“Best Value Riverside hotel in Bangkok”

Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok
Ranked #28 of 879 Hotels in Bangkok
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Third time I have stayed here . Always impressed by the friendly welcome , not just on first entrance but every time I walked into reception . The rooms are perfectly fine , try to go for a river view on one of the higher floors , incredible views . Spend time around the large swimming pool , and enjoy a drink in the bar by the river . Use the water taxi , just three minutes to the sky train link which ensures easy travel around the city .
Without doubt the best value quality hotel on the river .

Room Tip: Try to go for a river view . The price difference is small and well worth it . Plus several of the U...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Chatrium Hotel Riverside Bangkok

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is probably one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. I travelled alone and was made feel so welcome. The property is meticuously kept and all amenities upgraded. The staff couldn't have done more and really cared that I enjoyed my stay. Many small touches. The breakfast was so extensive and of amazing quality with variety every day and beautifully presented. The dining room overlooked the river and you could eat inside or out. I was upgraded to a suite which was just amazing, overlooking the river with a large balcony. The view at night was stunning. The hotel has easy access to several forms of transport and the area is safe for walking. I felt very safe, inspite of being a female travelling alone, and arriving the day the government was overthrown and martial law took effect. The hotel staff took time to advise me and keep me updated on the situation. I just can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: The small extra charge for a river view room is well worth it. All rooms have a balcony yet are very...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent two nights in a river view suite. View was breathtaking. The staff at this hotel are absolutely wonderful. They made us feel very welcome from the minute we stepped out of the taxi. Each time we returned from sightseeing we were warmly welcomed back. The person who checked us in (Jackie) even greeted us by name each time we saw him. My husband had a significant medical event during our stay and the staff could not have been more helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious with something to suit most nationalities. We ate in their restaurants each night and again, the food was lovely and very reasonably priced. The shuttle boat was a great bonus and made sightseeing very easy. It's also close to Asiatique shopping/dining/entertainment centre which is well worth visiting. I doubt I'll ever stay anywhere else when I visit Bangkok again. The Chatrium far exceeds expectations.

Room Tip: Book a river view suite. Well worth the little bit extra.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in the month of April.After a lot of debate whether to stay near the more happening Sukhumvit side or the quieter riverside, I decided to book this hotel due to the fabulous reviews it has received. And I definitely think i made the right choice.It was a beautiful hotel, very spacious & clean rooms with excellent view of the river. It is easy access to all the highlights the city has to offer. Would definitely stay here again if I go back to bangkok..

Room Tip: choose the club rooms ..river side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We stayed at Chatrium for 4 nights in June. As a travel agent I get the pleasure of staying in a number of hotels during the year and see good -and not so good. The Chatrium has Incredible apartment style living with views over the Chao Phraya river. Could not fault anything from fantastic staff, unbelievable food, cleanliness, wonderful facilities and close by shopping. Having a free boat to take you to the local pier is a bonus. Overall great value for money. One of the top hotels we have stayed at. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Bangkok. Lee

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This review is for me and my sister. It was our first time booking a trip to Thailand: We booked 10 nights in Bangkok so we wanted a Hotel that was good in price and in reputation, after carefully going through reviews and reviews on Trip Advisor Chatrium Riverside Bangkok was the Hotel that stood out to us. My twin and I LOVED IT! From the moment we arrived which was in the evening to the moment we left which was in the evening once again, every staff member of the Hotel was so welcoming, attentive and helpful. The members of staff that stood out to us in particular was Jackie who held a constant smile whenever he was at the front desk, even when we had an implication with the shuttle boat timings due to temporary curfew, he made sure that we were OK and apologized on behalf of the hotel etc. Jackie would always ensure that my sister and I were OK and everything was OK with our room etc. Another member of staff that also stood out was Chutima very welcoming and always greeted us with a welcoming smile. She was the one that showed us to our room the first day we arrived. Everything ran ever so smoothly! The room we had was a city view an AMAZING view at night and day too. Don't be tempted to book a river view room as city view room is just as nice! A personal thank you to both Jackie and Chutima. Another helpful member of staff was named Takon who helped us on our way out with luggage VERY HELPFUL and very determined to ensure all our luggage was safely put in the boot of the Taxis car. A special Kapunkaa to you! All in all we had an amazing time at this hotel and would recommend it to any one who wants a hotel in a GREAT Location. Easy access to the main city of Bangkok!

Thank you very much!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leylah Babirye S
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived at Don Muang Airport in the afternoon and since it's not our first time in Bangkok, we decided to take the public transport. We took a public bus to the nearest BTS Station which is Mo Chit and from there we took BTS until Saphan Taksin Station where we alighted and board the Chatrium Shuttle Boat on Chao Phraya River. The boat took us to the hotel within 5 minutes. The whole journey took about slightly less than an hour which I would consider fast in this busy city. I am sure if we were to take a cab, it will take longer with the jam.

Check in was really swift. Within 5 minutes we were escorted to our 1 bedroom suite. The unit is well equipped, it comes with 2 TVs, a huge fridge with hot plates and microwave oven. All the necessary amenities are provided. Even though the furniture may look a bit dated but nevertheless it has been maintain very well. We were given a unit with river view at level 15. The balcony is huge and there is a breakfast table for 2 with a great view. The bed is very comfortable.

The breakfast has quite a good selection. Extremely great for different type of hotel guest. Also I believe this is more of a business hotel than tourist hotel as you don't get so see tour groups in this hotel which give it a very quiet and nice atmosphere. The coffee house staffs are very attentive and polite. Overall, I like the ambiance of this hotel. We even had dinner at the Chinese restaurant call Silver something.... The food is simply delicious and again the staffs are very attentive. Kudos!!

The hotel surrounding is actually very quiet at night. There is not much activities around the hotel. The nearest shopping area is around the Saphan Taksin BTS Station. If exit from exit 3, then along the road there are many stall selling local food not to mention there is a shopping centre with Tops supermarket at the basement. There are also many restaurant at the basement. And opposite the main entrance, there is a very famous and reasonably price duck rice shop.

All in all, I am very happy at the hotel ... Will definitely be back....

Room Tip: Get a room with River View
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple