“Great stay-exceeded our expectations”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #28 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
littleton
“Great stay-exceeded our expectations”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

The location, hotel riverboat to the main dock, size of the room, amazing breakfast and service from the staff were all top notch and far exceeded our expectations. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bangkok and plan to stay again on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank VegabondMom
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Many thanks for giving us a great reveiw. I am so glad to read you have considered our location, shuttle boat service, the size of our rooms, our breakfast and level of service to be of an amazing standard.
Once again, many thanks for the comments and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Adrian Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,150)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We really enjoyed our five nights stay in the Chatrium Hotel. It’s a top class establishment, very conveniently located on Bangkok’s Chao Phraya river. Observing boat travel on the river was fascinating and the hotel has its own frequent boat shuttle service to the Sky Light train (Taksin Station). The position of the hotel on the river was also an excellent entrée to using Bangkok’s extensive water transportation system. The swimming pool was wonderful, especially at twilight when the views of Bangkok were stupendous. Returning to the calm of the Chatrium after a day spent in the always hectic city was always very welcome. We should also mention the magnificent breakfasts (included in the price). We strongly recommend this hotel and its always extremely helpful and graceful staff.

Room Tip: As high as possible for the best views.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MinouBoston
Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful comments and I am glad you have enjoyed staying with us. Also glad to read you have enjoyed staying on the vibrant Chao Phraya river and that you found our location to be very convinient. I will certainly pass on your comments about our breakfast to our chefs and highlight your wonderful comments about our service.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 15 June 2011

Great hotel big suites and rooms!the location is the only thing that I would say would be a con but there is an all day free boat service that takes you to the subway and to the docks!great pool gym and breakfast too!def recommend!

• Stayed June 2011
Many thanks for the wonderful comments you have posted on trip advisor. I am glad you have found our suites to be big as we also beleive our suites have plenty of room to move in.
I am sorry that you found our location to be a slight negative but appreciate your comments in that our complimentary shuttle boat service to the BTS that collectively will take you no more than 20 minutes to get to the shopping hub of Bangkok.
I am also glad to read you have rated both our breakfast and our gym highly and that you consider us to be of great value given your comment about being a 5 star hotel at 3 star prices.
Again, many thanks for the wonderful comments and I look forward to welcoming to back in the not too distant future.

Best regards

Melbourne
Reviewed 14 June 2011

After reading the reviews on this website I booked a deluxe suite for four nights at the Chatrium Riverside hotel for my wife and I. This hotel is nice and the service so far has been excellent. No complaints, but for some reason I'm not finding it a very 'exciting' place. I was hoping to get a room with a riverside view, for one thing, but during check-in was told that a riverside view costs extra. The hotel has more of the feel of a high-end serviced apartment than a hotel in the true sense of the word. For a family or for a group of travelers I think this hotel is a very good choice. For a couple like ourselves hoping for a slightly more romantic and/or exciting feel in a hotel I think it may be better to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Rooms with a riverside view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank abhig78
I very much appreciate your positive comments about us including our excellent service and that you had no complaints. Please allow me to clarify the extra cost for a river view. We have both city and river view rooms which are priced accordingly. For guests who have booked a city view room, at the point of check-in we offer an upgrade to a river view for only 400 baht ( U.S $13.00 ) For which the feedback is very positive from guests who choose to upgrade to a river view.
I gather from your comments you were looking for a more romantic stay ? This is certainly an oversight of ours as while we do provide honeymoon, family and business packages we have forgotten the needs of couples who are looking for a romantic experience. Be assured we will develop a package accordingly and given this will be a result of your feedback, please let me know your contact details as it would give me pleasure to invite you to be the first couple to enjoy our future romantic package.

Piestany, Slovakia
Reviewed 14 June 2011

We stayed at the facility in February 2011, with my son and two of his nannies... They had separate room, separate bathroom, so we also did... The spacious living room with the kitchenette was very handy.
The river view of the balcony was very sweet.
We have enjoyed also the swimming- pool as well as the restaurant.
Rooms were very clean, service very friendly.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you very much for recommending us for both business and leisure and it is certainly pleasing to read that our services and facilities are appropriate for a mixture of both. I am also glad to hear you found our kitchenettes to be very handy and that our rooms are very clean and our service is very friendly.
Whether it be for business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Washington, Virginia
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This is a great hotel, which is part of a condo building. The rooms were a bargain at about $170 per night with tax. The reception area is beautiful and the check-in was quick and easy. The rooms were extremely nice. Great views of the city and the river. Nice sized two-bedroom/2 bathroom apartment with a well-equipped kitchen. The hotel has a beautiful pool that the kids really enjoyed during the afternoon in the Bangkok heat. One warning...do not turn off the A/C. We made that mistake one morning and the humidity and heat in the room was unbearable for the rest of the evening. The hotel is a bit far from the city; not within walking distance of anything really, but the cab fares are so cheap that it costs a few euros to travel throughout the city.

We had lunch at the sushi restaurant next door, and it was quite good, very fresh sushi. There is also a 7-11 on the premises, which is great for some quick snacks and sodas and for toiletries (very inexpensive).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Just a short note to say thank you for your wonderful feedback on the two bedroom suite you stayed in and that you found it to be of great value, especially when considering the size of our suites. I am sorry to read of your air-conditioning problems and will certainly look into the issue as this is not how the system should operate.
I also noticed you had chosen to use taxis as your form of transport in and around Bangkok rather than our shuttle boat service to Taksin Pier where one can then use the BTS, which is perhaps the most effective transport system here.
Once again, many thanks for your wonderful feedback and I trust that the air-conditioning issue will not prevent you form coming back in the not too distant future.

Auckland
Reviewed 8 June 2011

I stayed for 3 nights, with my 2 kids, in a triple room. The hotel can't be faulted on service, rooms or cleanliness. Perfect, generic, western hotel. I found a great deal through the internet on the room cost, however, everything else in the hotel is so expensive it's comical. I chose to eat in the hotel, even though it was stupidly expensive, because I thought it would be safer for my kids than eating 'local' food. Duh. And they were fine. I had shellfish from the buffet one evening and had the worst food poisoning of my life the next day. I spewed continuously on a flight to Samui, and then passed out in the taxi on the way to the hotel - which is obviously not ideal when traveling by myself with 2 children. I contacted Chatrium, but they never returned my email. So I'd say its an OK, bland place to stay but DON'T EAT THE FOOD.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank shellyjackandmolly
I am very sorry to hear that you were ill during your trip to Samui and that you beleive this was the result from eating shellfish from our River Barge Buffet. I am quite surprised to have read this as we are very diligent in the manner in which we handle all food tiems. We apply the international Haccap standards which are checked by senior management on a regular basis. This includes the temperature in which we receive, store and handle all potentially hazardous food items and where temperatures are regularly recorded, appropriate storage methods are applied and all items are dated and labelled. I am sure you would agree that there was evidence of this when you selected your seafood items, in that they were displayed on ice which ensures they are maintained at a temperature no higher than 4 degrees. May I also add that 34 other guests enjoyed our buffet while consuming 7.4 doz oysters, 22 slipper lobsters and 12.8 kg of river prawns whcih is aporoximately 63 prawns. Yet we have not received any other complaint.
I was also quite surprised to read you found everything else other than our room rates to be expensive and that you found eating to be stupidly expensive. I am therefore sorry to read that you found things like our buffet with items such as Oysters, large river Prawns, Slipper Lobster , prime Australian Beef, Sushi and Sashumi, to name a few at a price of 850 baht or $ 28.00 AUD for adults and 450 baht or $14.80 AUD per child to be expensive. I would also be interested to know whether you enjoyed our free flow of beer, wine and soft drinks with your buffet at 199.00 baht or $6.50 AUD per person. May I also suggest that our upgrade from city view to river view at 400 baht or $ 13.00 AUD is also not expensive. That being said, from guest feedback we found our internet charges were expensive and that guests were expecting it comlpimentary. Based on this , we have changed many of the packages available through our website by including this service within the rate.
Once again, I am sorry that yoru experience with us was not as pleasurable as you would have liked.