“The vicinity is good!”

Bangkok Cha-Da Hotel
Ranked #782 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is located in a nice place, though if the room overlooks that busy street it might be kinda noisy if you like to open windows (smoking in my case). Nothing bad, and nothing really good can be said. Just another metropolitan hotel. The food is OK, but don't expect too much diversity. Good to stay here for 1-2 nights. The personnel downstairs is extremely helpful, that's why it is easy to go around the city, as they will explain anything and everything.

Room Tip: Ask the room on the side away from the busy street.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Petr I

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here last week for 2 nights. Centrally placed,near underground. Rooms basic. Breakfast not good. Great restaurant 5 mins to left of hotel. Bell boy ripped us with a trip to floating market. Organise it yourself!!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank FrancoBottica
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am reading all these reviews and it's as if I stayed in a different place!! I loved this hotel! The staff were excellent and made a great effort with us! The room was lovely and clean!! I really enjoyed my stay here and so did my family! Would certainly go back if I came to bangkok again!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Holidayqueen999
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I do not know where to start about this hotel, but I will try! The room was absolutely filthy and under the bed does not seem to have been swept for a year, there was old tissues,clumps of hair and cotton buds under the bed. The windows were filthy, and there were ants crawling about where the tea pot was. When we arrived at the hotel the lady on reception was very nice and said she had given us an upgrade, God help the other guests who were in a basic room.We phoned down to reception to ask for t-bags and the manager informed us that they did not do tea but only coffee! when I asked why only coffee he put the phone down on me! The next morning at breakfast as soon as 9.30am came they switched every thing off and one of the staff was really really miserable. After going back to our room and finding more ants crawling about and the rudeness of the staff we packed our bags and left. We then booked into another hotel at our own expense. My husband spoke to the manager who insisted it was a four star and my hubby replied he would not even give it a one star.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank yasminSunderland
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Although the room was clean, it was very impersonal. I also noticed that the passage leading to the rooms was not really clean and furniture full of dust. We could not open the window and had so sleep with the air con all the time because it was very hot. Communication was really a problem with the hotel staff, there was really no-one who could understand us or assist us in English.
Although the price is good, it is very far from centre of town and although you save on hotel expenses, transport to and from the hotel could easily have been utilised to a more "holiday friendly" environment.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We only stayed for 2 nights on our way to Phuket. The room was always nice and clean, but the beds were so hard and uncomfortable. Communication with most ofthe hotel staff was difficult and we got frustrated most of the time. It just felt very impersonal in comparison with our other hotels in Thailand. Also not too close to tourist areas as the one way streets make your trip longer than what you expect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChefNadiaRoux
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way to Pattaya to catch up with a friend in Bangkok. We stayed on the top floor in a nice modern room, clean and well kept my only worry was that we were right below the swimming pool on the roof. But at least it only took us a minute to walk to the pool in the morning for our daily swim before hitting the Bangkok heat. For £17 per night including breakfast, this hotel for what it offers is fantastic value. We had the basic double room which was plenty big enough for us and our luggage and to me everything in the room seemed quite new. Breakfast offered a good choice of both local and western styles with eggs cooked up for you by the chef, as you liked it. Although this hotel is classed as a 3 star in Bangkok, back in England for this price it would be a one star hotel. If indeed we have any hotels charging such a low price today! Even the YHA is more expensive than this place!
The Metro station is literally turn right out of the hotel and walk for a couple of minutes and you found it; 20 minutes later you are smack in the middle of Bangkok, so whilst the hotel is not downtown it does not take long to get there and when you are on holiday, isn't that half the fun. I would strongly suggest you get a day pass for the metro and plan your trips by cab/walking to any where you want to go using the metro stations along the line and for most places in Bangkok you can manage this using the metro but it also crosses over other railinks and Skytrain, if you need anywhere in particular not serviced by the metro. This worked very well for us when we went to the main Temples on the river and other trips, as it was straight to the end of the line and then negotiate with the tuk-tuk guys there for the final journey, much cheaper than a cab from the hotel and much quicker.
We did not eat at the hotel apart from breakfast but there is a very nice coffee shop on the ground floor which does a mean ice cold coffee, to set you up before hitting that Bangkok heat.
And when you come back from that day out in Bangkok there was nothing nicer than having a dip in the roof top pool with your ice cold coffee, looking out over the Bangkok Sunset.
Didn't see too many choice restaurants locally but a couple of stops down the line there were plenty to choose from and opposite the metro station near the hotel is a small night market which is worth a visit as it mainly caters for local people rather than tourists.
All in all I liked this place, good value, clean and staff in general were friendly and would I stay again...yes but it would be even better if it was slightly nearer to the city centre but then would it be less than £20 a night for two with breakfast?

Room Tip: I would recommend a higher floor and a room at the back as that is a very busy road 24/7 outside the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple