“Fantastic swimming pool on rooftop”

Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #48 of 880 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Date: 16 Jan 2011

We booked this hotel for our weekend stay in Bangkok to see some friends visiting from the uk.

We have stayed at many hotels over the years, often luxury ones with impeccable details and fantastic designs. Price-wise Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista, Bangkok, is on par with these better-class hotels.

The staff were more than friendly and the services they provided was 2nd to none. Being part of the Marriott group you know what to expect from the fantastic dining and staff training. My only gripe would be that it was slightly high end on the budget for the overall experience. In the afternoon, the staff would happily serve food outside at the rooftop pool, which has an amazing whirlpool and really was fantastic and great fun for my friends kids.

The room we had was spacious and pretty, the breakfast is good and the distance to Patpong and the BTS skytrain was about a 5 min tuk tuk ride or 15-20 min stroll. Bangkok underground was also very close by which made easy cheap air conditioned access to the amazing Chatachuk weekend market.

Marriott Executive Apartments - Sathorn Vista, Bangkok is a place you would definitely come back to and recommend to your friends if money is no object. Thank you very much for making our stay so pleasant!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Global-Travel-Ninja
There are newer reviews for Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments

Reviewed 30 April 2011

we stayed here in a 3 bedroom apartment and it was really very nice and spacious. the pool area also has a nice play area for the kids. the location is very safe and central. very good in total.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank poshtravel
Reviewed 12 April 2011

I stayed here for 26 days on business and it met all my needs. I'd tried staying in other hotels on previous trips which were inferior and 30% more expensive. I just wish I'd found it earlier. I had the 1 bed executive suite which I could happily have stayed in for 3 months. The Banyan tree is 5 minutes walk away if you want a fabulous steak and views of the city from their open air restaurant/bar. I spend 65% of my time on the road and this is one of the best ever and amazing value. The staff were incredibly helpful and efficient at all times; they even remembered I needed my own wifi hub from a 1 day stay 2 weeks earlier.

Room Tip: Ask for xx07 rooms facing away from the main road
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank gootandcat
Reviewed 29 March 2011

We decided to pick Marriot as our home for 4D 3N after going through several reviews. I must agree that it's exactly how it was shown in traveler photos. Clean sheets, bathrooms, and full amenities of a home [in my opinion].

Apart from that, I coudln't agree more on how helpful and courteous the staff were. I had an incident when a cab driver decided to try his luck in demanding for THB150 for a short journey from Central World back to the service apartment on a Sunday afternoon which he has agreed to go by the meter earlier and decided to change his mind mid-way through the journey. Since I had no small change, the cab driver demanded me to get change from the concierge and I explained the issue to Tao who at that time was on duty. As a tourist, I felt that it was a rip off as the journey from Central World back will not cost more than THB80. I am grateful to Tao and Kwan who came to my aid. At the end, Tao explained calmly to the cab driver and we came to an agreement whereby I agreed to pay THB80. Problem solved!

Next, the facilities provided are good. The gym and pool area is well taken care with no funny stench in the gym and best part the pool is a salt water pool. Sure helps to aid tired body after a whole day of walking and shopping. Security is tight and best part is the service apartment is located in a quiet corner of Sathorn Road Soi 3, away from the hustle and bustle near the embassies and 5mins away from our Malaysian Embassy. The staff will also assist in getting a cab, and we are not required to hail our own cab.

Things to Work On:

Something to work on is probably the breakfast spread. Perhaps a little more variety is good. Also, a certain waiter on 28/03/2011 morning needs to improve his customer service skills as he should not choose to serve customers with different standards.

Being Malaysians and of a similar skin colour to the locals, we found that he displayed a certain biasness when he was serving some Americans who were seated at a table close to ours. He carefully laid out the utensils for them and immediately served them their coffee/tea without any delays. As for our hot drinks, we had to call the waiter several times before we got them.

He probably needs to exude more warmth (irregardless of nationality and skin colour) and learn the art of hospitality from the concierge personnel, whose service levels were impeccable.

Despite its cons, I would definitely return to Marriott in a heartbeat. The next time I return (probably later this year), I just hope that the breakfast would have improved.

Once again THANK YOU Tao and Kwan for your hospitality [if you do read the reviews here]

Regards,
Joanna Tham (25-28 March 2011, Room 2805)

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank JoannaTham
Reviewed 11 March 2011

After staying at a resort we moved here.. completely diff experience. Large rooms, great furniture, appliances in the suite that we stayed. Kitchen too was well maintained. Courteous staff. Breakfast was seperate for short stay and long stay. Well stocked buffet, could have more veg stuff though. Located not far from the shopping districts.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PD33
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed there with my wife\ 2 kids, 5 & 2.5 years olds. The room was a 2 bed room with their individual bathrooms. It also had a open kitchen with separate washer and dryers. It was spacious and very cozy, could live there for weeks. The pool was nice (tanning bed area could be larger though), gym was well equipped, and they also have their own tennis court. But what impressed me the most was the attentive, responsive, and super friendly. There were quite a few incidences that demonstrated this but the one I want to mention is that left my camera bag in the van I had them help book to take us to the next destination. I called their reception and they reacted immediately and I ultimately got my camera bag back in 1 hour with no fuss or hassle. The team really knows how to take care of the guests and they are great with children, too, making us feel like we've been living there for ages, Great experience!! Well done Bangkok MVC team!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Cau220
Reviewed 1 February 2011

We had a 2 bed room suite on the 26th floor. The suite was large, with one of the bed rooms larger than the other and the larger room had an en suite bathroom. The view was great. There is a pool on the 5th floor with good views, good seating and a bar. I never heard our neighbors - full marks for sound installation. 3 TVs, a dish washer, clothes washer / drier. Guests up to the capacity of the room can check-in later on production of their ID (no additional charge). Staff were helpful and knowledgeable.

Lumphini MRT (metro station) is a 15 minute walk down a busy road. Sala Daeng BRT station is 20 minutes walk. However, taxis are cheap and available immediately outside the hotel.

Negatives:
Internet use is about $20 a day - pricey in the this day and age.
Breakfast was $15 a head.
There isn't much immediately around the hotel - Thanon Silom is a 20 minute walk with plenty of shops, bars and restaurants.
No balcony.