This was our first visit to Bangkok, and we did not know a lot about the city. We had little idea of where to stay, but knew we wanted to be comfortable. The Sathorn Vista is not in the city centre at all, but turned out to be well-positioned for us - we could reach the sights (Grand Place area, the river) but also some of the other features (Patpong Market).
For our five day stay, we booked an executive apartment because it said it had two double beds - enough space for two adults and two teenage daughters. However, on check-in the staff told us that the room could only sleep three. We got out our booking that clearly showed our requirements, so they agreed to install an extra bed, but then tried to charge for the extra child. We held firm, having paid in advance. However, this fuss was unnecessary: the apartment did have two large beds, and the extra bed they installed just got in the way.
We loved the apartment (1008). The two bedrooms were entirely separate from the living room and kitchen, and there were two bathrooms. The flat was well equipped - large fridge, washer and tumble drier, three large flat- screen TVs and cooker. It was cleaned every day.
The pool is on a terrace on the fifth floor, and is unheated. There are loungers and chairs, and a small bar. It closes at 11pm.
Generally, there are plenty of staff, and they are keen to help. We had breakfast twice at the hotel - a significant extra cost compared with Bangkok prices elsewhere, for rather average Western food.
Why only four stars? A few minor niggles:
- the Internet policy was stupid. 'Free' access in the public areas only, and each day required a new log-in code. This was just annoying, and did not always work
- despite the security in the building, the lifts required key cards to operate, making access to our friends on a different floor difficult
- the prices of drink in the bars was extortionate. (That said, it was a Buddhist holy festival on the first two days of our arrival, and the bar was the only place serving beer and wine)
Tip: it is only five minutes walk to the Banyan Tree. Go there at night, take the lift to the top and enjoy (another extortionately priced) drink and a fantastic view of Bangkok. Drink slowly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TravelUp, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok