“Excellent”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #27 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed at Chatrium for New Year's 2011. Upon arrival I was treated with personal attention and very professionally. The room I had was river facing on the 32d floor. Excellent view, very spacious and tidy. A river taxi dock is adjacent to the hotel which makes things very convenient; and it is only a short walk from an open-air market. If I ever return to Bangkok, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Just a short note to say thank you for the very positive comments you have given us during your stay over the New Year period and we are so pleased to know that we will be able to welcome you back to the Chatrium the next time you are travelling to Bangkok.

Adrian Brown

Write a ReviewReviews (8,419)

Reviewed 29 June 2011

No doubt that the strongest point of Chatrium is the view, especially based on the price. We were upgraded to a suite, which provided us a view of the river. The room was on a corner, so our bedroom had two large window views. We were on the 10th floor, and the view was wonderful even from that location.

Now, there were some issues with this hotel, but I considered them minor. One was the room design. Some parts of it were really odd. A desk that was too high to work at with such a low chair. Who wants blinds for a shower? Also, free Internet was included, but for only one laptop. The second laptop requires an additional fee. That is a first for my travels.

The breakfast buffet was okay. It is probably better than most, but the quality seemed to lack based on the price of the hotel. The pool was nice. A bonus was the exercise room. It was a decent size, but the machines and weights they had were a good quality. I did not have much interaction with the staff, but they seemed polite and checkout was very easy and quick with no confusion.

Lastly, the location on the Bangkok side of the river, but you still need to take their river boat to get to the Saphan Taksin BTS stop. This could be a 20 or 30 minute wait, so it might be easier to pay three dollars and have a cab drive you to the BTS stop. This hotel is also fairly close to Chinatown, which is worth a visit to see the shops and street life.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors and a river view
1  Thank Vandalay_Industries

Many thanks for your detailed comments you have posted and while I am very happy to read you have enjoyed your stay, I am also dissapointed that we have not met your expectations in some areas and for this, please accept my most sincere apologies.
I am so pleased you find the pricing of our rooms with their views to be of great value, while I will certainly look at the height of the desk to the chair height and only allowing one user per time for our complimentary wireless internet service.
if you have a moment, I would be very interested to know more about the things you found to be rather odd so if you do have some time please drop me an email at adrian.bro@chatrium.com
Trusting that your overall impression was very positive, I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Gorgeous hotel, good location - free shuttle boat service to a central station, included breakfast was brilliant, excellent place for a luxury stay in bangkok to escape to after a day / night exploring.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments you have made about us. I am glad you found our shuttle boat service convenient and equally pleased you have spent time exploring Bangkok as there is so much to see and do here.
I also very much appreciate the recognition of our staff and the service they provide and you can be assured I will pass on these comments to them at our next general staff meeting.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in th not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed in Chatrium Hotel Riverside for three nights as part of a one week escape to Thailand. The Hotel is well located and the rooms have stunning views of the river.

The breakfasts are amazing (as I think has already been mentioned by other reviewers. the hotel has a river shuttle service to take you to the BTS and the Bangkok is your oyster.

We wre lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, with excellent appointments, just luxury. The hotel has lots of palces to eat and drink and even has a 7/11 on site.

All-in-all a graet choice.

1  Thank Guy K

Just a quick note to say thank you for the wonderful comments you have posted and we are so pleased to read you consider us to be a great choice and that you found our breakfast to be amazing.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 23 June 2011

In my last trip to Bangkok in February I stayed at the Hilton millennium hotel suite costing about £150 pounds, The service was OK but due to their carelessness we missed our valentine dinner cruise as no one came to pick us up.

So I changed the hotel in my last trip in June and stayed at the Chatrium and I was amazed from the time I entered the hotel. I stayed at Grand Suite river view and was amazed at the value I was getting compare to the Hilton. I paid half the price for the service and comfort far more superior to the Hilton. The room is very spacious and the balcony is a bonus for great view of the river. In Hilton you only get waist height window where here its floor to ceiling glass window for superb view and a very large comfortable living room and a small kitchen if you fancy cooking.

The buffet breakfast was well served for all tastes and the staff are great, specially the head waiter who lent me his mobile phone to call a hotel in Hua Hin. The staff are great asset to the hotel and very friendly and helpful. Don't miss to try great tasting pastry at the lounge cafe and they sell exquisite chocolates packed in exclusive gift boxes. I wanted to try the rooftop Chinese restaurant but didn't have the chance. I looked at comments from other guests on this site and most of the comments have a reply from General manager of the hotel which shows he cares about his guests and their views.

Overall we had a great stay and going to stay there again during our next trip in July. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Its worth paying extra for the river view rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Niz2wiz
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2011

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and I am glad to hear you had a great stay. Thank you also for giving recognition to our staff who, like in any organisation, are your greatest asset and be assured they will certainly get recognition for this. I am also glad you found our suites to be comfortabe and would certainly agree, the river views are quite something.
I take note that you will be returning in July so please, when you arrive please ask one of our guest service officers to call me as would like to say thank you in person.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

The service at this hotel was very pleasant and friendly. We had a problem with our room lock and as a result were upgraded to a lovely suite on the 23rd floor. The views from the hotel were lovely. The buffet breakfast was well presented in a very pretty setting . There was a great variety of foods available catering to all tastes. The pool was fabulous -- long enough for lengths and with an infinity edge overlooking the river.

The location is not very convenient for shopping or restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

I am sorry to read you had a problem with your door lock whcih I have to admit happens form time to time. That being said, I was so happy to read the staff has handled the situation well and that it did not spoil your stay with us. Thank you also for the wonderful comments you have made about our buffet with its ability to cater for all tastes and that you found our pool to be quite something.
All being well, we look forward to seeing you back at the Chatrium Hotel Riverside bangkok in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

we stayed here for three nights for our honeymoon in this beautiful hotel. i had booked the deluxe river view rooms but at the time of check-in i was told that we have been upgraded to the the junior one bedroom suite with the river view.The suites are impeccable with all the facilities like two LCD's and a kitchenette.we were on the the 18th floor and trust me the view from the gallery is simply stunning. you will be spoilt by the luxury of the hotel.
shuttel boat service to taksin pier is complimentry and is very convenient for travelling around bangkok city via BTS and to see the temples via express boat service.
i would certainly recommend this hotel for honeymoon couples as well as business travellers. as it is a decent and quiet property. also a 7/11 and starbucks in the premises is a big plus.kudos to the stuff for the cleanliness and the warmth in hospitality.