“The best place in Bangkok!!”

Sathorn Vista, Bangkok - Marriott Executive Apartments
Ranked #45 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
“The best place in Bangkok!!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights...
The hotel staffs were so damn friendly which made our stay really comfortable.The pool was amazing and the area was well maintained.Gym even though it had less room was well equipped.Wifi was available near the pool area.And theres also a net booth in the groundfloor.The breakfast was fantastic with a wide variety.
About the rooms.We had extra large rooms.They were all very well equipped that there were everything you needed for your stay right there in your rooms.View from the rooms were breath taking since this hotel is located in the heart of Bangkok.Ive attached a pic.
From my personal experience I can say that Ive been to many hotels in Singapore,malayasia,Hong Kong etc But this one in Bangkok was the best hotel Ive ever stayed.Frankly speaking I dont any even a single complaints about this place.Reading some of the comments is really making me wonder!!
incase u want to ask me anything here's my email: nnawas@ymail.com

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nawas A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Germany
Reviewed 22 February 2014

The staff made me feel it was my permanent home; they are eager to please and everyone was approachable. The manager Darren is extraordinarily professional and accommodating and it is obvious his staff really enjoy working here. Breakfast is included and despite some comments below, I don't understand why anyone would complain. It has a huge assortment for all tastes including western and asian and everything is fresh; if you want something, just request and they will likely make it for you. On a parallel, the same restaurant (Momo's) serves excellent lunch & dinner with a huge variety of alternatives. The pool area & bar is a big hit and I found it very relaxing to do my business via a very stable Wifi. The room suites are massive, comfortable beds and immaculate daily cleaning. the only thing is the location isn't entirely ideal, however there is one of Thailand's best restaurants around the corner, followed by other restaurants and an Irish pub within 10 min walk away. A taxi will get you anywhere else and not to far is the piers to take the river boats which is a must whilst in Bangkok if you the time. Fantastic for business but I also met European families on vacation and they were thoroughly enjoying.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NomadicAdventurer
Artesia, CA
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The Hotel is situated in a quite area but close to restaurants. It is an Apartment/hotel well furnished and clean. The breakfast was okay but not too much choices. The view from our room was beautiful. We had almost a 180 degree view of the city (we got a high floor, corner apartment)
The staff is friendly, although you really need to get to be accustom to the "English" they speak as far as the intonation is concerned. My husband and I were there for a short 3 day trip to meet with old local friends who drove us around so we did not have any problems with transportation.
If I go back to Bangkok, I will stay in this hotel/apartment again.
This is also ideal for families since the apartment is large enough for a family of 4.

Room Tip: get the corner, high floor, very good view!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Doc2Doc
San Diego, California
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Overall, I had a very good stay at the Sathorn Vista MEA.
The location of this MEA is good - about a 10 min walk to the Sala Daeng skytrain station, and there are many local restaurants within a 10 min walk in at least two different directions. Also, with all the protest activities (all peaceful from what I observed) going on in the Silom Rd area, I find the MEA very well located - far away from Silom so that traffic is not affected by protest activities, but still close enough for a short walk for all the action in the Silom/Potpong area.
The apartment that I stayed in - 2202 - was spacious, very clean, and comfortable. It is a one bedroom apartment, and since I was only there for four nights, I found it to be more than adequate.
The breakfast at the restaurant right next door was good - perhaps not as lavish as the breakfast buffets at the big international hotels, but more than adequate. There was a decent selection of both western and eastern breakfast items. I especially enjoyed the fresh fruits they have every morning, and I appreciated the cooks' efforts in trying to serve up something a little different everyday as far as the Asian breakfast food items were concerned. (Have you noticed how many hotels seem to serve 100 % identical items at their breakfasts day after day?)
The only reason I did not give this MEA a excellent rating is the mix up they had with the rates. I booked my reservation through the central Marriott reservation number. The agent who booked it over the phone quoted me a rate of about 3360 BHT, which she said was a 20% discount rate for gold members. When I checked in, I was told that the central reservation desk made a mistake. That 20 % discount rate was supposed to be for Club Marriott gold members, not just Marriott reward gold members. Since I am only a Marriott reward gold member but not a Club Marriott gold member, the agent who checked me in told me I did not qualify the 20% discount. She was gracious enough to offer me the advanced rate of 3570 BHT - a very small difference in what I was quoted originally, but since it was not my mistake for booking a rate that I did not qualify for, the agent who checked me in should have honored what I was quoted originally.
Dear Marriott staff, please take note of this issue.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank sdgt625
Romania
Reviewed 14 February 2014

There are only two big set backs for this hotel 1. Staff speak close to zero the English language.
2. Breakfast poor and the same every morning for 5 days !
Other than this nothing else to say bad about it, decent location anyways traffic is awfull everywhere in Bangkok . Appartaments are big furnished with everything you need. And the staff is allways willing to please you even if is hard for them to understand your needs. We requested for the room to be changed because someone on our floor was cooking something verry strange they did it right away. The pool is nice great views overall a nice stay.

Room Tip: High floor with a view...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brown812005
Mooloolaba, Australia
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We arrived late and were greeted by several staff. We were offered a cold drink and the children were offered small tubs of Ice-cream. Our room was great. Really clean and well laided out. The location is great with easy walking distance to two BTS stations. Shopping was also close. The pool area was excellent, in fact friends preferred to visit us because of the pool and the service. Would recommend this place to anyone, especially families.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank heland1
Brisbane
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

The staff at this hotel top any staff at any other hotel I've been to, especially the younger man who took us up with our bags to our room and bartered the price of tuk tuks before we got in them for us. With all the current protesting in Bangkok, staff were more than willing to ensure places we wanted to visit were safe to do so and the best and cheapest way to go avoiding the traffic.

We had a one bedroom suite on the 15th floor and loved it. It was a bit strange that soaps, shower gel and shampoo was free but washing machine detergent was not. Additionally to create 'black out' curtains they have sown tarp to the back of them. Nonetheless, the rooms were very clean and modern.

Wifi is free in the lobby and pool area but charged in room which is a bit annoying.. Why not make it free in the rooms to?

The restaurant was great but the pool food / drinks average.

It is in a nice location out of the city centre but close to the sky train.

Would definitely stay again, the staff are great.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple