“5* at 3* price well worth it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #27 of 849 Hotels in Bangkok
“5* at 3* price well worth it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Great hotel big suites and rooms!the location is the only thing that I would say would be a con but there is an all day free boat service that takes you to the subway and to the docks!great pool gym and breakfast too!def recommend!

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Many thanks for the wonderful comments you have posted on trip advisor. I am glad you have found our suites to be big as we also beleive our suites have plenty of room to move in.
I am sorry that you found our location to be a slight negative but appreciate your comments in that our complimentary shuttle boat service to the BTS that collectively will take you no more than 20 minutes to get to the shopping hub of Bangkok.
I am also glad to read you have rated both our breakfast and our gym highly and that you consider us to be of great value given your comment about being a 5 star hotel at 3 star prices.
Again, many thanks for the wonderful comments and I look forward to welcoming to back in the not too distant future.

Adrian Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,081)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

After reading the reviews on this website I booked a deluxe suite for four nights at the Chatrium Riverside hotel for my wife and I. This hotel is nice and the service so far has been excellent. No complaints, but for some reason I'm not finding it a very 'exciting' place. I was hoping to get a room with a riverside view, for one thing, but during check-in was told that a riverside view costs extra. The hotel has more of the feel of a high-end serviced apartment than a hotel in the true sense of the word. For a family or for a group of travelers I think this hotel is a very good choice. For a couple like ourselves hoping for a slightly more romantic and/or exciting feel in a hotel I think it may be better to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms with a riverside view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank abhig78
I very much appreciate your positive comments about us including our excellent service and that you had no complaints. Please allow me to clarify the extra cost for a river view. We have both city and river view rooms which are priced accordingly. For guests who have booked a city view room, at the point of check-in we offer an upgrade to a river view for only 400 baht ( U.S $13.00 ) For which the feedback is very positive from guests who choose to upgrade to a river view.
I gather from your comments you were looking for a more romantic stay ? This is certainly an oversight of ours as while we do provide honeymoon, family and business packages we have forgotten the needs of couples who are looking for a romantic experience. Be assured we will develop a package accordingly and given this will be a result of your feedback, please let me know your contact details as it would give me pleasure to invite you to be the first couple to enjoy our future romantic package.

Piestany, Slovakia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at the facility in February 2011, with my son and two of his nannies... They had separate room, separate bathroom, so we also did... The spacious living room with the kitchenette was very handy.
The river view of the balcony was very sweet.
We have enjoyed also the swimming- pool as well as the restaurant.
Rooms were very clean, service very friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for recommending us for both business and leisure and it is certainly pleasing to read that our services and facilities are appropriate for a mixture of both. I am also glad to hear you found our kitchenettes to be very handy and that our rooms are very clean and our service is very friendly.
Whether it be for business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Washington, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a great hotel, which is part of a condo building. The rooms were a bargain at about $170 per night with tax. The reception area is beautiful and the check-in was quick and easy. The rooms were extremely nice. Great views of the city and the river. Nice sized two-bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with a well-equipped kitchen. The hotel has a beautiful pool that the kids really enjoyed during the afternoon in the Bangkok heat. One warning...do not turn off the A/C. We made that mistake one morning and the humidity and heat in the room was unbearable for the rest of the evening. The hotel is a bit far from the city; not within walking distance of anything really, but the cab fares are so cheap that it costs a few euros to travel throughout the city.

We had lunch at the sushi restaurant next door, and it was quite good, very fresh sushi. There is also a 7-11 on the premises, which is great for some quick snacks and sodas and for toiletries (very inexpensive).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful feedback on the two bedroom suite you stayed in and that you found it to be of great value, especially when considering the size of our suites. I am sorry to read of your air-conditioning problems and will certainly look into the issue as this is not how the system should operate.
I also noticed you had chosen to use taxis as your form of transport in and around Bangkok rather than our shuttle boat service to Taksin Pier where one can then use the BTS, which is perhaps the most effective transport system here.
Once again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback and I trust that the air-conditioning issue will not prevent you form coming back in the not too distant future.

Auckland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed for 3 nights, with my 2 kids, in a triple room. The hotel can't be faulted on service, rooms or cleanliness. Perfect, generic, western hotel. I found a great deal through the internet on the room cost, however, everything else in the hotel is so expensive it's comical. I chose to eat in the hotel, even though it was stupidly expensive, because I thought it would be safer for my kids than eating 'local' food. Duh. And they were fine. I had shellfish from the buffet one evening and had the worst food poisoning of my life the next day. I spewed continuously on a flight to Samui, and then passed out in the taxi on the way to the hotel - which is obviously not ideal when traveling by myself with 2 children. I contacted Chatrium, but they never returned my email. So I'd say its an OK, bland place to stay but DON'T EAT THE FOOD.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank shellyjackandmolly
I am very sorry to hear that you were ill during your trip to Samui and that you beleive this was the result from eating shellfish from our River Barge Buffet. I am quite surprised to have read this as we are very diligent in the manner in which we handle all food tiems. We apply the international Haccap standards which are checked by senior management on a regular basis. This includes the temperature in which we receive, store and handle all potentially hazardous food items and where temperatures are regularly recorded, appropriate storage methods are applied and all items are dated and labelled. I am sure you would agree that there was evidence of this when you selected your seafood items, in that they were displayed on ice which ensures they are maintained at a temperature no higher than 4 degrees. May I also add that 34 other guests enjoyed our buffet while consuming 7.4 doz oysters, 22 slipper lobsters and 12.8 kg of river prawns whcih is aporoximately 63 prawns. Yet we have not received any other complaint.
I was also quite surprised to read you found everything else other than our room rates to be expensive and that you found eating to be stupidly expensive. I am therefore sorry to read that you found things like our buffet with items such as Oysters, large river Prawns, Slipper Lobster , prime Australian Beef, Sushi and Sashumi, to name a few at a price of 850 baht or $ 28.00 AUD for adults and 450 baht or $14.80 AUD per child to be expensive. I would also be interested to know whether you enjoyed our free flow of beer, wine and soft drinks with your buffet at 199.00 baht or $6.50 AUD per person. May I also suggest that our upgrade from city view to river view at 400 baht or $ 13.00 AUD is also not expensive. That being said, from guest feedback we found our internet charges were expensive and that guests were expecting it comlpimentary. Based on this , we have changed many of the packages available through our website by including this service within the rate.
Once again, I am sorry that yoru experience with us was not as pleasurable as you would have liked.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

Family of four, stayed four nights in a two-bed suite on 29th floor. Great hotel, fantastic pool, and staff without fail were friendly and smiley.
Concierge arranged a great trip to Ayutthaya, at half the price quoted by a tour company, and also recommended two great restaurants.
Great value, and quality compares favourably with some of the much more expensive alternatives in Bangkok.
Only one tiny issue, a temperamental wifi connection, but we're back for a night before returning to London, and are already looking forward to it!

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank Mara356
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Just a short note to say thank you for posting your wonderful comments about us. It is certainly great to read that you found us to be of great value and I trust the two bedroom suite was very comfortable as we do beleive there much room to move even when a family of four is staying in them.
I am sorry you found our Wi Fi connectivity a little tempremental but judging by your overall comments you have enjoyed staying with us.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2011

though i was there on a buiness trip,i really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.the rooms we booked were river facing with private balcony and huge winows. the overall experience was awesom.the food quality was great and also the fittness center , massage and Swimming Pool were fab.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about the Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok and for the recognition that our food quality, Fitness center swimming pool and our Spa was great. It is also nice to know your overall experience was simply awesome.
Hoping your business trip was also a success, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.