“The best budget hotel in my mindset!”

MetroPoint Bangkok Hotel
Ranked #482 of 866 Hotels in Bangkok
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
“The best budget hotel in my mindset!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have been there on last Christmas period. (2012) I thought at the first time that it should be "you get what you pay" but It wasn't. Everything looks nice, clean and tidy. Staffs were polite and said hi to me all time I lived there. The room I lived was clean and had more space than other hotels in that area. They also offered me a shuttle bus for transporting around in that area and airport too! One stop for your whatever trip at that area with more than expected service quality that what I can say. "You get MORE than what you pay"

Room Tip: Please make sure that you have upgraded to the bigger room for getting more comfy!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ratawit
Zahid_43, Resident Manager at MetroPoint Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2015
Dear Ratawit,

First of all let me thank you for your time to write this review, we really appreciated it. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that our service and friendliness became even better and that why you really like our hotel, the quality of cleaning, and enough space in room, shuttle service and also convenience price.

Please be ensured that we intend to maintain our services to the top-level.

We hope that you will return in the near future, and we really hope to provide you with the best service on your next visit!

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have experienced the excellent services here from all nice staffs... room is clean and perfect size... location is great.. you can walk around and easily find many good restaurants and easy to get out to main roads too.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tripradap
Zahid_43, Resident Manager at MetroPoint Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2015
Dear Tripradap,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us you like the quality of cleaning, staff friendliness became even better also convenience price and good location that’s why you really like our hotel.

Your comments will be shared with all of our team members.

We hope that you will return in the near future and we really hope to provide you with the best service on your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Hallstatt, Austria
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I stayed 3 Nights for traveling in Bangkok. The staff of hotel is very nice and friendly and specially room's are very nice and quite.It may seem far out but you only have to walk 5mins to the main road(Ladprao road or Ramkhamhaeng road) you can take a Taxi to downtown area about 20 min.

Room Tip: Choose the high floor to see city view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JinP312
Zahid_43, Resident Manager at MetroPoint Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2015
Dear JinP312,

First of all let me thank you for your time to write this review, we really appreciated it. We are absolutely thrilled to hear that our service and friendliness became even better and that why you really like our service, hotel location, and friendly staff.

Please be ensured that we intend to maintain our services to the top-level.

We are really happy to hear that you will be returning in the near future, and we really hope to provide you with the best service on your next visit!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms..friendly staff... and good location... though we didn't like the food from their restaurant. I'm vegetarian and there are two Indian restaurants u can walk or hire taxi/bike... recommended for any traveler looking to stay outside the centre of city

2 Thank Mack M
Dear Mack M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and your comments will be shared with all of our team members.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future!

Warmest Regards,

new haven
Reviewed 1 November 2012

stayed 1 month in bangkok and stayed here the last 2 wks,stayed in 4 other hotels in this area,and also looked at 5 more in the ladprao area and this one was by far the best and also the cheapest.Very comfortable rooms and well kept,very friendly staff.The only downside i can think of is the breakfast was not that good,so i would suggest saving 200b per day and not getting the breakfast,other than the breakfast everthing else is top notch.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank testerosa
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Metro Point does have everything you need at a good price. I was paying around 800 bhat per night. Free wifi was the bonus for me, as the place next door was only 600 bhat per night, but then 150 bhat per hour for wifi. Metro point has good beds, soft and pillows. So if you want to stay in the Ladprao area, metro poiont wins hands down on the free wifi aspect. Ladprao is not a touristy area, so you can get some great meals in the area and only pay local prices, not the jacked jup tourist price which i find offennsive. There are also some great shoping malls within a 50 bhat taxi trip. again, you wont see many farangs, just great prices. The resturant in Metro Point is up there for flavour. Some of the nicest meals i had on my last trip to Thailand where from the Metro Point resturant. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. They also had the Bangkok Post on hand everymorning for me to read, They scored points there :-) My only negative would be the noise that can echo up the building when they have large groups having there buffet breakfast. I was woken 2 mornings out of 6. So it wasnt to bad, just a slight shock at 0630am. Metro Point can organise alot of your day trips / over nighters, if you feel that way inclined. I would stay there again. PS, it costs less than 200 bhat to get from Metro point to most of the tourist hang outs / attractions.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TonyBee123
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2012

stayed there for 13 nights and hotel was fine until i left my suitcase open and was robbed by the cleaner, management refused to call police and fobbed me off with all excuses, beware not to be trusted

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Anthony J
, Front Office Manager at MetroPoint Bangkok Hotel, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment on tripadvisor and my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We have investigated and disciplined the staff concerned regarding the comment. We would like to inform you that, although we check our security measurements in the hotel on regular basis, after your complaint we once again checked the security camera in which area you stayed, including checked the record of our staff entering your room (housekeeping, room service).

Please be sure that we have taken note of your comment, an extensive and thorough investigation has been done since you have informed the hotel manager on duty. Although we didn’t find any irregularities and suspicious persons or gaps in our security system, we will additionally ensure all security procedures in the property.

Please kindly send your contact address to info@metropointbangkok.com If any new findings come up in relation to this subject, we shall inform you immediately.

In the meanwhile, if I could be of any further assistance, please contact me at any time.

Yours sincerely,