“Excellent Stay, Highly Recommend.”

Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #45 of 861 Hotels in Bangkok
washington
“Excellent Stay, Highly Recommend.”
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed two nights at the Marriot between arriving from the US and heading to the beach. We got a two bedroom apartment for about $200/nt which was well appointed and nice to come to after a LONG flight. Large master suite with big bathroom. Second room was a bit small but we weren't there very long. Living room was large with nice furniture. Check in was easy, everybody was very friendly (even at midnight.) Good breakfast spread, and really good coffee. 10-15 minute walk to skytrain and metro. This is a safe neighborhood with lots of world embassies around and a hospital across the street. The salt water pool was really nice and the exercise room has new equipment--(I don't usually comment on the exercise room but we were using it in an attempt to get over jet lag.)
We have previously stayed in the Chatrium, on the river, and while it is a bit more involved to get to the old part of the city where Wat Po and the Palace are, I like the rooms at the Marriot better and the staff was friendlier. I would definitely stay here again.

As an aside: We had a car service pick us up from the airport as I didn't want to monkey around with taxi's at midnight after 20 hours of travel. We used Transfer BKK, and were very pleased. Dawin, the owner, was very responsive over email, was waiting for us at the airport and was very friendly and super helpful. His big thing is european car seats for kids, which are basically non existent in Thailand. We took a taxi back to the airport from the hotel, which was easy and cheap.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed in room 3003 which was a 3 Bedroom Suite from 12 to 15 Dec 2013.

Nice swimming pool, gym and sauna
Reasonable room only rate HK$6920 in total
Good sound proof in room
Overall good service
Good housekeeping
Good maintenance
Quiet neighbourhood

Far from BTS
Small living room for a apartment with 3 bedrooms
Only 1 safe
Bad check-out experience (had to instruct the reception to look for taxi phone number at Yellow Page after her cold reply " we don't have recommendation for taxi" and no further constructive action)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 December 2013

The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. The apartments are quiet, very spacious and great value for money. The internet speed was always fast.

I actually stayed there for a week then left for Singapore the following week and then came back to this same Marriott for yet another week. The hotel kept my luggage in their store room for the week that I was away. On my return the service from the staff was excellent as always.

Good location, wonderful staff, quiet and spacious apartments and a beautiful swimming pool area. I will definitely recommend this Marriott to all my acquaintances and will come back again there when I am in Bangkok.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Eauze
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Stayed at Sathorn Vista for 6 nights in November, apartment was excellent. Location brilliant, within walking distance of two restaurants rated in the top fifty restaurants in Asia. Pool much appreciated after a hard day's sightseeing, they do a very good mango lassi. Just one complaint, throughout our stay in Thailand and Cambodia this was the only place where we had to pay for internet connection.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skt78
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I originally hesitated to stay here because I wanted what I thought was a full service hotel. I'm so happy with my decision to stay at this hotel!

The staff was simply amazing. This was my first visit abroad, traveling from the United States and was a long way from home. Every single person I encountered greeted me with a smile and a genuine desire to make my stay comfortable. The hotel is in a safe neighborhood within easy walking distance to the sky train, restaurants and the great Silom shopping district.

The hotel was modern, clean and has an excellent restaurant that also serves room service until 11pm. The rooms are huge with full size kitchens and include washer and dryers. Why would anyone want to stay at at "full service" hotel when this hotel has more service thatn full service. I would give this 6 stars if I could!

I can't wait to go back and I encourage anyone reading this to choose this hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I have the reservation of the executive apartment of three rooms since august, for the period 1st-4th of January of 2014. The hotel forced me to pay in advance a portion of the room fee, with no option for cancelation or making changes to the reservation. However, now the personel of the hotel is telling me that the room I've booked is no longer available and they will change me to three diferent rooms or to another hotel (with less amenities!!!). What kind of international brand is this hotel. I expected more commitment and seriuosness from Sathorn Vista hotel. It's really disapoiting!!!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Mailinhlethi28
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Great staff, very clean, comfortable and quiet. Big apartments. Good breakfast. Needed a late check out and they gave me without any problem or costs. With luggages, it felt like more than 10 minutes walking distance from the BTS Sala Daeng or the MRT Lumphini stations (maybe because of the heat of the city and the polluted air), but that's not a big deal...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Travellers also viewed these Bangkok hotels
Sukhumvit
Sukhumvit Park, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Silom
Siri Sathorn Executive Serviced Residence
Sathorn
COMO Metropolitan Bangkok
Pathumwan
Anantara Baan Rajprasong Serviced Suites

Been to Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments? Share your experiences!