“Reccommend for business trip, as well as for a family vacation”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #28 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Piestany, Slovakia
“Reccommend for business trip, as well as for a family vacation”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at the facility in February 2011, with my son and two of his nannies... They had separate room, separate bathroom, so we also did... The spacious living room with the kitchenette was very handy.
The river view of the balcony was very sweet.
We have enjoyed also the swimming- pool as well as the restaurant.
Rooms were very clean, service very friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you very much for recommending us for both business and leisure and it is certainly pleasing to read that our services and facilities are appropriate for a mixture of both. I am also glad to hear you found our kitchenettes to be very handy and that our rooms are very clean and our service is very friendly.
Whether it be for business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Adrian Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,150)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a great hotel, which is part of a condo building. The rooms were a bargain at about $170 per night with tax. The reception area is beautiful and the check-in was quick and easy. The rooms were extremely nice. Great views of the city and the river. Nice sized two-bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with a well-equipped kitchen. The hotel has a beautiful pool that the kids really enjoyed during the afternoon in the Bangkok heat. One warning...do not turn off the A/C. We made that mistake one morning and the humidity and heat in the room was unbearable for the rest of the evening. The hotel is a bit far from the city; not within walking distance of anything really, but the cab fares are so cheap that it costs a few euros to travel throughout the city.

We had lunch at the sushi restaurant next door, and it was quite good, very fresh sushi. There is also a 7-11 on the premises, which is great for some quick snacks and sodas and for toiletries (very inexpensive).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful feedback on the two bedroom suite you stayed in and that you found it to be of great value, especially when considering the size of our suites. I am sorry to read of your air-conditioning problems and will certainly look into the issue as this is not how the system should operate.
I also noticed you had chosen to use taxis as your form of transport in and around Bangkok rather than our shuttle boat service to Taksin Pier where one can then use the BTS, which is perhaps the most effective transport system here.
Once again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback and I trust that the air-conditioning issue will not prevent you form coming back in the not too distant future.

Auckland
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed for 3 nights, with my 2 kids, in a triple room. The hotel can't be faulted on service, rooms or cleanliness. Perfect, generic, western hotel. I found a great deal through the internet on the room cost, however, everything else in the hotel is so expensive it's comical. I chose to eat in the hotel, even though it was stupidly expensive, because I thought it would be safer for my kids than eating 'local' food. Duh. And they were fine. I had shellfish from the buffet one evening and had the worst food poisoning of my life the next day. I spewed continuously on a flight to Samui, and then passed out in the taxi on the way to the hotel - which is obviously not ideal when traveling by myself with 2 children. I contacted Chatrium, but they never returned my email. So I'd say its an OK, bland place to stay but DON'T EAT THE FOOD.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank shellyjackandmolly
I am very sorry to hear that you were ill during your trip to Samui and that you beleive this was the result from eating shellfish from our River Barge Buffet. I am quite surprised to have read this as we are very diligent in the manner in which we handle all food tiems. We apply the international Haccap standards which are checked by senior management on a regular basis. This includes the temperature in which we receive, store and handle all potentially hazardous food items and where temperatures are regularly recorded, appropriate storage methods are applied and all items are dated and labelled. I am sure you would agree that there was evidence of this when you selected your seafood items, in that they were displayed on ice which ensures they are maintained at a temperature no higher than 4 degrees. May I also add that 34 other guests enjoyed our buffet while consuming 7.4 doz oysters, 22 slipper lobsters and 12.8 kg of river prawns whcih is aporoximately 63 prawns. Yet we have not received any other complaint.
I was also quite surprised to read you found everything else other than our room rates to be expensive and that you found eating to be stupidly expensive. I am therefore sorry to read that you found things like our buffet with items such as Oysters, large river Prawns, Slipper Lobster , prime Australian Beef, Sushi and Sashumi, to name a few at a price of 850 baht or $ 28.00 AUD for adults and 450 baht or $14.80 AUD per child to be expensive. I would also be interested to know whether you enjoyed our free flow of beer, wine and soft drinks with your buffet at 199.00 baht or $6.50 AUD per person. May I also suggest that our upgrade from city view to river view at 400 baht or $ 13.00 AUD is also not expensive. That being said, from guest feedback we found our internet charges were expensive and that guests were expecting it comlpimentary. Based on this , we have changed many of the packages available through our website by including this service within the rate.
Once again, I am sorry that yoru experience with us was not as pleasurable as you would have liked.

Reviewed 6 June 2011

Family of four, stayed four nights in a two-bed suite on 29th floor. Great hotel, fantastic pool, and staff without fail were friendly and smiley.
Concierge arranged a great trip to Ayutthaya, at half the price quoted by a tour company, and also recommended two great restaurants.
Great value, and quality compares favourably with some of the much more expensive alternatives in Bangkok.
Only one tiny issue, a temperamental wifi connection, but we're back for a night before returning to London, and are already looking forward to it!

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank Mara356
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Just a short note to say thank you for posting your wonderful comments about us. It is certainly great to read that you found us to be of great value and I trust the two bedroom suite was very comfortable as we do beleive there much room to move even when a family of four is staying in them.
I am sorry you found our Wi Fi connectivity a little tempremental but judging by your overall comments you have enjoyed staying with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 June 2011

though i was there on a buiness trip,i really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.the rooms we booked were river facing with private balcony and huge winows. the overall experience was awesom.the food quality was great and also the fittness center , massage and Swimming Pool were fab.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok and for the recognition that our food quality, Fitness center swimming pool and our Spa was great. It is also nice to know your overall experience was simply awesome.
Hoping your business trip was also a success, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Best regards

South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 3 June 2011

my family stayed there for 3 nights and i am extremely happy with the service! Although friends and even a tour guide good-naturedly joked about the fact that Chatrium Hotel is so "far" from the shopping areas of Siam Centre, MBK, etc, I felt that the service i received was worth the short journey daily into the town.

I would like to appreciate Miss Panida who was very attentive in assisting me during the check-in process. In particular, she was very efficient in helping me resolve the problem of the sourish smell emanating from the airconditioning of the room i was assigned to by changing me to another room without much fuss.

Will definitely stay there again when i return to Bangkok the next time!

Room Tip: Go ahead and pay a little more for the river view!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank timhsi
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 6 June 2011
Thank you very much for taking the trouble to post your comments about our hotel. I am quite concerned to have read you had to change rooms due to a smell in your original room and will certainly follow up on this with our executive Housekeeper and Engineer. That being said, I am please to know that the situation was handled in an appropriate manner and will make sure Khun Panida is recognised for the service she provided in our next general staff meeting. I also must thank you for recognising that we are in fact only a short journey away from the main shopping area of Bangkok and where guests can enjoy the best of both key aspects of Bangkok such as the main shopping area while enjoying staying on the Chao Phraya River.
Again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback an we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2011

My Husband and I stayed here for three nights in May and wish it had been longer.I have to agree with the other reviewers and say the extra for the riverview room is worth every cent. I found the room was large and clean and the bed very comfortable. My husband is a real fitness freak who goes to the gym 1-2 times a day even on holiday and he thought the gym was the best hotel gym he has used.

The staff were friendly and helpful, especially the concierge. The complimentary river shuttle is a nice touch from which you have easy access to ferries and the BTS which makes getting around Bangkok very easy. As many have mentioned the breakfast provides many options and is excellent.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to others and will more than likely stay here again when we return in a couple of months with our children.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank maddys_mum
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 3 June 2011
Just a short note to say thank you for all the wonderful comments you have made about us. I am so glad to read that you thought the upgrade to a river view was of real value and that our staff especially our concierge are friendly and helpful. I am also glad to read that your husband has found our Gym to be one of the best and that it has obviously satisfied his workout program.
I notice you are planning to come back in a couple of months with your family. Please, when you arrive can you ask one of our staff to call me as I would dearly like to thank you in person for the wonderful comments you have made about us.