Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
US$129
US$181
US$171
9,012 results
All reviewsriver viewshuttle boatbarge restaurantgrand suitefree boatchao phraya riverlarge balconyboat servicehotel boatsaphan taksinbreakfast buffetone bedroom suitetop floorexcellent hotelgreat poolthe hotel offerswelcome drink
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Both the location and the service was excellent. We had a reservation for a double, but by the time we arrived all the doubles were full. They upgraded us at not cost to a junior suite on the 18th floor with a river view. This is one of the very nicest hotels I have stayed at. The morning buffet was excellent too. Because we were off season, the prices were quite good too.

Room Tip: river side
Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jimily
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback and for the wonderful comments you have provided. I am so glad you found our location and service to be excellent and that it has been the nicest hotel you have stayed in. It is also nice to know that you also see us as being of great value as this is certainly how we want to be recognised for.
Once again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 30 June 2011

Stayed at Chatrium for New Year's 2011. Upon arrival I was treated with personal attention and very professionally. The room I had was river facing on the 32d floor. Excellent view, very spacious and tidy. A river taxi dock is adjacent to the hotel which makes things very convenient; and it is only a short walk from an open-air market. If I ever return to Bangkok, I'll be staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Just a short note to say thank you for the very positive comments you have given us during your stay over the New Year period and we are so pleased to know that we will be able to welcome you back to the Chatrium the next time you are travelling to Bangkok.

Reviewed 29 June 2011

No doubt that the strongest point of Chatrium is the view, especially based on the price. We were upgraded to a suite, which provided us a view of the river. The room was on a corner, so our bedroom had two large window views. We were on the 10th floor, and the view was wonderful even from that location.

Now, there were some issues with this hotel, but I considered them minor. One was the room design. Some parts of it were really odd. A desk that was too high to work at with such a low chair. Who wants blinds for a shower? Also, free Internet was included, but for only one laptop. The second laptop requires an additional fee. That is a first for my travels.

The breakfast buffet was okay. It is probably better than most, but the quality seemed to lack based on the price of the hotel. The pool was nice. A bonus was the exercise room. It was a decent size, but the machines and weights they had were a good quality. I did not have much interaction with the staff, but they seemed polite and checkout was very easy and quick with no confusion.

Lastly, the location on the Bangkok side of the river, but you still need to take their river boat to get to the Saphan Taksin BTS stop. This could be a 20 or 30 minute wait, so it might be easier to pay three dollars and have a cab drive you to the BTS stop. This hotel is also fairly close to Chinatown, which is worth a visit to see the shops and street life.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floors and a river view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vandalay_Industries

Many thanks for your detailed comments you have posted and while I am very happy to read you have enjoyed your stay, I am also dissapointed that we have not met your expectations in some areas and for this, please accept my most sincere apologies.
I am so pleased you find the pricing of our rooms with their views to be of great value, while I will certainly look at the height of the desk to the chair height and only allowing one user per time for our complimentary wireless internet service.
if you have a moment, I would be very interested to know more about the things you found to be rather odd so if you do have some time please drop me an email at adrian.bro@chatrium.com
Trusting that your overall impression was very positive, I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Gorgeous hotel, good location - free shuttle boat service to a central station, included breakfast was brilliant, excellent place for a luxury stay in bangkok to escape to after a day / night exploring.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for all the wonderful comments you have made about us. I am glad you found our shuttle boat service convenient and equally pleased you have spent time exploring Bangkok as there is so much to see and do here.
I also very much appreciate the recognition of our staff and the service they provide and you can be assured I will pass on these comments to them at our next general staff meeting.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in th not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 June 2011

We stayed in Chatrium Hotel Riverside for three nights as part of a one week escape to Thailand. The Hotel is well located and the rooms have stunning views of the river.

The breakfasts are amazing (as I think has already been mentioned by other reviewers. the hotel has a river shuttle service to take you to the BTS and the Bangkok is your oyster.

We wre lucky enough to be upgraded to a suite, with excellent appointments, just luxury. The hotel has lots of palces to eat and drink and even has a 7/11 on site.

All-in-all a graet choice.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guy K

Just a quick note to say thank you for the wonderful comments you have posted and we are so pleased to read you consider us to be a great choice and that you found our breakfast to be amazing.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
Yours sincerely