“Lovely place”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #30 of 891 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I wasnt sure what to expect going by what earlier reviewers said (especially the lower ratings) but Chatruim was a very good place to stay as far as im concerned. The taxi driver at the airport didnt know where it was but he called some one and after that he drove us straight to it, i was surprised by how large it is, check in was quick and efficient - we upgraded to a river view from a city view (river view is so worth it, dont even think twice about changing to river view). The rooms are big and spacious, not sure why the rooms need a kitchen in them (cant see any one cooking own meals while on holiday in bangkok) but the rooms are clean, we had a balcony so we could sit and watch the busy river and the view again as i said was the special feature. The breakfast was good - not great but good, they have chinese, thai, continental fare - something for everyone, and the restaurant is right by the river. The free riverboat service to the nearest ferry is a good touch, nearly all the hotels on the river seem to have them. nearby is the asiatic mall (just a walk away) where you can have dinner etc if required. the concierge helped me book a taxi to the tiger temple in Kanchanaburi - its cheaper rather than booking the tours offered on the internet etc. To summerize its a lovely hotel, more than expected, not a fancy established 5 star but a great place to stay right on the river and at the right price, we'd definitely come back to Chatrium.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,570)

Reviewed 23 April 2014

From the moment of airport transfer until we left excellent.Travelling with Family & Friend 4 of whom had never been to Thailand let alone Bangkok.They were awestruck at the service ,friendliness , of all the staff form Gardeners,housekeeping ,pool,reception.
Rooms simple but more than adequate, main thing was no mould around shower ares.
Ease of transport to Asiatique, MBK,all areas accessible .
Breakfast excellent. Infinity Pool blew my friends away ,we were at the start of my 70 th Birthday celebrations that concluded in Phuket,this was a great start will make ChatriumRiverside my stop over in Bangkokagain for 3 nights
Once again" Chatrium Team" thank you from us all
Cheers Bazzaboy 66
PS we received Riverview upgrade because of 3 night stay

Room Tip: We were on 32 nd Fl great views
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We have just returned from a holiday to Thailand which started out at the Chatrium Hotel. My husband and two children had a river view two bedroom suite. Everything at this hotel is excellent from the accommodation to the view right through to the pool and food. We only had 2 nights and this was our first time in Bangkok. The Chatrium made the whole experience awesome. Caught the free shuttle to the main pier than went on to the Grand Palace which was amazing. Returned to our gorgeous room then chilled at the pool with a cold beer and yummy food. Went to Asiatrique for a quick visit but could not wait to get back to the Chatrium for dinner. The staff here were all so polite and made us feel special. The breakfasts were also to die for. If we ever go back to Bangkok we will be staying at the Chatrium. Thanks to all the staff for an excellent start to our holiday.

Room Tip: Riverview rooms are amazing
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed a couple nights at Chatrium Riverside on our way to Koh Samui and enjoyed every minute of it!! Fantastic location on the Riverside and amazing pool area, with a pool that is long enough that you can actually swim!! Food at the restaurant was delicious and great quality breakfast buffet.
Regarding the room, we upgraded to a riverview suite upon arrival and did not regret!! Huge space and very comfortable, with stunning view over the River and City from the 20th floor.
Would definitely love to stay there again!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at the Chatrium for 2 nights 1st and 2nd April and I had an amazing short breatk. I booked the limousine to pick me up at the airport and it was there waiting for me. On arrival at the hotel I was given a cold towel and a welcome drink while I was checking in. I booked a 1 bedroom apartment river facing the staff decided to put me on the 27th floor so the views were just sublime. If you are a sun worshipper like me perhaps you need an East facing apartment, I had a West facing apartment like where the swimming pool is so you only get the sun once it goes the tall hotel. The apartment was very spacious, clean and so comfortable. After a long flight I was very much looking forward to sleep in that spacious and comfy bed and it was! I had a really good night sleep. The breakfast was ample and eggs cooked as you wish, I mean there was so much food it was untrue and everything I tried was tasty.
I also had diner a couple of times outside and it was again very delicious. Overall everyone member of staff were polite, professionals and friendly. I mean it can't go wrong when all of them greet me with a genuine smile, everyone was lovely.
The swimming pool is lovely and spacious, great for lengths and plenty of space for those who want to cool down.
Free hotel ferry to the next pier to catch other ferries or sky train so that is very good and there is also a 24 hour shop underneath one of the hotel tower.
All in all I had an amazing first 2 days in Thailand and I would definitively stay there again.
Thank you all for making my first days in Thailand an absolute joy.

Room Tip: if you want the sun in the morning, choose an East facing apartment otherwise just try and get on th...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Silverlouis
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We had a 2 bedroom suite. It is very spacious and has a great view. the check-in was quick.
The staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfastbuffet is very good and has something for everybodys taste. The transfer to the skytrain with the riverboot is for free and the use of the skytrain is higli recommandet. (Trafficjam)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This place is almost perfect. The staff are super friendly and polite. Hotel is very fresh are everything is very clean. Everything works very well, food is good but the drinks are quite expensive. Breakfast is good, not really good but good. The boat transports to Skytrain station and is very nice experience. River is beautiful to watch and if you have a room with a view to the river you are sure going to enjoy it. Hotel has a good gym and a nice pool which is quite crowded.

Seven eleven and Starbucks are in the same building so it is very nice.

There is not that much to near this hotel but There is a cheap massage place about 300 meters away from hotel, go to the crossroad and turn right and you see it very soon on the left side of the street. There is also a smalla local restaurant at the nearest crossroad which is very cheap. Big bottle of Singha costs 60 bahts and in hotel a small bottle of Chang was 190 bahts but of course they are different places.

I recommend this hotel to everyone and are going to stay there if I ever come back to Bangkok again. Thank you for an excellent exprecience!

Room Tip: River view from the upper floors.