“Good start to our trip”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #26 of 867 Hotels in Bangkok
“Good start to our trip”
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the airport and were greeted by the hotel limousine driver we were impressed by the service that we received at the hotel. The staff were always smiling and very helpful. Special thanks must go to the concierge supervisor Takon, who went out of his way to arrange a special trip to Chunkai cemetery for us. The breakfast buffet was only surpassed by the evening buffet which was excellent, so much variety and many of the items cooked to order on the grill - huge tiger prawns being a highlight. We weren't sure whether the buffet would be good value for money (1300Thb) but once we saw what was on offer we didn't hesitate.
The free shuttle boat to the ferry and train stop a little way up the river was very useful for enabling further exploration of the sights of Bangkok. I would certainly recommend this hotel and the only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that I thought the drinks were a little on the pricey side.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,195)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed here for five nights in April in a one bedroom suite with a river view. I booked direct with the hotel in February and got a great price.

I arrived at about 8:00 am on a Sunday morning expecting to leave my luggage and return later to check in but they were able to give me a room immediately saving me a lot of time and messing around.

Reading other reviews I was a bit concerned that the hotel was not in the centre of Bangkok but this was not a problem. The hotel's ferry to Sathorn runs regularly and takes about 5 minutes. From there you can change to the BTS (Saphan Taksin) or use the Chao Phraya ferries. Since the Grand Palace, Wat Pho and Wat Arun are all close to the river I started most days using the ferries so the hotels location became, in fact, an advantage !

Everything about the hotel was excellent and if (hopefully, when) I return to Bangkok The Chatrium Riverside will be my first choice of hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank HarveyDog9
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This high rise hotel is located right on the river and not as expensive as the Oriental and other lovely luxury hotels in the same area. It is clean, the staff is helpful and the location is close to the sky train. It appears this is a "business hotel" & when we stayed Nissan was having an event which included a celebration evening which was quite loud although it had the benefit of fireworks being set off right in front of the hotel. There was an unpleasant smell that was noticeable when we first walked in the room but wasn't noticeable the longer you were in the room. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Choice a river facing room
Singapadu Tengah, Indonesia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Usually we always visit chain hotels by the river' this is the first time we try Chatrium after reading so many positive reviews. I would say I pick the right choice because I was greeted by doorman who lead me to check in at Front Desk. Of course, was greeted with smiles from the team and showed us to our rive view room.

Room is huge and impress with stunning view of the river. Previous review mentioned about the cleanliness of the room but there is nothing wrong on our stay. They give us extra attention in details and room is immaculate situation.

Breakfast is great selection with variety of food and service meets our expectation even on their busy period. They run thier own shuttle boat which is most convenience.

I would definitely come back here again as nothing wrong and even exceed our expectation. Highly recommended to all if you would like to try 5 stars experience in 4 stars budget.

Room Tip: River view facing asiatique
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff were friendly and efficient and the facilities were excellent. The room might have been a little over-priced. Some of the food was good and some not so good. I ordered room service and had the worst chicken sandwich of my life - dry stringy chicken on soggy bread with way to much lemon grass and the fries were old. I like the free shuttle boat. It's a nice ride on the river, and the Saphon Taksin pier is minutes away which connects to the BTS and other river ferries. It's a little out of the way, but the river is very pleasant and it connects well with public transportation.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the river view room with balcony. The room was excellent.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Ken N
Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We treated ourselves to a two night stay at the end of a 3 week backpacking trip. We loved our stay at this hotel, we stayed in a one bed apartment suite and the city views were amazing, bed comfortable and all very clean! The restaurant food was amazing, we dined there a few times, and the staff couldn't do enough for you. They spoke impeccable English and helped with advice on how do get places, organised taxi's etc. The only downside I would say is that the sunbed space is quite limited by the pool, we went mid April as its coming into low season - in high season I think you'd struggle - and I think the pool could have been cleaner but apart from that I honestly couldn't fault it. Note: The photo is of the apartment pool, not the hotel pool.

Things to do whilst there: we dined at Cabbages & Condoms Restaurant - a bit gimmicky but a must do whilst in Bangkok and for a good cause! Also Sky Bar (the original one) but be warned - drinks are a small fortune there, expect to pay around £20 for two drinks! Obviously the night markets are all worth a visit for the experience but are a little further from this hotel, however taxi's are cheap. TIP: If you visit the beauticians on sight, as I did for a manicure, make sure you agree the price clearly beforehand as they tried to overcharge me from what was shown on the price list and they tried to do the same with an Aussie girl who was paying at the start of my appointment! (Cheeky sods!)

2 Thank Alexandra J
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Our experience was wonderful. The check-in process was quick and smooth. The room was clean, spacious, and the view was gorgeous. The staff was wonderful throughout our stay. The breakfast was the best we had out of the seven hotels we stayed in during our trip. We would stay in this hotel again and recommend it to anyone going to Bangkok. Thank you for the wonderful experience!

• Stayed April 2014