If you truly need an apartment for your business or pleasure travel needs, this is a good property to consider. It is a well-run property to Marriott's high standards.
I had a spacious one bedroom apartment. Large kitchen, laundry closet, dining area, living room, large bedroom and bathroom with separate shower and bathtub.
I thought it would be a nice change to arrive home with a suitcase full of clean clothes. The thought of the extra space and a washer and dryer for the same price of similar hotels was what made me decide to book here for the final few days of a month long stay in Thailand.
For me, as a single traveler, on a short stay, the space was wasted. Also, as a Gold Elite member, the trade off of spacious apartment for lack of Executive Lounge with cocktail hour and morning breakfast was not worth it. I would prefer the nightly evening in the lounge and morning breakfast over the space of an apartment.
The term "executive" apartment conjures up visions of business travelers to me. however, you will find this property has many families with children. Also, appears to have many families in transition and using the apartment for longer stays. You will find the children's play room full at 5pm!
If you are a family with smaller children on holiday, you might find the extra space useful, however, the location for holiday travelers isn't ideal. If you plan to use the MRT or BTS, you will have to take a taxi to them. Otherwise it is a long, hot walk. Bangkok sidewalks are difficult to negotiate and it will be doubly so with children to care for. I took a motorbike taxi to the BTS.
If you are a business traveler on a long stay, a month or more, or a family with small children and an apartment is what you need, this is a beautiful, well run property. However, if you don't truly need an apartment, or are an Elite member who likes the perks offered at a "full service" Marriott hotel, I would consider staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok