“Perfect as and our second home”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #28 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Perfect as and our second home”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Been here for 3 times and never write anything, this trip is absolutely perfect as always. Our flight was early than our check in time (noon) and of course, room is not yet raedy but staff has accomodate us well at the pool and come from time to time to let contact us with refreshment and advise us of how long does it take ? room is finsihed before noon and we get an upgarded to Suite because they are fully booked.
Concierge is the best and they advised and helped us to book many of restaurants in bangkok for me and my family. Front Desk is helpful and friendly and assisting us to arrange breakfast served by room service on our last day with early morning flight.
Pool is great and staff are all attentive. In general our family are very happy with this hotel (first time for them) and my kids asked me to bring him back again here in mid 2013. The only downside is the wifi in the room that real weak and always disconnect.

Room Tip: Suite with river view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,150)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 24 February 2013

First of all, it’s nice to have shuttle boat to BTS station from hotel. It really feels like staying Bangkok liver side. Variety breakfast. Good Wi-Fi connection, simple and nice quiet room. Easy to access BTS, express boat.
One of hotels we would like to stay again.

Room Tip: liver side view
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Cool and contemporary, this hotel was everything we wanted. Upgraded to a suite on 26th floor, the view was spectacular across the city and the night skyline breathtaking from the glass walled room. Riverside location made sightseeing a breeze with courtesy water taxi from hotel to sky train pier running every half hour and plenty to watch from hotel terrace bar. Good choice of food and great coffee made breakfast a pleasurable start to the day.

• Stayed February 2013
liverpool
Reviewed 24 February 2013

located on the river .great veiws.good service helpfull staff everything you want in a bangkok hotel.little off the beaten track but with a frequent boat service to the BTS and plenty of taxis not a problem .decent sized rooms with huge beds.very good breakfast choice .Evening buffet was exellent value and very good quality thai indian chinese and european food .look forward to a return visit

Room Tip: river view if possible get a high floor
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We was greeted nicely and and after a fast check-in we were shown to our room, the Grand Room. It was nice, had a beautiful view and was spaciuos. Breakfast was great and the pool area was nice.
During the night I became really ill, so we called the front desk asking for a doctor which they arranged for us quickly even though it was in the middle of the night. The doctor threated me but I didn´t get any better so later the hotels Room Manager arrenged a car to takr me to one of the biggest hospitals in Bangkok. When I arrived at the emergency room I was greeted by the chief doctor there, which was the doctor that had been in my hotelroom earlier. (The hotel arranged the chief doctor at the ER of a big hospital to come to my hotelroom in the middle of the night!)
This incident lead to that we missed our flight home to Sweden the same day as I got hospitalized for 24 hours, so we extended our stay an extra night. The front desk even offered to contact our airline to book us on a lated flight.
And when I later returned to the hotel, the Room Manager had upgraded my family to a 120 squaremeters 2-bedroom Suite overlooking the river and my wife had got a BIG boquett of nice flowers!
The Room Manager checked up on us several times just to see how I was feeling and they went out of their way to make us feel at home!
The hotel is really nice and the service is worldclass!!! We will definately get back!!!
We stayed at Chatrium Riverside in january 2011.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nelliot_Sweden
Cork
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and friend for 2 nights. Can't fault at all. Friendly staff, amazing views. Very affordable and ample Tuk Tuks for transporting into Papong.
We didn't eat in the hotel but the pool was lovely and ample sun loungers and staff ready to assist promptly.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Corky08
Bangkok
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed in Chatrium for just one night with my son for a 'city break' in Bangkok. We had a one bedroom river view room. The beds were comfortable, the room very quiet and we had a great time just looking at the view and watching the river barges go by. The separate bedroom and living room meant that my son could get up in the morning and watch TV while I had a much needed sleep-in!

I had a massage in the room which was convenient, but not quite as good as I was expecting based on other reviews. The pool was clean and big although it was quite windy the day we were there so we didn't swim for too long.

We took the river boats to Asiatique night market - not the most direct way as it means taking the Chatrium barge in the opposite direction to get to the boat station and then taking the Asiatique river taxi to the market. However, we took the boats as it was fun for my son - way better than getting stuck in traffic on a busy Bangkok road.

The breakfast buffet was fantastic - in fact, one of the best ranges I've seen. Unfortunately some of the other food I ordered off of the menu while I was there wasn't as nice (the Caesar salad was the worst I've ever had!) but I did not mind to much as food credits were included in the package I bought so I didn't feel I wasted my money too much.

The late check-out time (we could have right up until midnight if we wanted!) was perfect for a city break. We bought items from the bakery in the lobby on the way out (half price due to the end of the day clearance) and I took them back home for breakfast the next morning - yum!

A great place to stay The spacious rooms make the Chatrium a great place to stay for families or friends sharing a room.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family