12.
Good location but there are plenty of other places to stay nearby so perhaps check them out before booking this!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Jessisaw
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I've reviewed bad hotels before but this hotel is the worst ever. It was a total rubbish! It don't deserved to be rated at all. Firstly, in terms of location, I wonder why some reviewers mentioned that the location is great?!!! Do you have any idea how far this hotel to the main road and what more to any BTS or MRT stations?! Not only the main Sukhumvit road is 24/7 congested but the only road that lead to this hotel is always at standstill. To find food is also damn difficult. Except there's this small provision shop just next to the hotel. It took me forever to reach to his hotel coz of the massive traffic and once I step into this hotel, maybe becoz I have lots of luggages, the front desk lady had an unpleasant look at me. Her tone was harsh throughout. Where's that hospitality that the reviewers were raving about? The hotel look dated. You can see in some pictures that some reviewers posted especially the bathroom. My night was a disaster. The road still very noisy. Can't have a peaceful sleep. The bed was hard too. Stay away folks. There are more better hotel than this disgusting hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends