We stayed two nights at the Marriot between arriving from the US and heading to the beach. We got a two bedroom apartment for about $200/nt which was well appointed and nice to come to after a LONG flight. Large master suite with big bathroom. Second room was a bit small but we weren't there very long. Living room was large with nice furniture. Check in was easy, everybody was very friendly (even at midnight.) Good breakfast spread, and really good coffee. 10-15 minute walk to skytrain and metro. This is a safe neighborhood with lots of world embassies around and a hospital across the street. The salt water pool was really nice and the exercise room has new equipment--(I don't usually comment on the exercise room but we were using it in an attempt to get over jet lag.)
We have previously stayed in the Chatrium, on the river, and while it is a bit more involved to get to the old part of the city where Wat Po and the Palace are, I like the rooms at the Marriot better and the staff was friendlier. I would definitely stay here again.
As an aside: We had a car service pick us up from the airport as I didn't want to monkey around with taxi's at midnight after 20 hours of travel. We used Transfer BKK, and were very pleased. Dawin, the owner, was very responsive over email, was waiting for us at the airport and was very friendly and super helpful. His big thing is european car seats for kids, which are basically non existent in Thailand. We took a taxi back to the airport from the hotel, which was easy and cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments, you will enjoy the convenience of full-service Bangkok 5-star hotel facilities with the space, ambiance and privacy of residential living. Unique among 5-star hotels in Bangkok, our completely furnished apartments come with a fully equipped kitchen, housekeeping services, storage facilities, appliances, including washers and dryers, ovens and coffee makers, and 24-hour staffing, making our lodging appropriate for any length of stay. Enjoy Thai and international cuisine at our all-day-dining restaurant, MoMo Cafe, or unwind in our outdoor saltwater pool. Premier among Bangkok 5-star hotels, we offer meeting space options for intimate events. Located in the heart of the vibrant central business district, our 5-star hotel in Bangkok is conveniently accessible and near businesses, embassies, hospitals, recreation, shopping and entertainment facilities. Sala Daeng BTS Skytrain and Lumpini MRT Subway station are both within a 10-minute walk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Executive Apartments Bangkok