“Value For Money Lodgings”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #29 of 858 Hotels in Bangkok
Bombay
“Value For Money Lodgings”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were were for a weekend in May 2013.
The hotel is located on the river and has a very frequent boat service to the BTS station about 10mins away (in fact, if you want to get to the royal palace etc...., one get off at the same stop as that for the BTS station and catch a water taxi which will get you there in about 20 odd minutes if I remember right). Bangkok road traffic can suck and the waterway proved to be a much more dependable means of transport
The rooms are large with a comfortable bathroom. We had taken a river facing room and the view was always interesting
Breakfast has a lot of options including chinese, Indian and the regular continental stuff. Was quite a welcome break after the sparse breakfasts one is served in Europe
The pool is huge and the guys also sent us a complimentary birthday cake as it was our wedding anniversary...
The hotel is situated on a very well known road and hence is a taxi driver's delight. Insist on travelling by meter the very first time you travel so that you get a fair idea of the actual costs That way you can estimate whether you are being fleeced or not when a cabbie tells u a fixed sum stating bad traffic etc.
All in all a large, business hotel which can service even a family/couple's needs
Cheers
T

Room Tip: River facing rooms are much much better than the city facing ones
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tanyasdrive
gmchatrium, General Manager at Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Cheers to your wonderful description of your stay back in May as well for the recognition of being value for money. I am also glad to see you have enjoyed the variety of food we have available on our breakfast buffet and I can only concur with you that it is a wonderful experience doing some sightseeing via river taxis as well as being a time saver what with the traffic at certain times in Bangkok.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Adrian Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,136)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
cranbrook, bc, canada
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Great Location. Very friendly staff. This is my 9th trip for business to Thailand and I believe this to be the best value for your money in Bangkok. Room, food, pool, access to BTS, 5 minute walk to street vendors, Starbucks close by (is that a positive/), 7-11 close by for those forgotten items. Staff that speaks English very well. Will return again next year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the lovely feedback and for the recognition of having friendly staff and that we are the best value for money here in Bangkok. It has always been our aim to provide a level of service that is super user friendly and to be recognised as being great value for money, so again, many many thanks for the recognition.
Taking note you plan to return next year and as a repeat guest, please do drop me an email to adrian.bro@chatrium.com as it would be a pleasure in providing you with a preferred room rate.

Bangkok
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Located in the wonderful Chaophraya River bend of Bangkok , lovely scene sunset and sun rising. Lovely wonderful Shuttle BOAT!!! Be Warned for CAR!!! best time to travel there after 21.00 after jammed From famous tourist point ASIATIQUE , Once checked into the room , it's big room for the price , clean , bathroom and bathtub is alright , bed is caused my backache , due to bend mattress Nice big serviced apartment type room.
International breakfast including Indian !! , all hostess were with friendly smile on their faces , keep asking for filling up for coffee and tea all time , such a lovely serviced mind. Street food vendor in the morning is great for noodle , Chinese style local street vendor , such a lovely cuisine and lovely style when it comes to mixed culture between Thai and Chinese .

For the area ,it pier area for commercials and trading from old time until now. Crowed but kind of beautiful eastern lifestyle scene .

Coming back ? --Hmmmm , preferable looking around others for same price .
Khobkhun ka

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sexyychic
It is certainly nice to know you have enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for the feedback. I am very sorry we have not convinced you to return and that you would like to try other hotels at a similar price. That said, I would be very interested to hear your comparison when you stay in another similar hotel as it is always our aim to be the best value for money here in Bangkok. Please, when you do have any feedback don't hesitate to email me on adrian.bro@chatrium.com
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

best wishes
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms = amazing: huge and clean.
staff = amazing: helpful and friendly.
location = great (free shuttle boat to main pier for connection to sky train and river boats)
food = great we tried the pool bar and had dinner by the river both really good food and value.
pool = beautiful and relaxing.
we used the spa in the 2nd tower next door and it was a great way to unwind after a 12hr flight.
the 7eleven in the 3rd tower is really handy.
i would recomend this hotel to everyone i know it was pure bliss, im allready planning to return with my family :)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank franckeiss23
Just a quick note to say thank you very much for your wonderful comments and picking up that you plan to return with your family, when you have arranged the dates please drop me an email to adrian.bro@chatrium.com as it would be a pleasure in making some special arrangements for you and your family.
Looking forward to welcoming you back next year but in the meantime , I look forward to liaising with you through email.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was really surprised by this hotel. It was really cheap but it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Rooms are huge, service is great, location is pretty great too. There are private boats all day that take you to other piers and subway stations. Hotel felt luxurious and clean, and the rooftop pool is very good. Excellent cost-benefit.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Larissa B
As a 5 star hotel along the river, we are certainly not the cheapest but we do pride ourselves on being the best value for money here in Bangkok. The price one pays verses the size of our rooms and suites combined with the level of natural warm and friendly service is certainly second to none and many thanks for the recognition.
Please, when next travelling to Bangkok please do drop me a note to adrian.bro@chatrium.com

san diego
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I read such great reviews about the Chatrium, that I booked my first few days in Bangkok there. I reserved a much upgrade suite and requested two beds, as I was traveling with my son. When we arrived, the room was a single bed and we were told it did not include breakfast. We were moved to a different room, but as with the first one we were taken to, the white sofa was badly stained. The bathroom also had dark spots that looked moldy in the shower. Still, the room had a spectacular view and the beds were very comfortable. In general, the room seemed clean, but a little used.
Other positives include a really nice breakfast buffet (which we paid for separately at about $20 each). The Executive Chef was very wise about the offerings and I couldn't ask for anything more. The ferry was easy to take and the staff was quite good. I would recommend this hotel as a great value, but the rooms could use a little more attention.

Room Tip: Get a top floor with a river view.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank labonnevie
I am very sorry we did not meet your expectations in some areas of cleaning within your suite and for the issue about the twin beds and for this, please accept my most sincere apologies. Rarely does one find any positives after such experiences yet you have kindly recognised us as being of great value and that you would continue to recommend us and for this I have to say thank you to you.
Wanting to show that we are much better than your recent experience would suggest, the next time you are travelling to Bangkok, please drop me an email to adrian.bro@chatrium.com as it would be a pleasure in having you back as my guest.

Yours sincerely

Providenciales, TCI, BWI
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Itravel about 40,000 miles a year and while this hotel is O.K it certainly does not stand out in a crowd. I guess it depends what your expectations are. I had a one bedroom suite on the 32nd floor. The bedroom carpet had a few stains. The room amenities were very good. The executive club had very limited nibbles and drinks were on the low order of merit, Johnny Walker Red label. The restaurant downstairs offered a filet steak ordered medium. When it arrived it was well done and it literally could not be cut with the knife I had. The knife was exchanged for another one to no avail. I am not saying the hotel is bad just not up to my expectations. There has got to be a lot better on offer in Bangkok.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TJS32
I am terribly sorry that we have not met your expectations and for this , please accept my most sincere apologies. The attention to detail in terms of our cleanliness was obviously not there as well as the attention of understanding how you had requested your steak to be cooked.
This is certainly not a level of service we want to be recognised for and again, my most sincere apologies.
Knowing we are better than that and wanting an opportunity to demonstrate this, please do drop me a note to adrian.bro@chatrium.com as it would be an absolute pleasure in welcoming you back as my guest and I look forward to the day I am able to do this.

Yours sincerely